Game Thread: Warriors @ Sacramento Kings 2008-03-18

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors secure a victory in Sacramento?

Poll ended at Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:59 pm

YES
91%
NO
9%

Total votes : 23

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:55 pm
I'm becoming more and more convinced that the Warriors have no bad losses. They beat teams I don't think they should and they lose to bad teams. They go on winning streaks and bolster their record, then give up a 40-15 quarter and look horrible.

They remind me a bit of the 2002 San Francisco Giants. You guys remember that team? They'd win a series but they'd drop one game 10-2. Then win another series but still lose one of the three 8-0.

Say what you want about bad losses, but take a step back and realize the team is 41-25. We haven't seen anything like this since 93-94 when we won 50. We'll probably win 50 this year as well, and still lose to some really bad teams.

I dunno, just a few thoughts. I'm not surprised by any loss anymore, as I'm not surprised when they beat the Hornets, or the Magic, or the Spurs, or the Suns.
StuckInSoCal
(GSW for life)
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:03 pm
StuckInSoCal wrote:I'm becoming more and more convinced that the Warriors have no bad losses. They beat teams I don't think they should and they lose to bad teams. They go on winning streaks and bolster their record, then give up a 40-15 quarter and look horrible.

They remind me a bit of the 2002 San Francisco Giants. You guys remember that team? They'd win a series but they'd drop one game 10-2. Then win another series but still lose one of the three 8-0.

Say what you want about bad losses, but take a step back and realize the team is 41-25. We haven't seen anything like this since 93-94 when we won 50. We'll probably win 50 this year as well, and still lose to some really bad teams.

I dunno, just a few thoughts. I'm not surprised by any loss anymore, as I'm not surprised when they beat the Hornets, or the Magic, or the Spurs, or the Suns.

That is a fine point, but if they miss the Playoffs you have to look at losses like @ Charlotte, v. Chicago & Minny and tonight @ Sac. I am not discounting anything this team has done so far, but one thing keeping this from being a great team is bad losses (and a serious inside scorer)
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:04 pm
StuckInSoCal wrote:I'm becoming more and more convinced that the Warriors have no bad losses. They beat teams I don't think they should and they lose to bad teams. They go on winning streaks and bolster their record, then give up a 40-15 quarter and look horrible.

It's pretty much inconsistency. This team is young, and because of that, you will see it.

I'm not surprised either. I'm used to it now. This team will always be inconsistent because they are still growing. That's the bad thing about being young. It has it's pros and cons, and once you get used to them, you're not really surprised by nearly anything they do unless it's nothing you've never seen before.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:33 pm
See below...
Last edited by loyaltyisacurse on Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This season is not a flop.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:35 pm

In any other season, this would not be a big deal, but the W's have to bring it every single game...When they have a match up vs. bad teams they have to win.

The W's play 10 of their final 15 games vs. teams with .600+ winning pct. The difference between #1 and out of the playoffs is around 4 games, so you have to put the bad teams away to give you cushion incase you lose 2-4 in a row vs. the great teams in the West.

You have to look at the W's record vs. the top 9 teams in the West to see that winning 50 is going to be very hard if they are 41 and 26 (if they somehow find a way to lose to LAC) going into those last 15...

W's absolutely must beat POR, LAC, MEM, SAC, & SEA during the final 15. and must win 5-10 vs. the rest. If they have a hiccup vs. the poor teams from here on out, it will force the team to win 7 to 8 of those 10 vs. the top teams to get in.

Warriors are a combined 9-10 vs. SA, HOU, LAL, DEN, UTH, DAL, PHO, NOR.
All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:38 pm
great informative posts guys..... :D
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:48 pm
I also want to point out other stats:

The Warriors are 3-6 vs. the top 9 teams on the road. Of the remaining 10 games vs. those teams the Warrios play 6 of them on the road.

At Home, The Warriors are 6-4 vs. the same teams.

Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:58 pm
I was at the game tonight. 4 rows up, center court. While it's nice to make a mere 20 minute trip from here in Davis (I drive nearly a total of three hours back and fourth to Oracle; EVERY game and I mean EVERY), Arco Arena is a real shithole. From the outside it looks more like like a business building, the parking lots are reminiscent of your local community college, the main concourse reminds me of a rundown mall, and the court is a bigger version of my high school gym.

Terrible game of course, although the W's fans got loud during that shortlived rally. It was just embarrassing to be there. Told plenty of Sactown folks to enjoy the lottery. Coincidentally, where I sat there was a block of at least 6 rows of Warriors' fans. Anybody notice what looked like a tattoo on the back of Monta's forearm? Could have explained his crappy performance.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:06 pm
loyaltyisacurse wrote:

In any other season, this would not be a big deal, but the W's have to bring it every single game...When they have a match up vs. bad teams they have to win.

The W's play 10 of their final 15 games vs. teams with .600+ winning pct. The difference between #1 and out of the playoffs is around 4 games, so you have to put the bad teams away to give you cushion incase you lose 2-4 in a row vs. the great teams in the West.

You have to look at the W's record vs. the top 9 teams in the West to see that winning 50 is going to be very hard if they are 41 and 26 (if they somehow find a way to lose to LAC) going into those last 15...

W's absolutely must beat POR, LAC, MEM, SAC, & SEA during the final 15. and must win 5-10 vs. the rest. If they have a hiccup vs. the poor teams from here on out, it will force the team to win 7 to 8 of those 10 vs. the top teams to get in.

nice job w/ the numbers loyalty...this loss tonight should not have happened, we could have gained ground on Dallas as well :banghead:
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:12 am
Ohh man.................and I left this one in all your safe hands! :wink:

Right, Im not going to bed early anymore, Im atleast staying up to watch some of the game thats on if I cant make the whole thing.

The only positive thing about this game, was in this game thread, J-Rich got his ass handed to him on a plate and then shut the f**k up...............how it should be.

Ohh, cant wait for all the Nellie bashing now, fun fun fun.

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:15 am
loyaltyisacurse wrote:

I agree Loyalty, but this team isn't going to beat every bad team every night. Not until they get a chip on their shoulder and start playing for pride (and with some defensive intensity), like last year when they killed it the last month of the season and made the playoffs.

I was chatting with my buddy about a month back and we both came to the conclusion that this team doesn't appear to show up with their A game against bad opponents. When they see a depleted Bulls, or a horrible Bobcats team, they don't see the blood in the water.

And I would say that 9-10 against SA, HOU, LAL, DEN, UTH, DAL, PHO and NOR is pretty damn solid. Most of those teams are better than the Dubs, no question. GSW can beat them on any given night, but with the exception or Denver and Houston, we're just not there yet.

In the end, I'm not sure we can look at a schedule and start picking out wins and losses. Call the Dubs inconsistent, or even unpredictable. You're not far off, and I doubt that's going to change this season until, like I said above, the Dubs start playing with a chip on their shoulder.
StuckInSoCal
(GSW for life)
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:59 am
bigstrads wrote:Ohh man.................and I left this one in all your safe hands! :wink:

Right, Im not going to bed early anymore, Im atleast staying up to watch some of the game thats on if I cant make the whole thing.

The only positive thing about this game, was in this game thread, J-Rich got his ass handed to him on a plate and then shut the f**k up...............how it should be.

Ohh, cant wait for all the Nellie bashing now, fun fun fun.

yeah come on bigs we needed your support!What happened?
Go Ham
Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:09 am
I don't buy the young team theory. We lost because of Baron's lack of energy after the substitution. Our whole team got stagnant and lazy on offense after he came back. At 29, he moved like a piece of concrete compared to Nash at 34.

But... he got us the Boston and Phoenix wins. So I think Nelson is going to live and die with Baron no matter what.

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:30 am
silvergga wrote:I don't buy the young team theory. We lost because of Baron's lack of energy after the substitution. Our whole team got stagnant and lazy on offense after he came back. At 29, he moved like a piece of concrete compared to Nash at 34.

But... he got us the Boston and Phoenix wins. So I think Nelson is going to live and die with Baron no matter what.

Well, yeah, we're living and dying with Baron at this point. He has to be the man or all hell will break loose in that lockerroom. He's our top player and the best player on the team. He doesn't always show up with his A Game, but he's the first star we've had since Tim Hardaway was traded.

I dunno, this team isn't perfect, the system isn't perfect, and not everyone is happy with who is playing and who is not. But we've also got a legit shot at winning 50+ this year, the best we've done since I was a sophomore in high school. I'm now 30 and married!
StuckInSoCal
(GSW for life)
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:04 pm
I was at arco last night for this game....all I have to say is kings fans are dicks. I understand I was in their home, but during our comeback attempt in the fourth I was jumping up and down and cheering on the Dubz. Nothing derogatory against the queens, but only cheering the warriors. As I stood up some old ass man grabs my shirt from behind and yanks me down! I was like "What the ****" about to sock somebody for touching me, but i realized it was an old ass man. He told me I had to stay seated so they could see, I was like "dude its a basketball game, thats what you do at one" If it weren't for these 2 hot beezy's (kings fans) behind me who rationally clamed me down, i may have ended up in jail last night....lol
I have seen the 49ers win a Superbowl. I have now seen the Giants win a world series. I need one more championship in my lifetime to make my life complete...
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads