Game Thread: Los Angeles Lakers @ Warriors 2008-03-24

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will the Warriors win the season series tomorrow against the Lakers?

Poll ended at Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:07 pm

YES
91%
NO
9%

Total votes : 23

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:56 pm
coltraning wrote:disgusting, and yet another case why the smug, smarmy, condescending and arrogant Stern damages this league by not allowing instant replay challenges...Fisher can't be blamed, as players will get away with what they can. The ref can't be blamed because refs miss about 50 calls a night. This is ALL on Stern and his loathsome, toad-like asshole knows-best know-nothingness regime. Oh, and the fact that the warriors once again did the old let's walk the ball up the floor and chuck up 3s for the entire 3rd quarter...what a drag

I do blame the official the only thing you can do when in doubt as an official is CALL NOTHING! Especially when you are the guy furthest from the play.
All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:56 pm
**** FISHER AND **** THE REFS... **** STERN THA MOST
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:57 pm
I hate when that happens. We all know Dalaney won't be refereeing an NBA Finals game any time soon. Let the players decide the game. If the Warriors were meant to lose, let them get the ball and miss the shot. It's just so stupid how simple a whistle can control the final decision of the game.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:59 pm
Does anyone have a clip of that bullshit call...i could have sworn Fisher tried to grab harringtons nuts but pulled him down by his shorts.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:01 pm
Is this the ref that called the game?

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:02 pm
coltraning wrote:disgusting, and yet another case why the smug, smarmy, condescending and arrogant Stern damages this league by not allowing instant replay challenges...Fisher can't be blamed, as players will get away with what they can. The ref can't be blamed because refs miss about 50 calls a night. This is ALL on Stern and his loathsome, toad-like asshole knows-best know-nothingness regime. Oh, and the fact that the warriors once again did the old let's walk the ball up the floor and chuck up 3s for the entire 3rd quarter...what a drag

i disagree with you there (the bolded part). yes, refs miss a bunch of calls each game...but in this game, this situation, the fact that it was game deciding, and the fact that HE DIDNT EVEN LOOK UNTIL THE TWO WERE ON THE FLOOR, the call should not have been made. if you're gonna make the call in that situation, you'd better be damned sure it was 100% the correct call. if even laker fans are admitting it was a bad call, then theres something more to it than stern not allowing challenges.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:27 pm
wow... After watching it once more, I dislike Fish for his tatics but he wasn't the main one to blame...

He fouled Monta, like he fouled B Wright last night, and both times the REF SCREWED UP
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:23 am
as everyone says.. this should have been a no call. At a very crucial time when that foul was called... it should have been left alone to play. Everyone knows how tight the west is and that every single game for the top 9 teams in the west is very important. The playoffs are still in our hands... we just have to capitalize from here on out... DONT FORGET WHAT HAPPENED LAST YEAR WITH THE WIZARDS... WE BLEW UP AND WENT ON A TEAR. LETS HOPE THIS FIRES UP THE WHOLE TEAM TO RIDE INTO THE PLAYOFFS
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:24 am
and the whole laker team can suck each fishers dick cuz he saved them big time... screw farmar... vujajic... odom for smiling at the end of the game cuz he knew they got away with this one... and the whole laker team
Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:33 am
I woke up at 3:30 in the italian morning to watch the game, and it was a great game until a ****ing referee ruined everything, and he had absolutely no angle to call that!!
now, ****ing referee, are you going to give me back my missed sleep??**** you, these are important games which could be vital for a team going into the playoffs.
Well, at least we disappointed the fakers fan at home, that's the good thing.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:40 am
check out youtube there are videos everywhere of the refs stupid ass call...... youtubers are not lettin him get away with this one! stupid ass ****
Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:58 am
speakonitgod wrote:check out youtube there are videos everywhere of the refs stupid ass call...... youtubers are not lettin him get away with this one! stupid ass ****

i quote your signature.
during the years i've been getting tired with corrupted soccer in italy, with bikers constantly on drugs and with Formula 1 decided by lawyers...i really really hope to not get tired of this league as well, cause in any serious league bob delaney should be suspended for at least 1 year for costing us a very important win for the playoff race.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:00 am
Man, from what I'm reading in this thread, I'm almost happy I missed this one... I've only seen the highlights and, of course, there's no mention of the refs in them.

Not that I expected anything different.

Other that that, one thing to comment: Lamar Odom has had 43 boards in these two games. We just can't allow that to happen if we expect to win games against the top teams in the league. I'm not saying we lost only because of that, but it just can't happen.

Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:13 am
Not only did the NBA screw the warriors over by suspending capt jack early and putting them in a monster hole and that is the reason why they are in 8th. Now you can see how the nba is just picking on the warriors trying to get them out of the playoffs. Of course it had to happen vs their beloved money making machine the fakers.

Stern was very up set when the warriors beat the mavs last year and this punk coward lowlife didnt hide that in many interviews so stern could give a rats ass if gs does good. Also stern and the rest of the shareholders in the nba could care less about the mavs since they are led by dirk and he is from germany.

The bottom line is this the nba wants to see the lakers in the # 1 seed and make the finals cause it is big money for these superrich bastards. Along the way the nba will cheat all it can and sometimes it will even be obvious. Stern will just shrug his shoulders saying the refs are doing the best they can, stern is not stupid he knows how to cover his tracks. Just look at the last 2 years the lakers were not as good but in the playoffs they got all the calls.
Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:11 am
any chance i can get the 3 hours of my life back from last night? Way to ruin an exciting game.
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads