Game Thread: Houston Rockets @ Warriors 2008-03-21

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will the Warriors extend the Rockets losing streak to three?

Poll ended at Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:56 pm

YES
88%
NO
12%

Total votes : 17

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:30 am
anyone else notice that at the end of quarters whether there's 7, 14 or even 20 seconds left with no shot clock and the warriors have the ball they seem to run the same play....

1. yoyo dribble
2. wait until almost too late to get started
3. take a difficult shot with no time left for a rebound tip-in

this is almost as predictable as the sunrise!

it is costing 2-6 points per game...the difference between winning and losing in many cases.

http://loopy.socialreject.net/everydaypiano.mp3

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: -3
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:14 am
Nellie peaked as a coach during the TMC era, but in the modern day era, with zone defense, gifted bigs that can shoot the mid-range jumper (Webber, Horry, KG, Boozer, Malone) and the new wave of speedsters (Parker, Barbosa, D-Will, CPaul) his disdain for half court sets is getting exposed by the likes of good coaching (Theus, Adelman, Phillip, Pops,Sloan). As long as teams take care of turnovers against the Warriors and control the shot clock, we are extremely beatable. Our team excels at the fast break, but the percentage of opportunities for fast break against elite teams and in the playoffs is limited so why not develop a practice half courts sets the require an actual team. Our half court offense is 1. BD dribbling and taking a jumper, 2. Jackson on a 1-5 drive to the basket, 3. Slip drive with Monta squishing in the lane 4. the occasional, very occasional pick and roll with Biedrins and the very very common drive and kick for the so called open three pointer. Adding insult to injury, with Harrington in Nellie's doghouse and Jackson streak shooting off mark, at seasons end Dunleavy is playing the best of the players of the big trade (47.7% FG, 18.4 PPG, 40.8 on treis) compared to Jackson (41.4%, 20.6, 34.1 on treis). In simplier terms, the Warriors need an uptempo gimic because still don't have a post player, we have very mediocre long range shooters, besides Biedrins and Pietrus all our defenders play with their hands and not their feet and we dumped a lot of servicable players in their prime for a bunch of rookies and cap space.

Rookie
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:09 am
Went to the game last night, sat in the rocking chair seats behind the basket in Section 121 Row 12. It was a tradeoff having temporary seats that aren't that sturdy and no cup holder but give you a lot more knee room than the standard seats in the lower bowl.

As painful as it was to lose it was exciting as hell. Game swayed back and forth, crazy how Pietrus level of play has shot up since he requested to be traded. This is great basketball, emotionally wrenching and full of drama from multiple players on the floor with all five starters getting a t least 15 points each.

All the criticism about Nellie's coaching, rotation, bad shots, clock management, etc. all may be right but I don't care because I haven't had such a good time during a season since Run TMC.

Still Believin'!

All Star
Poster Credit: 10
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:27 am
SFBlue wrote:
All the criticism about Nellie's coaching, rotation, bad shots, clock management, etc. all may be right but I don't care because I haven't had such a good time during a season since Run TMC.

Still Believin'!

way to go, odd as it may sound, i enjoyed this game more than an easy win against clippers

as for the end of the game, i wish they'd called 8 seconds violation, then maybe we'd had a overtime (and in a game like this - dramatical - it's a plus :)
"i wish i was a little bit taller" skee lo
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:31 pm
My God, I've never seen so much flopping from another player not named Ginobili. Scola was falling all over, flopping like a failed reject on American Idol. That kid sucks.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Rookie
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:46 pm
Scola is a ****ing gay, raised by european basketball philosophy ( i live in europe and played 5 years here) which teaches you that when you have no talent you have to flop all the time around the basketball court.
In a 1vs1, he can get owned by 99% of the Nba players.
I really hope Houston is going out of the playoffs on the first turn.

Rookie
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:01 am
Is it me or is it that Nellie keeps Al in when he is sucking, misses and takes bad snots, PLAYS NO D AND LETS GUYS DRIVE PAST HIM IN THE PAINT. We need Brandon Wright to take some of those minutes from Al, Brandon will contest shots, rebound and run the floor.

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:29 pm
warrior worrier wrote:anyone else notice that at the end of quarters whether there's 7, 14 or even 20 seconds left with no shot clock and the warriors have the ball they seem to run the same play....

1. yoyo dribble
2. wait until almost too late to get started
3. take a difficult shot with no time left for a rebound tip-in

this is almost as predictable as the sunrise!

it is costing 2-6 points per game...the difference between winning and losing in many cases.

http://loopy.socialreject.net/everydaypiano.mp3

we only have 2 losses in games decided by 2 points. that play at the end of quarters doesnt worry me at all. it shows our players have confidence in hittting the shot and leaving no time for the opposing team to get off a shot to go in even by luck. of course the only players i trust taking that shot are baron, jax, n monta...but theyll always be in when it counts.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:52 pm
ive never seen so many over rulings against the home team before. anyone else think the intro was sick?
Previous

Return to Game Threads