Game Thread: Warriors @ Phoenix Suns 2008-03-13

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will the Warriors have enough gas to take the season series against the Suns?

Poll ended at Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:48 pm

YES
95%
NO
5%

Total votes : 19

All Star
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:48 pm
Golden State Warriors (40-23) @ Phoenix Suns (42-22)

Start time 7:30 PM PST @ The US Airways Center

Probable starters for the Golden State Warriors
ImageImageImageImageImage
PG - Baron Davis
SG - Monta Ellis
SF - Stephen Jackson
PF - Mickael Pietrus
C - Andris Biedrins

Probable starters for the Phoenix Suns
ImageImageImageImageImage
PG - Steve Nash
SG - Raja Bell
SF - Grant Hill
PF - Amare Stoudemire
C - Shaquille O'Neal

Team leaders this season
PPG - B. Davis (22.0) | A. Stoudemire (24.0)
RPG - A. Biedrins (9.4) | S. O'Neal (11.0)
APG - B. Davis (7.9) | S. Nash (11.4)
SPG - B. Davis (2.4) | L. Barbosa (1.0)
BPG - A. Biedrins (1.2) | A. Stoudemire (2.2)
I've been a Warriors fan since they traded Chris Webber. Can you imagine how that's like....

All Star
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:49 pm
This might be a game where Nelson might consider starting Wright.
I've been a Warriors fan since they traded Chris Webber. Can you imagine how that's like....
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:52 pm
krome wrote:This might be a game where Nelson might consider starting Wright.

Yeah, might see a lineup of Baron, Monta, Jackson, Pietrus, Wright.

Anyways, get ready to run. Should be a good game, and should be exciting as hell. I am trying to get all my homework done tonight so I have time to watch it tomorrow night. Cant wait. :mrgreen:
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:21 pm
I can't wait for tomorrow's game! We all know how Baron performs when he knows everyone is watching lol. Nationally televised games are my favorite, really. You can tell everyone wants to do their very very best. I hope they play Shaq.. I wanna see how long he can last running against a real fast paced team. Yea the Suns are fast, but not fast like us. Dubs by 7.

^thats baron jax n monta after tha win tomorrow lol
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:03 am
This is a winnable game for the Warriors, it won't be easy, but it can (and will) get done. If Baron can have another 15-1 Ast/TO ratio night again, the Warriors will be off and running. Amare and Nash will have their way, but we need to tire out the Diesel and get him to turn the ball over a ton! Then let Baron and Monta go off to the races. This one should be fun

I have to admit, I am extremely glad that Shawn Marion is no longer on this team.

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:16 am
warriors by 14 in a game that goes back and forth and ends with a warrior run sparked by a jackson 3 with 5 left in the 4th. :mrgreen:
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:06 am
Eh... this is gonna be an interesting game. We'll see what the new Suns can do against a team that played faster than the old Suns did...

I'm confident we're gonna take this one. Shaq will be out of fuel by the 3rd quarter and we take this by 10.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:05 am
Ive said if before and Ill say it again................HUGE!!! game.............given that the Fakers are going to get that 1st spot, and we need to move up to avoid them.

We need to bring the 3's back and run this old ass "running" team off the floor...............Im saying screw it and staying up to watch this one!

Also, I am so praying that Kobe does something more to his finger............I know its horrible.................but its Kobe!...............I think S-Jax should guard him tough and get lots of cheeky slaps on his finger when we play them twice. :evil: :evil: :evil:

All Star
Poster Credit: 10
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:36 am
i'm joining the waiting line for this one. still have whiskey left from yesterday. i know suns will try to win this one more, because of shaq and because we are so close... and so many more becauses. so, it should be a good one. Go Ws!!
"i wish i was a little bit taller" skee lo

Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:32 am
Easily the biggest game of the year. A must if we're going to jump over the Suns. This one will go a long way in defining an upcoming playoff run. Because of last night's game, Nellie is going to have to use the bench wisely so has to have some fresh legs in the 4th quarter. This game should be very entertaining.
Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:15 am
Definitely the biggest game of the year. Not only can we pick up a game against the Suns but it determines the tie breaker so it almost counts double with them. If we want to move up and try to finish around 5 or 6 and not the 8th seed this is a game we need to win.

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:45 am
buckle up and make some popcorn..i am gonna put an ice chest next to the couch dont want to miss a second of it.....dubs by 6
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot

Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:14 am
I always love it when the Warriors, Lakers, & Suns play each other. From all the games remaining this season, I've been looking forward most to this & the double header against the Lakers in like a week.
All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:26 pm
If they play Shaq and try to run a half court game I don't want to hear ANY announcers talk about how they are a running team. If you can't run against the Dubs you are not a running team, simple and plain.

Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:36 pm
too much confidence, guys. this is definitely not easy, nor it is the most important game of the year. it is not going to be easy to climb up in the ranking - i say the 8th spot would be good come playoff time. and to get that 8th spot, we have to win the two remaining denver games, those are the crucial step to making the post-season

this said, tonight warriors by 20 ..........................
Next

Return to Game Threads