Game Thread: Warriors @ Phoenix Suns 2008-03-13

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will the Warriors have enough gas to take the season series against the Suns?

Poll ended at Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:48 pm

YES
95%
NO
5%

Total votes : 19

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:54 pm
J-Rich, your continual negative comments are certainly tiring... there is no doubt that you are the type of fan that gets more pleasure from seeing the team lose then pick them apart than you do watching them win.

And while it IS tiring, the board gives a voice to different kinds of fans... including you... however my patience is growing REALLY thin around you throwing around insults. Whether it be vulgar insults directed at players or more importantly, insults directed at other member, it needs to STOP.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:20 am
Baron had a great game overall. We needed more from Jack and Biedrins tonight. I counted at least 5-6 missed layups from a bunch of different people in the first half that would have made up the difference tonight. Shots just were not falling, but they played pretty damn good.
One to learn from.... I wished the would have stolen this one!!
Last edited by Money on Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:21 am
edit: there's in echo in here... :mrgreen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless
All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:10 am
On a lighter note.......I feel awful bad for the Grizzlies Image
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:58 am
badabing8888 wrote:J-Rich, your continual negative comments are certainly tiring... there is no doubt that you are the type of fan that gets more pleasure from seeing the team lose then pick them apart than you do watching them win.

And while it IS tiring, the board gives a voice to different kinds of fans... including you... however my patience is growing REALLY thin around you throwing around insults. Whether it be vulgar insults directed at players or more importantly, insults directed at other member, it needs to STOP.

Exactly. J-Rich, you've been warned before. We're not going to tell what or how you have to post, but you can't insult other members. You've already been warned, so if this keeps happening, we'll have to ban you from this board.

As for the game... a shame we had no answer for Amare. Wright, maybe?. This is one of those games that was claiming to change things that weren't working... and we still didn't.

Whatever. Now we have several games to recover from this loss... Bring on the Grizz!!!

Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:07 am
J-Rich wrote:Who is this mattrrii character he is like the mosquito biting my arseee....Where is your lovely knowledge about the game...I haven't heard from you all season did you just come out the dung pile???

blah, blah, blah...

Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:36 am
I actually think last night wasn't that bad of a loss, given:

* Playing two nights straight (one home and one road)

* When Nash is hitting threes like he did in the 2nd half you're not going to get much a chance with the W's style.

* They kept it close (If Jacks had hit the three to bring it to within 4 points they might of won)

* The refs favored the W's in the first half (cry baby Suns got three Ts). The refs favored the Suns in the 2nd half and last year you would of seen the Ws act like the Suns did in the first half but they didn't. I was impressed as hell with that.

* For some strange reason the W's need losses to inspire a few good wins (fact that they have only loss 2 in a row twice this entire year). This bodes well for the string of tough games in the omming weeks.

Oh BTW, was it me or was Barkley having a hard time just trying to speak (sounded like wheezing). Magic Johnson sucks as a commentator, get an opinion and a personailty dude (still can't beleive he had his own talk show).

Peace

Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:16 pm
SFBlue wrote:I actually think last night wasn't that bad of a loss, given:

* Playing two nights straight (one home and one road)

* When Nash is hitting threes like he did in the 2nd half you're not going to get much a chance with the W's style.

* They kept it close (If Jacks had hit the three to bring it to within 4 points they might of won)

* The refs favored the W's in the first half (cry baby Suns got three Ts). The refs favored the Suns in the 2nd half and last year you would of seen the Ws act like the Suns did in the first half but they didn't. I was impressed as hell with that.

* For some strange reason the W's need losses to inspire a few good wins (fact that they have only loss 2 in a row twice this entire year). This bodes well for the string of tough games in the omming weeks.

Oh BTW, was it me or was Barkley having a hard time just trying to speak (sounded like wheezing). Magic Johnson sucks as a commentator, get an opinion and a personailty dude (still can't beleive he had his own talk show).

Peace

ehh, charles barkley just tries to avoid talking about the warriors as much as possible after they embarassed him last year. he's also ridiculously out of shape, so maybe he has asthma. but ya, it's really annoying that he'll never say anything good about the W's, but whatever. have fun with the crappy t mobile commericals chuck

Fact: Brighton, England is awesome
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:14 pm
This was probably the first game in a long time that I didn't get pissed over the fact we loss. I guess it's because we're still two games ahead of Denver.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Role Player
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:40 pm
lol @ Charles Barkley...

"They (Dubs) aren't a playoff contender. They just run and shoot."

That fat bastard.
http://www.emceet.com | http://www.myspace.com/emceet | good times & bad, go warriors. | @emceet
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:43 pm
EmceeT wrote:lol @ Charles Barkley...

"They (Dubs) aren't a playoff contender. They just run and shoot."

I'd also be pissed at any run&gun team knowing that I wasn't able to do any of those... :mrgreen:

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: -3
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:45 pm
Sure, our run and gun is not suited for the playoffs, but there will be one team out of the playoffs (that really deserves to be in it) and four good to great teams to be knocked out in the first round. We have not given up on our young stars (except Dunleavy ya right) and we didn't get desperate like Phoenix and Dallas that got really old fast. Besides the Lakers who got the biggest one sided trade in NBA history, and the Spurs the returning champs who are vulnerable, the remaining 7 are all good teams with certain flaws. We are over-reacting to a tough loss to the Suns, but we have a lot season left to show our skills.

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:22 pm
Bigstrads started this why don't you give him a warning...Why don't you read his comments first...Like I said exactly before the W's won't be winning games when you have your two top players miss critial FT's down the stretch...That was three missed FT's by Ellis and BD...

And Bigstrad made the first comment so I just backed myself up...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:05 am
J-Rich wrote:Bigstrads started this why don't you give him a warning...Why don't you read his comments first...Like I said exactly before the W's won't be winning games when you have your two top players miss critial FT's down the stretch...That was three missed FT's by Ellis and BD...

Bigs is not the one taking it to a personal level. His posts were not the ones that had to be edited. If you don't like people disagreeing with you, don't post.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:18 am
J-Rich wrote:Bigstrads started this why don't you give him a warning...Why don't you read his comments first...Like I said exactly before the W's won't be winning games when you have your two top players miss critial FT's down the stretch...That was three missed FT's by Ellis and BD...

Wait wait wait a minute...............I made a JOKE! about how you said Phil Collins instead of Doug Collins............then you started off with your personal stuff to players and board members.

My swearing at first was directed at the fact that we were losing it...............then at you and dareedle for being the usual quitters and haters that only post on here when things are wrong................why do you do this? maybe because you want to feel self important enough to come and post the obvious and pretend that you have some sort of foresight =

Biedrins gets dunked on = "AB sucks big fat c**k"

FT's are missed = "Baron makes me look good!"

Team is down by 9 in the 3rd Qtr = "Ohh there done, there crap blah blah blah"

So what, we can all see whats going on, we can all see why we are losing.................we dont need people like you to come on and post like your seeing something we are not, especially when you do it in the way you always do it, in an insulting way...............plus, as soon as someone highlights it, you turn on them and make things personal vs those people like me and Sf just pointing out the facts about your posts.

Finally, saying stuff like "sf, go and do your homework".........is not going to make me very happy, and I will tell you about it in my protective way.

I was reacting to you, simple as that.
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads