Game Thread: Portland Trail Blazers @ Warriors 2008-03-27

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will the Warriors take care of Portland?

Poll ended at Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:22 pm

YES
100%
NO
No votes

Total votes : 22

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:09 am
bigstrads wrote:
Jackattack wrote:Did anyone else say to themselves when Nelson let the whole bench play:
Damn, that's a whole lot of white guys on the court at one time!!

:lol:

that was meant purely to be funny not to stir up sh*t... 8)

Jackattack wrote:No one wants to guard AC and his sweaty dolphin flesh... Smile

Jack...........Im not taking that in any way other than how you meant it, ie: as a joke..........and I take no offense to it what-so-ever, plus, I like you alot and know you dont roll that way.

But in light of recent accusations/trouble on here...........just imagine for a second if someone said something similar/comparable about a black player? :wink: ...........that person would get there balls ripped off, called a racist and probably banned...............why is that? if it was meant in the same way and would be a joke/bit of fun............just thinking out loud here.

not to bring drama .....fuckdrama...
but bigs you make a great point....
i'll add....
at somepoint in order for change someone / group needs to man up and get over it as a way of leading out of the mess.

i would love a true gentleman conversation on the subject but think this isnt the thread for it.....
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:13 pm
bigstrads wrote:
Jackattack wrote:Did anyone else say to themselves when Nelson let the whole bench play:
Damn, that's a whole lot of white guys on the court at one time!!

:lol:

that was meant purely to be funny not to stir up sh*t... 8)

Jackattack wrote:No one wants to guard AC and his sweaty dolphin flesh... Smile

Jack...........Im not taking that in any way other than how you meant it, ie: as a joke..........and I take no offense to it what-so-ever, plus, I like you alot and know you dont roll that way.

But in light of recent accusations/trouble on here...........just imagine for a second if someone said something similar/comparable about a black player? :wink: ...........that person would get there balls ripped off, called a racist and probably banned...............why is that? if it was meant in the same way and would be a joke/bit of fun............just thinking out loud here.

I don't know about that. I mean, c'mon, the majority of the NBA could play all black players at the same time since the league is African-dominated so saying something like "Damn, that's a whole lot of black people on the court at the same time!" isn't as bad as saying that but replacing black people with the N word.

But nah seriously guys, cut the racism thinkings out of our talk. It seems every time someone sounds like they said something that could be considered racial ends up becoming a "Watch out or else someone will find you racist for saying that!" If a guy is offended by it, let them say they are. Don't start something up by making yourself look like you're pointing fingers at someone else even though you may not be.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:30 pm
xbaywarrior wrote:But nah seriously guys, cut the racism thinkings out of our talk. It seems every time someone sounds like they said something that could be considered racial ends up becoming a "Watch out or else someone will find you racist for saying that!" If a guy is offended by it, let them say they are. Don't start something up by making yourself look like you're pointing fingers at someone else even though you may not be.

Exactly. Good point, XBay.

Come on, guys. After all the crap this board has been through, you still want more?.

If we all have to be a bit more careful with what we say, ain't that worth it?. Give it a try. You've seen what happens if not.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:51 pm
TMC wrote:
xbaywarrior wrote:But nah seriously guys, cut the racism thinkings out of our talk. It seems every time someone sounds like they said something that could be considered racial ends up becoming a "Watch out or else someone will find you racist for saying that!" If a guy is offended by it, let them say they are. Don't start something up by making yourself look like you're pointing fingers at someone else even though you may not be.

Exactly. Good point, XBay.

Come on, guys. After all the crap this board has been through, you still want more?.

If we all have to be a bit more careful with what we say, ain't that worth it?. Give it a try. You've seen what happens if not.

Thats all Im trying to say damn it!

If people are going to be called out on things that arnt even racist (ie: me, sf and webelieve.........and migya to an extent) then Im just trying to show the hypocrisy of the whole thing when its not about black players.

Jack's comment is taken as a joke, I took it that way atleast, but if it was the other way round (and Xbay, I didnt mean an EXACT comparable statement)............then boy. :agrue:
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:23 pm
I'm white and I can laugh at myself ...
It's still ok for me to make fun of my own race isn't it?

sorry dudes, I didn't mean to drag all this bs up again... :oops:

I'll answer Bigs in a PM...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:01 pm
JOEL wrote:
webelieve wrote:hmmm no capn jack sighting about the barnes play???interesting :mrgreen:

SHE WAS SIGHTED....sitting behind the bench...stroking his ...ummm ego yeah thats it moral support :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Ha ha...I missed most of the game live due to lame airport delays. I listened to the first half and the watched the second half that I had recorded when I got home.

Matt played well, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's not just a temporary thing and that we are getting our bench back!

Oh and Joel...I SOOOOO wish I was there stroking his...uh ego...as you say :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:02 pm
Jackattack wrote:I'm white and I can laugh at myself ...
It's still ok for me to make fun of my own race isn't it?

sorry dudes, I didn't mean to drag all this bs up again... :oops:

I'll answer Bigs in a PM...

MAN!!!..........theres no need to explain yourself!!!............I wasnt saying anything about you, more the fact that your statements would be widely taken as joke...........but if it were the "other" way round it would be different, thats all............if I wasnt happy with what you said, trust me, Id have been a little more infactic. :mrgreen:

I sometimes feel like I dont type in English on here........... :shock:
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:06 pm
I know you were saying that Bigs! it's all good...

I guess that was my immediate reaction that there was any general chatter about it at all, not directed at anyone in particular...
I would have quoted you if I meant that for you directly...

8)

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:19 pm
Jackattack wrote:I know you were saying that Bigs! it's all good...

I guess that was my immediate reaction that there was any general chatter about it at all, not directed at anyone in particular...
I would have quoted you if I meant that for you directly...

8)

Cool bud............man I hate not discussing these things to peoples faces! :banghead: :banghead:

I replied to your PM. :wink:
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:31 pm
I don't know if it was mentioned before or in another thread, but I love it when the oracle erupts after Marco sinks a 3. It happened in the Jail Blazer game and another game that he got some PT in garbage time earlier this year. IMO it shows how knowledgeable warrior fans are and along with moments like when the fans went crazy when Foyal got some PT in the Mavs series last post season - has become a staple of our fan base. Not sure what else it really says about warrior fans but I think it's pretty cool and not common among other fan bases.

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:37 pm
JReed23 wrote:I don't know if it was mentioned before or in another thread, but I love it when the oracle erupts after Marco sinks a 3. It happened in the Jail Blazer game and another game that he got some PT in garbage time earlier this year. IMO it shows how knowledgeable warrior fans are and along with moments like when the fans went crazy when Foyal got some PT in the Mavs series last post season - has become a staple of our fan base. Not sure what else it really says about warrior fans but I think it's pretty cool and not common among other fan bases.

i was at that A FOYAL game i think the crowd had been chanting play foyal play foyal play foyal upto the time nellie put him in :D
T.S. Eliot
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:03 pm
I love that Kelenna is getting time and coming in aggressive! Then Barnes with great comeback game. With Wright and Croshere providing some energy. It would be great to see Marco come in for some clutch 3's here and there.

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:06 pm
that off balance sideways glidding jumper for three!!!!
T.S. Eliot
Previous

Return to Game Threads