Game Thread: Warriors @ Los Angeles Lakers 2008-03-23

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors bounce back against the Lakers?

Poll ended at Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:02 pm

YES
72%
NO
28%

Total votes : 18

All Star
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:02 pm
Golden State Warriors (42-26) @ Los Angeles Lakers (48-21)

Start time 6:30 PM PST @ The Staples Center

Probable starters for the Golden State Warriors
ImageImageImageImageImage
PG - Baron Davis
SG - Monta Ellis
SF - Stephen Jackson
PF - Mickael Pietrus
C - Andris Biedrins

Probable starters for the Los Angeles Lakers
ImageImageImageImageImage
PG - Derek Fisher
SG - Kobe Bryant
SF - Vladimir Radmanovic
PF - Lamar Odom
C - Ronny Turiaf

Team leaders this season
PPG - B. Davis (22.1) | K. Bryant (28.2)
RPG - A. Biedrins (9.2) | L. Odom (10.3)
APG - B. Davis (7.9) | K. Bryant (5.3)
SPG - B. Davis (2.4) | K. Bryant (12.0)
BPG - A. Biedrins (1.1) | A. Bynum (2.1)
I've been a Warriors fan since they traded Chris Webber. Can you imagine how that's like....

All Star
Poster Credit: 10
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:06 pm
now we can't lose two in a row, a must win
"i wish i was a little bit taller" skee lo

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:30 pm
Absolutely the 2 most important games for me coming up for s**t talking rights :agrue:
All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:31 pm
I hear Gasol is going to be out until at least April 1st. If this much is true, we need to take advantage of the situation and come out strong. Dubs should be fired up from this loss, but they will also be tired since our starters played the majority of the game against Houston. I got all the faith in the world in the Dubs. Just hope they have enough energy to tough it out for their next back to back. BEAT LA!
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:53 am
I think we really need 1 of 2 from this back-to-back. And I wouldn't be surprised if it came on the road.

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:56 am
Once again BW didn't see any PT on the court against Houston.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:19 am
BWright will not be seeing PT for awhile because of his performance vs. LAC. The lead diminished when he went in, and Nelson is going to use this as an excuse to not play him.

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:27 am
we needa take charge of the tempo and how these next two games go. they are without both gasol and bynum. if we win these laker fans will say "oh gasol and bynum were injured"...if we lose then they have more reason to brag. either way we will lose the bragging battle to their fans...but winning these two games is probably the most important task of the season.

dubs by 7
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:36 pm
EMan32 wrote:we needa take charge of the tempo and how these next two games go. they are without both gasol and bynum. if we win these laker fans will say "oh gasol and bynum were injured"...if we lose then they have more reason to brag. either way we will lose the bragging battle to their fans...but winning these two games is probably the most important task of the season.

dubs by 7

There assholes,they could have jesus himself and if they lose theres always some bs excuse
Go Ham

Rookie
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:38 pm
EMan32 wrote:we needa take charge of the tempo and how these next two games go. they are without both gasol and bynum. if we win these laker fans will say "oh gasol and bynum were injured"...if we lose then they have more reason to brag. either way we will lose the bragging battle to their fans...but winning these two games is probably the most important task of the season.

dubs by 7
Indeed -_-. It's like the whole thing with fighting against a girl... you win, you're a douchebag. You lose, you're a weakling. Sigh, my friends are going to give me excuses if the Warriors win.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:43 pm
If we win both these laker games, I will probably shed a tear....that being said I really would love to see them beat the Lakers at Staples just so they know they can get a win there in case we do meet them in the first round of the playoffs.
I have seen the 49ers win a Superbowl. I have now seen the Giants win a world series. I need one more championship in my lifetime to make my life complete...
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:26 am
GAME DAY
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:53 am
I've missed the last week of Dubs games (of NBA games, actually), so I'm not really sure about the outcome of this one.

Let's say... Dubs by 4 in OT.

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: -3
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:06 am
I would take a 1 game win out of a back to back with the Fakers, but there is no indication that we would play well against a well coached deep squad for two games. 1st. Kobe is the league MVP, part of which is playing hard in every game (something that our team leaders BD and Jackson will never be accused of) 2. Against inferior opponents the Lakers like to run up the score, the Warriors like to coast (throw in jumper, dump no look passes, play solo ball, shoot the low percentage shot) 3. Finally, without their two bigs (Bynum and Gasol) there is no big talent advantage for either team because last time I checked, of the teams in the Western conference 1-9 are all good enough to beat up on each other 4. Finally, the entire Laker squad has played the year with a big chip on their shoulder (the Kobe off-season call out, the Shaq winning a championship, last years playoff failure), the Warrior have coasted for the most part playing well only when needed (dismal no excuse losses to Hornet, Bulls, Timberwolves with a talented Nuggets over .600 team yapping at our heels) A true championship team would stick it to a faltering Rockets squad and an undermanned Faker squad, but I have yet to see that killer instinct in our current squad.

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:16 am
im not gonna get greedy here. i'm hoping the warriors manage winning one of these next two games.

tonight we need to get off to a good start, and not look back. dont see it happening.

lakers 106
warriors 97
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
Next

Return to Game Threads