Game Thread: Los Angeles Lakers @ Warriors 2008-03-24

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will the Warriors win the season series tomorrow against the Lakers?

Poll ended at Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:07 pm

YES
91%
NO
9%

Total votes : 23

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:42 am
So, I wake up this morning and this is the worse I have felt in a long time about a stupid sports event. I watch the play again over and over this morning and it makes no sense. Somehow I think ref "Abie" didn't lose any sleep last night like many a W's fan did.

I almost shelled out some cash to go to last night's game. If I did I would be walking over to the front office to get my money back. These officials should be held accountable for thier actions (I mean if they can throw Duncan out for laughing, bet on games for several years without getting caught, and screw with who gets into the playoffs) there needs to be some revolt from fans at some point as Stern is oblivious or laughing in some cigar room somewhere. As it's been said earlier thier needs to be some kind of 2 minute rule for the end of the game for questionable calls that goes up to a booth for a decision to be made not by these corrupt, inept officiating crews (Something like the NFL has in place).

I went to the Houston game Friday and while the W's lost I think the game was incredible and didn't feel bad because it was decided by Houston not a ref or a flopping player. Somehow, I think Phil Jackson had called some of that ugliness given it wasn't just Fisher but also Kobe doing everything possible to not let a play get off and figuring the refs would either do a no call or give it to the more prestigous team.

The NBA... It's Fancraptic!

Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:07 am
this is what fisher said after the game.

"I thought it was going to be a no-call, just two guys fall down and the play goes on," Fisher said. "So when the whistle blew, it caught me off-guard as well. ... I don't think anybody was necessarily guilty of anything, but from the angle that Bob had, it looked (Ellis) had his hands to my chest, which he did. But like I said, I wasn't trying to fall down at all in that situation."

ruined a perfect game..
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:27 am
Can somebody either post the play showing the call or direct me to somewhere that will? Thanks.
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"

Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:35 am
Here it is...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piHxZ42ILtA
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:36 am
Thanks, man. :wink:
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:38 am
warriorsfan wrote:this is what fisher said after the game.

"I thought it was going to be a no-call, just two guys fall down and the play goes on," Fisher said. "So when the whistle blew, it caught me off-guard as well. ... I don't think anybody was necessarily guilty of anything, but from the angle that Bob had, it looked (Ellis) had his hands to my chest, which he did. But like I said, I wasn't trying to fall down at all in that situation."

ruined a perfect game..

I hope you're not buying that ****. Fisher is a premier flopper in the NBA. He's catching up to Manu and Scola
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:03 pm
And i like how fisher compounded his flop with a wonderful acting job, as he layed on the floor in such agony as though tanya harding just smashed his knee in with a lead pipe.....and lets not forget how he reacted to that baron davis "elbow" to the face last season in the playoffs against the Jazz, that guy is becoming my new Devin Harris now that he is in the east... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
I have seen the 49ers win a Superbowl. I have now seen the Giants win a world series. I need one more championship in my lifetime to make my life complete...

Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:31 pm
nickdakoolkat wrote:And i like how fisher compounded his flop with a wonderful acting job, as he layed on the floor in such agony as though tanya harding just smashed his knee in with a lead pipe.....and lets not forget how he reacted to that baron davis "elbow" to the face last season in the playoffs against the Jazz, that guy is becoming my new Devin Harris now that he is in the east... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

he was holding his knee cause al harrington landed on it after the flop..

then came the turn...

then the river....

hahaha

dam refs
LARGE NUTS

Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:44 am
The nba has proven time and time again it does what it wants whether its fair unfair. The nba's goal is to make as much money as possible corrupt or fair.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:03 pm
After watching that call over and over again, you can clearly tell that not only di Fisher flop, but he actually pulled Monta to the ground with his bear hug, holding move. Sad thing is I had a conversation with a buddy while riding BART and said Fish was the only Laker I could stand...F*CK that flopping bastard.

Delany stole this game
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:25 pm
warriorsfan wrote:But like I said, I wasn't trying to fall down at all in that situation."

F******CK THAT...

MAN UP AND ADMIT IT YOU F*CK
Previous

Return to Game Threads