Game Thread: Warriors @ Denver Nuggets 2008-03-29

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors end the Nuggets four game winning streak?

Poll ended at Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:09 pm

YES
94%
NO
6%

Total votes : 16

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:16 pm
J-Rich is clearly a certain fan type that EVERY team has. This type of fan is called "The Pessimist"

The Pessimist

Nobody likes pessimists but they are amongst us in our everyday life and sometimes we see them when we look in the mirror. Hey, we all have our issues.

The Pessimist will tell you in a heartbeat that he just knew the team was going to stink after a loss in week 1 and he rarely, if ever, has anything positive to say about the home team. To be honest, you generally doubt whether or not the Pessimist is even a fan of the team.

Some might think the Pessimist fits into the "Too Cool for School" category but not really. While that group is more objective with their criticism, the Pessimist seems to revel in the misfortune of the hometown team and is quick with a call to the post game show or the morning talk show when the team loses.

The Pessimist also scours the Internet for negative things about the hometown team that national writers may have written so they can further their agenda of tearing down the team. Some Pessimists actually fit into another subset that we all know all too well... the Bandwagon Jumper. Once things get going good, they are the first to put the team's jersey back on.

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:53 pm
To tell you the truth! Even with the W's winning record. They don't deserve to be in the playoffs! They have lost too many games in the last few games...That my friend is not playoff style bball! You don't just turn on the on switch and hope that the 3 ball will get you in the game...Plus, their defense is very poor as well as the rebounding department...

They could make the playoffs but I wouldn't consider it a success!!! They are not on a roll this year compared to last year...Last year you just felt it...This year yeah they won their fair share of games but you never know what to expect from each game...They are not a consistent team...Their defense picked up after S-Jax came back from his suspension but where has it been the whole season...

The only true positive has been Monta and the biggest disappointment has been being teased by Wright potential and Nellie not being able to find his niche in the whole team play! He only played him because he was forced to by injuries to the team...

To me this team is unpredictable and I would not consider that a success and may the W's have great luck during the last part of the stretch...

If they do make the playoffs. It might be a repeat of the Utah series where they get badly outrebounded and Odom, Bynum and Gasol make the W's look like a freshmen bball team playing the varsity team...
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:02 am
ITs ok to critique ur team but ur putting urself in a position where u cant enjoy the success of the team. They could go all the way to the conference finals and im sure u would find something wrong with it. Remember when we played Utah how we came close to winning two games because of free throws. Remember the game we blew them out. The warriors were a lottery team two years ago. Now we have the most succesful season record wise since the 90's. U do realize the warriors have a great young team with lots of potential and at the same time we r winning games and contending for a playofff spot. I suggest u sit back and start rooting for ur team to succeed and not rooting for them to lose so u can be right. :D
Basketball would be depressing without the warriors

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:04 am
And moderator btw Terry Teagle was one of my favorite W's! I loved that high arching jump shot of his...

Bringing back some old memories. Do you remember when Mullin had that big game against the Lakers when he was on a roll? I forgot who the TV commentator was...But Mullin came down court and nailed a shot 3pt shot almost about 6-7 feet behind the line...And they announcer said no way he would hit that shot...But Mullin nailed it right now...

Don't always bring out the positives of the W's but it has been a very long time since the W's have had some success...But when we lose to weak teams that doesn't make you a great team...

Plus, Mr. Moderator I said many times that Monta wasn't clutch at the FT line...And he proved it against games like the Bobcats and Lakers but he got an extra ft from that line violation....I sure didn't pick that one up from any sports writers buddy!!!

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:11 am
I was one of the 1st ones to say that the W's series could have had a different outcome because of shots missed by WHO??? BD and MP!!!

This is a short window of opportunity for us...BD and S-Jax are getting older and Nellie will be out of the spotlight soon...

I had more respect for the W's team last year since they played the Jazz team very closely...I really think that J-rich height 6'6 and 225lbs played a big part in the W's dominant big backcourt BD 6'3 215 and JR 6'6 225 helped out alot with S-Jax coming over to double team and force turnvers...Monta is good but he hurts in that department when you compare it to last year...How many times have you seen Monta trap someone with BD or S-Jax and force a turnover???

Once again Mr. Moderator is this my idea and not one stolen from a media person!!!

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:13 am
If the W's don't get past the Lakers in the 1st round but take them to 6 ot 7 games. Then I consider that a success for me!!!

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:27 am
J-Rich wrote:To tell you the truth! Even with the W's winning record. They don't deserve to be in the playoffs! They have lost too many games in the last few games...That my friend is not playoff style bball! You don't just turn on the on switch and hope that the 3 ball will get you in the game...Plus, their defense is very poor as well as the rebounding department...

They could make the playoffs but I wouldn't consider it a success!!! They are not on a roll this year compared to last year...Last year you just felt it...This year yeah they won their fair share of games but you never know what to expect from each game...They are not a consistent team...Their defense picked up after S-Jax came back from his suspension but where has it been the whole season...

Sorry, but this is just a dumb thing to say. They don't deserve to be in the playoffs, even if they end up in the top 8 in the West, and likely will win 50 or more games? They don't deserve to be in the playoffs because they've gone 5-5 the last 10 games, even though 7 of those 10 games were against teams over .500? Then why would Dallas deserve to be in the playoffs, when Dallas has not beaten a team over .500 in a month and a half, and hasn't beaten a playoff bound team in almost two months?

The Lakers have gone 5-5 in their last 10 games, so I guess they don't belong in the playoffs either?

Try to think before you post next time.

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:11 am
The Lakers aren't at full strength so that's why they are 5-5!!! Even without Gasol..They still managed to play the W's at an even pace...The W's team had all their players at full strength...

Denver deserves to be in the playoffs they outhustled the W's players when though the W's kept throwing up wild shots from everywhere...

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:20 am
That's exactly what I said buddy!!! The W's play this type of style where they can take a day off for the 1st and 2nd quarters and expect to come back??? That's not gonna get you far!!!

They will only make the playoffs because of Dirk's injury and that's the only way...Because they definitely will have a hard time catching up to Denver...They are on a roll and they couldn't even contain K-Mart who has been ineffective against other teams...

I love the W's but this type of style will tire the W's before the playoffs and the lack of defense doesn't help either...

Getting 50 games isn't a guarantee to make the 8th seed either buddy!!!
I think they will be 1.5 behind Denver at the season end and probably make it ahead of Dallas
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:03 am
Fact is, at least 9 teams from the West deserve to be in the playoffs and the fact that Atlanta will make it and one of them won't is another travesty. The Ws had at least 15 shots rim in and out - make half of those and it is a win -
I see a very real possibility of all three finishing 51-31, and one of them will miss.
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:56 am
Well, the game went as expected. The biggest positive was having the real Biedrins back again (or the Biedrins I consider as the real one. I'm sure he can be a 15 and 12 guy... it's just that we don't use him like that), and our big three, as always, kept the game on reach.

Sadly, we're one of the worst defensive teams in the league, no matter how many steals we get. Rivals score way too easily on us. And Nellie doesn't seem to know what he's doing with our bench. As much as he means to this team, I think he hasn't coached really well the last quarter of the season. Wright proved for a few games, with Beans out, the he deserves to have minutes on this team, because he adds something different... and got none in this game. Al has been in a funk for a long time now... and he gets to start against Denver (btw, is it me or he always sucks when he plays at center, excepts if he plays against Yao?). Barnes had a good game the other day against Portland... and he plays only 5 minutes against Denver....

I could go on and on... I just don't like how erratic his coaching has looked lately. I mean, I can understand doing this at the beginning of the year, when you're looking to establish a rotation, but I think it hurts more than helps at this point of the year.

Rookie
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:30 am
Exactly what I'm saying TMC. I dont post much on forums but I have to vent my frustration with our team. I'm not giving up on this team. There is no point in predicting the outcome of future games. A weak team always have a chance to beat the best team. GSW is no where near being a weak team. Anybody in this team can score but they need to play defense. Everybody knows outside shots are a zone killer why not play man to man straight up with a little help defense. Stop reaching in then watch the opponent lay up or take jumpshots. I also noticed that in the previous games we catch up with the other team when BWright is in there.This are just things that I notice. I'm not trying to be a coach and I did not sleep at the holiday inn. :mrgreen: I'm just frustrated :banghead:

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:08 am
When they started Brandan Wright the W's didn't get off to bad start!!! Since Al is in Nellie's doghouse....Why does he continue to start??? He's like another 3 out there shooting 3's??? We don't need that...If I don't see Wright starting next game against the Nuggets or getting at least 15-20 minutes that will drive me up the wall with Nellie!!!

The W's have built the foundation for Nellie run-and-gun!!! Nellie said in the past they don't really need him...If he leaves that won't be a big problem since he has been here the last 2 years and next year will be his last hopefully...Time to retire next year big guy!!!

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:50 am
J-Rich wrote:That's exactly what I said buddy!!! The W's play this type of style where they can take a day off for the 1st and 2nd quarters and expect to come back??? That's not gonna get you far!!!

They will only make the playoffs because of Dirk's injury and that's the only way...Because they definitely will have a hard time catching up to Denver...They are on a roll and they couldn't even contain K-Mart who has been ineffective against other teams...

I love the W's but this type of style will tire the W's before the playoffs and the lack of defense doesn't help either...

Getting 50 games isn't a guarantee to make the 8th seed either buddy!!!
I think they will be 1.5 behind Denver at the season end and probably make it ahead of Dallas

You might want to learn math. It's impossible for any team to finish a half game ahead of/behind another team, once they have played the same number of games.

You still haven't explained why Dallas "deserves" to be in the playoffs ahead of the Warriors. They have only played 2 games without Dirk (3 if you count the San Antonio game where he got hurt in the second half). Before that, for almost 2 months, they have not beaten a playoff bound team.

Yes, the Warriors have not been able to get on the kind of run they were on last year, it's hard to expect that to happen again. But they are playing close games against everyone, and have beat 8 playoff bound teams (including the Celtics) in the past two months.

I understand your point about the way the Warriors play and the fact that they have not been playing defense. But they still have a much better record against the good teams in the league than many of the other teams ahead of them in the standings. To say that the Ws "don't deserve to make the playoffs" is what I think is a dumb thing to say. As others have posted, one of the teams (probably the Ws, Denver or Dallas) is really going to "deserve" to be in the playoffs and not make it. They will likely set an all time NBA record for number of wins without making the playoffs.
Rookie
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:57 am
Like if Denver has ever played some defense...come on people, realistically both teams (W's and nuggets) barely play any defense.
I dont want to say that the W's will make it to the playoffs, but at the same time we can't say they deserve it less than Denver or Dallas.
If there is a team that don't deserve to make it, then it's Dallas.
Look at their team: they have amazing players, last year's mvp and Jason Kidd as well.
The problem with them is that after last year's loss against the W's they've lost their confidence, but with all their potential they should be at least in the first two position in the Western conference.
They haven't committed this year, they cruised until now and now they find themselves in deep ****.
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads