Game Thread: Warriors @ Orlando Magic 2008-03-08

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors finish this road trip with a win?

Poll ended at Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:53 pm

YES
76%
NO
24%

Total votes : 17

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:26 pm
Nice win! I hope the mavs and the nuggets lose tonight.

GO DUCKS!
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:33 pm
bigstrads wrote:Im a real good lip reader (due to the fact that I was born 70% deaf but was talking normally by the age of 2.........due to naturally learning to lip read and putting it all together.........they said I was a miracle and then fixed my ears)

That is kind of interesting. I am really badly hearing impaired, as well. I wear hearing aids during school and when I need to hear things. Like 30% hearing in my left ear. Not much better in my right. I have had to learn how to read lips, as well. Use that in combination with hearing what I can, and I do fine. :wink:
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:34 pm
Amazing win....that's the team that made the run last year, playing fantastic defense.

But they also had great mental focus....there were at least 9 points taken away from them by the refs - the non goaltending call in the first half, the 3 by Jackson taken away because of supposed shot clock violation, the 2 points by Al on the bogus charge call, and the noncall when Baron was fouled on the drive in the 4th quarter.

Harrington and Pietrus came up big tonight - Harrington helped out and played great defense on Howard when Biedrins was in foul trouble in the second half. Just a great game.
All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:35 pm
This was such a huge game for us..............

All Star
Poster Credit: 10
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:36 pm
martin wrote:we'll take it, ''cause i'll be around watching it, if we lose, then i'll start seriously doubting if i have any extra-terrestrial powers :mrgreen:

i told you, guys, why you do think we drink that much in lithuania?
ok, i tell you, to have a better connection with god and other stuff that rewards us with extra-terrestrial powers :mrgreen: Image
"i wish i was a little bit taller" skee lo
Rookie
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:38 pm
Only 7 points from Howard in the second half! :shock:

Big win tonight, come on Nets (not looking good) and Jazz! (only against Nuggets of course :) )

Rookie
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:40 pm
biggest win of the year. Watch out utah, houston, phoenix and dallas...

guys, being a fan I say 4th seed is up for grab (1.5 games behind), being realistic I say we can get to the 7th only if houston starts falling - dallas and phoenix are going to rise back. Anyway, great great win. Next week's phoenix game is huge...
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:40 pm
Im really happy with this win

im hoping N.J beats Dallas tonight
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:41 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
bigstrads wrote:Im a real good lip reader (due to the fact that I was born 70% deaf but was talking normally by the age of 2.........due to naturally learning to lip read and putting it all together.........they said I was a miracle and then fixed my ears)

That is kind of interesting. I am really badly hearing impaired, as well. I wear hearing aids during school and when I need to hear things. Like 30% hearing in my left ear. Not much better in my right. I have had to learn how to read lips, as well. Use that in combination with hearing what I can, and I do fine. :wink:

Dude............thats really rough, I was lucky really, my problem was just that I had excess bone growth in my ears and deformed ear drums.............but they didnt discover it until I was 4 as I had adapted so naturally well, and was talking normally and so early.

I ended up having an op to remove the bone and implant what we call "Gromits" (no idea whether you have that term or what it would be over there) and now Im absolutely fine..........plus the ability to still lip read.

Thanks for sharing that man, props to you for that.............the body and mind has an amazing capacity to adapt, keep on keeping on, your a real smart guy and will go very far in this world with the way you think and handle yourself.
Rookie
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:43 pm
I absolutely love games like these. When we play defense and force the other team into tough shots we are nearly unbeatable. That leads to missed shots, which leads to rebounds, which leads to fast break points. Also it's not just fast break points its points in which the other team can't set their defense up the way they would if it was off of a made basket.

Maybe one the better wins of the year, doesn't totally make up for the Charlotte game but it makes it feel a little bit better. Really juiced over this win!!! Gotta admit I am one of the bigger Pietrus haters but he was huge on the glass tonight
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:44 pm
Go Utah. I have a feeling Dallas will reel off some 8-9 wins in a row and Houston looks better than ever. Hold on to that eight spot guys.

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:50 pm
JOEL wrote:igotta think al will be helping the big three ( who will all do well)
Monta had a slow start last night and will correct that
Davis is rested and his shot is falling in
Jackson has been on fire with his three
Al came off the bench and his shot was falling

magic had back to back on tues/wed they will be rested

im going with the ROAD WARRIORS by 6

wanted to thank all on this board that say we believe LOL

monta got to a good start then got shut down
davis was rested and showed it
not many three's for jack and al but both spent alot of energy on D
like it or not MP 11 boards 9 pnts
I believe
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:53 pm
looks like dallas is gonna win

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:53 pm
i got money on the Hornets for the win. Hopefully Chandler is the difference in this one, and can knock the hornets down a bit.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:00 pm
bigstrads wrote:Dude............thats really rough, I was lucky really, my problem was just that I had excess bone growth in my ears and deformed ear drums.............but they didnt discover it until I was 4 as I had adapted so naturally well, and was talking normally and so early.

Dont want to get way off topic from the game, but just thought I would say my thing. My stirrup is all deformed and sh*t. The funny thing is that it is the smallest bone in your body, but a deformity in it will cause massive problems, like mine. I have to go to those damn hearing tests like every month and it is getting worse. They think that I will go completly deaf in a matter of ten years. I know that I need to start learning some sign language now, but I cant bring myself to it.

By the way, I did get your chat invite on Xbox, but I cant talk right now.
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads