Game Thread: Warriors @ New Orleans Hornets 2008-04-06

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors finish this road trip with a win on national television?

Poll ended at Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:17 pm

YES
21
100%
NO
0
No votes
 
Total votes : 21


All Star
Posts: 2035
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:33 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:28 pm
How many times have I seen AB go after the rebound where the other players just watch him go after it???

S-Jax you suck and BD you both sucked big time!!!
Last edited by J-Rich on Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5756
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:40 am
Location: On the couch watching sports
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:28 pm
And I would add to my previous statement, that I really wouldnt mind them overhauling the roster. I wouldnt mind seeing Harrington get dealt for some youth, with Barnes and Pietrus gone, as well. Baron and Jackson arent getting any younger and this was the year that we needed to win it. I would like to see them go into the draft, looking for some good young defensive talent, and rebuild for the future.

Maybe I am being rash, but I dont feel this team is made for the playoffs.
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 7512
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:44 pm
Location: Brighton, England.
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:29 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:Yeah, I'm with J-Rich. This just isnt a playoff team. They live-and-die by the three, and, when it doesnt fall, like it hasnt been lately, they have none chance to do anything. They will not go in and get easy layups, which they can every time, if they wanted to. They refuse to play defense. They have no lock down defender, and dont like to rebound the ball.

If they do make the playoffs, it will be because we caught a couple of breaks and some teams lost, but we will not get in there because of our own good play.

I have not given up, and really want it to happen, but, realistically, it wont.


WOW!!!!!!!! never thought Id see that.

For f*cks sake though...........how do you guys not see that all this is to do them being burned out from so much running all season!!!

We lead the league in shots attempted (very tiring to shoot the most shots if youve ever played ball)........we lead the league in steals and forced turnovers (its very tiring to force the other team to turn the ball over and get steals......if youve ever played ball)...........and we lead the league in fast break points (hmm, always though running hard and more than the other team was always pretty tiring)

These last 4 games have all been a by-product of us running into the ground all season.........nothing to do with heart.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1787
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:47 pm
Location: Where Da Wild Things R
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:30 pm
D4rk 0ne wrote:Even if he went in and got hot, our D wouldn't be able to hold them. Of course I doubt he would get hot anyway. As much as I like him you have to admit it would be a fluke if he came in and sunk 5-6 straight 3's.


How can I admit it would be a fluke it he went 5-6 when we barely even see what he can do? Nellie rarely gives him a chance and when he does, he produces. Sure, he will not benefit our defense, but does Harrington do ANY better? At least we can count on Beli moving without the ball and making a few shots.

All Star
Posts: 2035
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:33 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:30 pm
Bring back POB for the last part of the year...And see what he can offer!!!
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5756
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:40 am
Location: On the couch watching sports
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:31 pm
Yeah, Nellie really f*cked up this year. Now I am not sure if he has always done this or not, but a seven man rotation, and having the starters play 45+ minutes a game will not work, and it will bite you in the ass in the long run.... it is biting us right now.
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1088
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:58 pm
Location: the nickel and dime
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:32 pm
J-Rich wrote:Bring back POB for the last part of the year...And see what he can offer!!!


lol

All Star
Posts: 2035
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:33 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:34 pm
At least he's playing better in the D-League and he won't let other players just drive the middle. ..Fuucck why do we have Kosta and Watson???
User avatar
Starting Lineup
Posts: 931
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:24 pm
Location: Wenatchee, WA
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:41 pm
Careless 3's that's all it was...did you see how we were beating them in the paint (pick-and-rolls and layups) all day? I really think we deserved to lose this game...not from lack of heart of course; just shooting bricks all day long. Monta played an excellent game...now on to the next game!
The Hulk is a Warriors fan.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:09 pm
bigstrads wrote:For f*cks sake though...........how do you guys not see that all this is to do them being burned out from so much running all season!!!

We lead the league in shots attempted (very tiring to shoot the most shots if youve ever played ball)........we lead the league in steals and forced turnovers (its very tiring to force the other team to turn the ball over and get steals......if youve ever played ball)...........and we lead the league in fast break points (hmm, always though running hard and more than the other team was always pretty tiring)

These last 4 games have all been a by-product of us running into the ground all season.........nothing to do with heart.


Ok, but let's analyze the problem, and I mean the real problem because running is not that problem. The problem is that we don't know how to play any other kind of basketball. If we don't run, we can't win. Easy as that. Of course, running the whole year takes it's toll over the team, so we have to change our style to win. There's no other way around it.

This season has been as good as it possible can with our current roster. And the only reason we didn't make the playoffs was because the West is crazy. Too many teams with good records. We'd be the 4th seed in the east, but we do not play in the east, so no point in discussing that.

And next year will be even tougher, with Oden playing for the Blazers (and anybody they'll draft/sign this year), the Clips have a very good team if the keep Brand and add a good PG...

If we want to make the playoffs next year, we just can't stay put and play run&gun all day.


btw, I think we're done after this loss. It's been a great ride, and an amazing season... but after this game I've stopped believing.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1104
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:17 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:30 pm
Im gonna be optimistic about next year. If we make some big trades we can become an elite team. Im starting to think we should trade jackson, harrington, and baron tho. We should go with the youth for next season. I hope they make the playoffs but it looks unlikely now.
Also if we continue to play fast break basketball I would like to see us do it without relying on the three too much. Like the suns, they dont go around chucking threes they shoot a high percentage.
Basketball would be depressing without the warriors
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:39 pm
jimbob631 wrote:Im starting to think we should trade jackson, harrington, and baron tho. We should go with the youth for next season.


Well, that may be the best option long term, but for next year?. There wouldn't be much difference between Seattle and us.
User avatar
Starting Lineup
Posts: 931
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:24 pm
Location: Wenatchee, WA
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:41 pm
TMC wrote:
bigstrads wrote:For f*cks sake though...........how do you guys not see that all this is to do them being burned out from so much running all season!!!

We lead the league in shots attempted (very tiring to shoot the most shots if youve ever played ball)........we lead the league in steals and forced turnovers (its very tiring to force the other team to turn the ball over and get steals......if youve ever played ball)...........and we lead the league in fast break points (hmm, always though running hard and more than the other team was always pretty tiring)

These last 4 games have all been a by-product of us running into the ground all season.........nothing to do with heart.


Ok, but let's analyze the problem, and I mean the real problem because running is not that problem. The problem is that we don't know how to play any other kind of basketball. If we don't run, we can't win. Easy as that. Of course, running the whole year takes it's toll over the team, so we have to change our style to win. There's no other way around it.

This season has been as good as it possible can with our current roster. And the only reason we didn't make the playoffs was because the West is crazy. Too many teams with good records. We'd be the 4th seed in the east, but we do not play in the east, so no point in discussing that.

And next year will be even tougher, with Oden playing for the Blazers (and anybody they'll draft/sign this year), the Clips have a very good team if the keep Brand and add a good PG...

If we want to make the playoffs next year, we just can't stay put and play run&gun all day.


btw, I think we're done after this loss. It's been a great ride, and an amazing season... but after this game I've stopped believing.


(Whistles) The Warriors just played the best team in the West. We are now 1-1 of our last 7. I've seen some crazier stuff happen...what ever happened to going 6-1 and we're in? Perhaps even 5-2 (with one of those wins coming over the Nuggs) will get us in. The Nuggets aren't playing very well right now either...I'll accept defeat when we're mathematically out. Thank you very much.
The Hulk is a Warriors fan.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1104
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:17 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:57 pm
TMC wrote:
jimbob631 wrote:Im starting to think we should trade jackson, harrington, and baron tho. We should go with the youth for next season.


Well, that may be the best option long term, but for next year?. There wouldn't be much difference between Seattle and us.


If we trade baron jackson and harrington for nothing then yea but i mean get good young players that could keep us competetive. Add a lottery pick and we could have a playoff team and at the same time a team full of players 25 and under.
Basketball would be depressing without the warriors
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1787
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:47 pm
Location: Where Da Wild Things R
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:13 pm
This is one of the best years of Baron's career we shouldnt leave him now. He is the core of our team
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron