Game Thread: Toronto Raptors @ Warriors 2008-03-12

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors continue their success at home against the Raptors?

Poll ended at Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:30 pm

YES
97%
NO
3%

Total votes : 29

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:28 pm
can they stop fouling already?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:42 pm
CAPTAIN JACK... [DENZEL]MY MAN!!![/DENZEL]

All Star
Poster Credit: 10
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:43 pm
well, we have this, though it seemed it'll come easier, but you know, it's the warriors...:)
"i wish i was a little bit taller" skee lo
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:47 pm
B.D
15 assists 0 turnovers

WOW
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:49 pm
20-10 against the east!!! not bad!!!!
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:51 pm
Mr.KC wrote:B.D
15 assists 0 turnovers

WOW

He turned it over the very end of the game. :mrgreen:

Great win. I love the way they played. I love that they took the lead early, but it seemed like they stopped playing. Get ready for Phoenix, and get ready to run. :wink:
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:59 pm
Awesome win. Sometimes it's easy to forget how much work Davis is doing when someone like Monta scores 33 points, until you see his Assists.

sfsfsfgiants wrote: Get ready for Phoenix, and get ready to run. :wink:

Get ready for us to run, while Phoenix slows down for Shaq. :wink:
This is my incredibly intelligent signature line. Clever eh?

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:02 pm
Good win, but it woulda been nice to get it more easily. Oh well, as someone already said, that's the Ws.

Needed the win to keep pace with everyone in the West!

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:46 pm
can someone tell me where the F*** wright was in this game? damon bruce made a good point on the post game show on knbr. there is no reason why he should be getting DNP's. if the warriors want to make an impact and go deep in the playoffs, they need to start grooming wright. if not this year, for next year, i mean, what if nelson stays and this sh*t happens next year? as damon said, he can throw wrights career off course a bit.

by the way, nice win. i just wish that nellie would get over that rookie hating, because if a guy can play, he can play.
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:56 pm
ceddy wrote:can someone tell me where the F*** wright was in this game? damon bruce made a good point on the post game show on knbr. there is no reason why he should be getting DNP's. if the warriors want to make an impact and go deep in the playoffs, they need to start grooming wright. if not this year, for next year, i mean, what if nelson stays and this sh*t happens next year? as damon said, he can throw wrights career off course a bit.

by the way, nice win. i just wish that nellie would get over that rookie hating, because if a guy can play, he can play.

imo its better to concentrate on the W than the wright?
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:06 pm
JOEL wrote:
ceddy wrote:can someone tell me where the F*** wright was in this game? damon bruce made a good point on the post game show on knbr. there is no reason why he should be getting DNP's. if the warriors want to make an impact and go deep in the playoffs, they need to start grooming wright. if not this year, for next year, i mean, what if nelson stays and this sh*t happens next year? as damon said, he can throw wrights career off course a bit.

imo its better to concentrate on the W than the wright?

hey, damon brought it up not me. and i dont think he's out of line to bring it up. its true. wright can help a lot right now, in an area that we lack depth. still he rots on the bench. :bs:
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:52 pm
MP2 (Pietrus) was the silent & underappreciated MVP.

7-14 (14 points), +12, 8 Rebounds, 2 Assists, 1 Steal... and most importantly:

NO TURN OVERS!!!

I think at this point in the season, its safe to say that we NEED Pietrus to succeed... sure, he was struggling in the beginning of the year, but no one, not even the people on this board can say "this is just one lucky game"; he is proving his worth to the team.

BTW: I already purchased a Pietrus jersey and I'll be down in LA for the LAC game in a week sporting the jersey w/ an AIR FRANCE sign.

FYI: MP's first dunk was NASTY (in a good way)!!! As far as being selfish, even Jim Barnett said at one point (not the exact quote), "Instead of passing... he (Pietrus) should take more shots." IMO, because of the haters, he passes up opportunities to shoot, to pass...
http://www.emceet.com | http://www.myspace.com/emceet | good times & bad, go warriors. | @emceet
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:59 pm
Good win for the Warriors, nice to see those slow starts are happening less frequently. It was a little upsetting to see a 20 pt lead dissolve, but give credit to Toronto, especially Ford, Parker and Calderon....they clawed back into this one. But of course the Dubs pulled away with those trademark 4th qtr stops.

I couldn't help but think as I was watching tonight, worried that the Warriors were going to give this one away, the Raptors played this game the way the Warriors have played a lot this year. Get down big, slowly get back into things, take your 1st lead of the game late and nail down the win. The Raptors played that role tonight...well of course, except for getting the win :wink:

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:28 am
EmceeT wrote:MP2 (Pietrus) was the silent & underappreciated MVP.

7-14 (14 points), +12, 8 Rebounds, 2 Assists, 1 Steal... and most importantly:

NO TURN OVERS!!!

I think at this point in the season, its safe to say that we NEED Pietrus to succeed... sure, he was struggling in the beginning of the year, but no one, not even the people on this board can say "this is just one lucky game"; he is proving his worth to the team.

BTW: I already purchased a Pietrus jersey and I'll be down in LA for the LAC game in a week sporting the jersey w/ an AIR FRANCE sign.

FYI: MP's first dunk was NASTY (in a good way)!!! As far as being selfish, even Jim Barnett said at one point (not the exact quote), "Instead of passing... he (Pietrus) should take more shots." IMO, because of the haters, he passes up opportunities to shoot, to pass...

MVP??? no way. he was big in this win yeah...he's been big for us lately ad im lovin it. since his recent pick up in his game ive been giving him his props. that fact that i picked him up in a couple fantasy leagues says a lot...he has definitely been important on our team and has bee WAY more productive than barnes (whom i still believe is relaceable as i mentioned this past summer). barnes has been counterproductive actually...especially for someone who this past summer said that he wants to prove that he was worth the MLE and longer than 1 year. but by no means was pietrus MVP of this game. if he was, he wouldnt have gotten fouled out so that he could stay in the game.

that said, allow me to rephrase one of your lines.... we need pietrus TO PLAY WELL to HELP US succeed. we can certainly succeed without him.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:03 am
Good win, although it was a bit too close, considering that Toronto was without Bosh and, without him, they are an offensively challenged team. Another big game by Monta, proving once again how much he means to the this team. Another big game by Baron and good games by MP and Jax.

Doen't seem like Beans is up to speed yet, but no biggie. He still has ample time to recover.

Finally, why the f*ck Wright stayed in the bench for the whole game?. I mean, he can contribute when Beans and Webber are out and now, all of a sudden, he cannot even play 10 minutes?
Last edited by TMC on Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads