Game Thread: Warriors @ Atlanta Hawks 2008-03-04

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will Atlanta extend their streak against the Warriors to five?

Poll ended at Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:21 pm

YES
9%
NO
91%

Total votes : 32

All Star
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:21 pm
Golden State Warriors (36-22) @ Atlanta Hawks (24-33)

Start time 4:00 PM PST @ The Philips Arena

Probable starters for the Golden State Warriors
ImageImageImageImageImage
PG - Baron Davis
SG - Monta Ellis
SF - Stephen Jackson
PF - Brandan Wright
C - Chris Webber

Probable starters for the Atlanta Hawks
ImageImageImageImageImage
PG - Mike Bibby
SG - Joe Johnson
SF - Marvin Williams
PF - Josh Smith
C - Al Horford

Team leaders this season
PPG - B. Davis (21.7) | J. Johnson (20.5)
RPG - A. Biedrins (9.7) | A. Horford (10.0)
APG - B. Davis (8.1) | M. Bibby (7.0)
SPG - B. Davis (2.5) | J. Smith (1.8)
BPG - A. Biedrins (1.2) | J. Smith (3.1)
I've been a Warriors fan since they traded Chris Webber. Can you imagine how that's like....
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:25 pm
Krome, you gotta stop asking the trick questions, bro. I almost said "yes" for the second straight game. :wink:

Warriors, with confidence, by 10.
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:45 pm
This should be an easy win for the Warriors - they are playing well, and Atlanta is not. Hopefully the Ws get off to a quick start and get ahead early, and a lot of the bench guys contribute again to keep everyone fresh for the tough week ahead.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:52 pm
hoopitup wrote:This should be an easy win for the Warriors - they are playing well, and Atlanta is not. Hopefully the Ws get off to a quick start and get ahead early, and a lot of the bench guys contribute again to keep everyone fresh for the tough week ahead.

:-s

easy??? you know something the rest of us don't know???

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:09 pm
aletha33 wrote:
hoopitup wrote:This should be an easy win for the Warriors - they are playing well, and Atlanta is not. Hopefully the Ws get off to a quick start and get ahead early, and a lot of the bench guys contribute again to keep everyone fresh for the tough week ahead.

:-s

easy??? you know something the rest of us don't know???

Yeah - Atlanta has gone 3-7 in their last 10, and the only quality team that they beat in that stretch was Golden State. The Ws were without Jackson in the last game, and Harrington was awful. Everyone is playing better now for Golden State (except maybe Baron), and the team seems to be more focused as well. They have now had two games in a row with good starts in the first quarter, and the main reason they lost to Atlanta was the horrible start that they had. Other than the first quarter, Golden State outplayed and outscored Atlanta last time as well.

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:51 pm
hoopitup wrote:Yeah - Atlanta has gone 3-7 in their last 10, and the only quality team that they beat in that stretch was Golden State. The Ws were without Jackson in the last game, and Harrington was awful. Everyone is playing better now for Golden State (except maybe Baron), and the team seems to be more focused as well. They have now had two games in a row with good starts in the first quarter, and the main reason they lost to Atlanta was the horrible start that they had. Other than the first quarter, Golden State outplayed and outscored Atlanta last time as well.

those three in their last 10 games also happen to be 3 in their last 5...6 including todays loss to boston. not that i think the hawks will beat us this team, but i really dont think this is gonna be as easy as you make it out to be. we've lost the last 4 meetings against atlanta and i dont see them making this meeting any easier. it will be better having jackson for this one tho to contain whichever wingman is having a good night. wright had a good game against them last time too.

that said, warriors by 7 in a good game....but by no means will it be easy
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:13 am
sfsfsfgiants wrote:Krome, you gotta stop asking the trick questions, bro. I almost said "yes" for the second straight game. :wink:

Me too...

Dubs by 6. I think (at least, hope) that they'll try to get some payback from the game we lost at the Oracle against the Hawks. But it won't be easy...
All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:24 am
This is the one game I can say we will definitely SMASH on the competition. Atlanta came up in our house and handled business. We haven't forgot about that, and we are going to make them pay at home. I know you guys haven't forgot that New Orleans game we played at their house. That was payback. Can't wait for this game. Warriors by 20+

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:33 am
sunday barnes had solid defense the t was a joke
mp played ok
davis rested to start the 4th
jack is on a 3 atack
harrington and ellis will always contribute
B.all WRIGHT should get extended minutes with webbers knee issue
austin (aka pastie) will help take up webbers time

nugets have a hella hard next few games
warriors by 8
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:12 pm
I'm going to go out on a limb here..

W's jump out to a 20 point lead in the first half, and end up winning by 10.
Hawks will be kept under 100 pts. Wright gets 20mins and 18pts. Big game from our bench and starters.

I couldn't have drempt it better... :mrgreen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:19 pm
This should be another payback game, like yesterday vs. the Jailblazers. THe Dubs have played very well on the road this year, and need to avenge that loss at home against the Hawks (and as krome mentioned they have a nice winning streak against us!). I really hope Jackattack is right that we get to see more of Brandan, like 25 min. or so.

Anybody know when Biedrins is due back? I haven't really heard anything...but I love the idea of BWright and Andris side by side!
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:22 pm
hoopitup wrote:This should be an easy win for the Warriors...
Nothing is easy when you have had the kind of season and games the Warriors have. But I agree it should be easy but most of us thought that about the last Hawks game. But it is different circumstances B.Wright is playing well, Ellis continues to leave everyone in aw, Sjacks looks to of found his stroke, and we are getting excellent contributions from our bench. Warriors 10+.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:28 pm
sleandres wrote: I haven't really heard anything...but I love the idea of BWright and Andris side by side!

As they said on the telecast, he will travel with the team for the roadtrip, but is not expected to suit up until they come back home. He is still a week or so away. Surgeries are always wierd.
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:40 pm
They've had our number recently (4 in a row).

I think this game will be close.

We're going to have some issues in the post. Janny Hu is speculating that Dre might not make the roadtrip. ACK.

With Webb hurt (ok, against ATL, that should be ok) and Dre gone, we're going to be seeing a lot of Cro and BWeezy.

Maybe even a Cheesecakes signing since Kosta Coast is in the DLeague.
23 hours of my day are spent wondering what to do with my hour of spare time...
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:45 am
God help us, can we PLEASE not start Webber? Harrington or Croshere? Jim Barnett? Anybody but Webber...I think they can take this one...Monta gets 35 and the Ws by 7. Oh, and Clinton beats Obama in Ohio by 6 but Obama takes Texas by 2...
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Next

Return to Game Threads