Game Thread: Phoenix Suns @ Warriors 2008-02-13

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will Shaq make his apperance as a members of the Suns against the Warriors?

Poll ended at Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:00 pm

YES
10
43%
NO
13
57%
 
Total votes : 23


All Star
Posts: 2035
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:33 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:28 pm
This is a forum! I could say anything that I want...These are personal attacks I have insulted anyone in awhile... If that's the case...Then I will go back to the old Jedi ways!!!
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:06 am
J-Rich wrote:This is a forum! I could say anything that I want...These are personal attacks I have insulted anyone in awhile... If that's the case...Then I will go back to the old Jedi ways!!!


You are correct that we don't provoke freedom of speech on an internet forum. But...

Personal attacks? Uh hello, wake up. You've been doing that since you joined. I know, it's not fair that they should be allowed to do it as well but the way you attack someone is clearly unacceptable and unnecessary. They may say "dumbass" or "retard" but you would say something like "go lick a c*nt you ******!" They say those things because you provoke them to by saying something extremely negative about the Warriors. This is a Warriors forum full of diehard Warrior fans. Think about it... :wink:
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:54 am
J-Rich wrote:Either way they are personal attacks! And it is against the forum rules so they have to be deleted there buddy! 8) Everybody has to play fair...Looks like your being bias...


That's true, J-Rich. We're biased... against the instigator.


Or haven't you realized that they were just answering to your previous posts?

All Star
Posts: 2035
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:33 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:39 am
Huhh!!! This is personal...I think your overlooking the comment (dickhead)...Since you guys haven't removed that comment and wanna play hardball then that ok with me...This is personal now...Two moderators getting on ones case that's a bit too much just asking to remove a few comments...OK! Then that's fine by me...I'm going back to the old J-rich...
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13536
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:52 am
:shock: The exclaimation marks are coming back??? 8-[
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image

All Star
Posts: 1216
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2004 3:43 pm
Location: Union City/Torrance, CA
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:48 am
man. we get a great win over the suns and J-Rich plays the downer. And no, the warriors don't suck. Sucking is being where we were for the past 13 years before last season. Sucking is watching your team being the laughing stock of the NBA. Sucking is watching Latrell Sprewell laughing at his own team and then choking the coach. Sucking is drafting Joe Smith, trading for bimbo coles and Tiger Blaylock. You don't believe in the team, do you? Seems like you never did.
"The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else."
-John Madden
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1221
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2006 9:54 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:13 pm
J-Rich wrote:Huhh!!! This is personal...I think your overlooking the comment (dickhead)...Since you guys haven't removed that comment and wanna play hardball then that ok with me...This is personal now...Two moderators getting on ones case that's a bit too much just asking to remove a few comments...OK! Then that's fine by me...I'm going back to the old J-rich...


::lol:

the old J-Rich??? as opposed to this "newer" and "kinder" J-Rich?

Maaaaan, give this guy the boot already guys. Hasn't this been long overdue?

Screw this whining about how "I can say anything want..."

Sure, you CAN say anything you want, but not in OUR house. You talk all this crap in our house, you get the boot...simple as that. go "outside" and talk your talk...

c'mon tmc, xbay, babbs? what do you say?
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:29 pm
aletha33 wrote:c'mon tmc, xbay, babbs? what do you say?


He's already been given a warning. He's a regular, so we're a bit more lenient than with any other, but there's always a limit...
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13536
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:15 pm
I've always wondered, exactly, what a "warning" is?

I've heard miggy get them, ram got them, jrich is getting one now. For all the drama I've been involved in, even I have never warranted an actual "warning"... and I've done some pretty outgoing sh*t around here. And, after a while, its clear to me that "warnings" are not the path to banishment, as miggy and jrich have recieved more than one. With that in mind... what, exactly, do you need to do to get banned here? Obviously, you can take a warning... and 2 months down the road, that warning doesn't count anymore, because JRich has been told more times than anyone else on this forum's history to calm it down and, yet, he's still here. What's it take?
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image

All Star
Posts: 3317
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:33 pm
Location: the STACK
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:18 pm
32 wrote:I've always wondered, exactly, what a "warning" is?

I've heard miggy get them, ram got them, jrich is getting one now. For all the drama I've been involved in, even I have never warranted an actual "warning"... and I've done some pretty outgoing sh*t around here. And, after a while, its clear to me that "warnings" are not the path to banishment, as miggy and jrich have recieved more than one. With that in mind... what, exactly, do you need to do to get banned here? Obviously, you can take a warning... and 2 months down the road, that warning doesn't count anymore, because JRich has been told more times than anyone else on this forum's history to calm it down and, yet, he's still here. What's it take?


yeah...the only people ive seen get banned were spamming trolls
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:40 pm
32 wrote:I've always wondered, exactly, what a "warning" is?

I've heard miggy get them, ram got them, jrich is getting one now. For all the drama I've been involved in, even I have never warranted an actual "warning"... and I've done some pretty outgoing sh*t around here. And, after a while, its clear to me that "warnings" are not the path to banishment, as miggy and jrich have recieved more than one. With that in mind... what, exactly, do you need to do to get banned here? Obviously, you can take a warning... and 2 months down the road, that warning doesn't count anymore, because JRich has been told more times than anyone else on this forum's history to calm it down and, yet, he's still here. What's it take?


Easy, it's a step closer to being banned. Migya got a warning and, next time, hobbes decided to demote him to being a regular member again. Dr. Frank got a warning and, after ignoring it, was banned.

That's how it works. Once you get one, it's similar to... say, being "on probation" (hate the comparison, but it works). Next time, it goes full effect.

The difference with those trolls and regular members is that we ban those trolls without any kind of warning. If you just register to create problems, you get banned inmediately (well, as soon as we can take care of the issue). But there's no reason to be so harsh with regular members... nobody is mistake-free in this life, so we try to not give too many warnings, because it means you're probably getting banned, demoted or something like that.

Actually, I remember having given a warning to three people, I think. And it always ended having serious consequences. Those of you that haven't received one, it's because what you've done didn't deserve one.


As for "recovering from a warning"... we don't have a rule for it. Just common sense. If somebody gets a warning for something extreme he posted but behaves according to the rules, gets along with everybody else for the next few months, it's clearly not a troublemaker. You can't be checking all that guy does looking for a excuse to ban him. On the other side, a member tha ignores the warning and keeps behaving like if nothing happened... well, we're not so considerate with him next time.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13536
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:48 pm
8-[ ... banning drfrank was a mistake. :wink:

I usually agree with however you guys choose to run this place, but that guy was a colorful character who knew his stuff. True, he was a bit rough around the edges and tended to go off rather easily, but I always considered that to be part of his persona. You knew not to take the guy too seriously, but he was entertaining in his rants and didn't spray somebody just to spray them. I wish he was still around.
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image

All Star
Posts: 2261
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2004 9:05 am
Location: Berkeley
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:37 pm
TMC wrote:
32 wrote:I've always wondered, exactly, what a "warning" is?

I've heard miggy get them, ram got them, jrich is getting one now. For all the drama I've been involved in, even I have never warranted an actual "warning"... and I've done some pretty outgoing sh*t around here. And, after a while, its clear to me that "warnings" are not the path to banishment, as miggy and jrich have recieved more than one. With that in mind... what, exactly, do you need to do to get banned here? Obviously, you can take a warning... and 2 months down the road, that warning doesn't count anymore, because JRich has been told more times than anyone else on this forum's history to calm it down and, yet, he's still here. What's it take?


The difference with those trolls and regular members is that we ban those trolls without any kind of warning. If you just register to create problems, you get banned inmediately (well, as soon as we can take care of the issue). But there's no reason to be so harsh with regular members... nobody is mistake-free in this life, so we try to not give too many warnings, because it means you're probably getting banned, demoted or something like that.
So When did J-Rich not "create problems" :?:
Some how J-Rich became a "regular member" who created problems regularly :agrue: :mrgreen:
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....

All Star
Posts: 2035
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:33 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:45 pm
I'm getting a warning for what? I haven't done anything...Just look at althetic whatever his name is? He's the instagator around here... :)

All Star
Posts: 2035
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:33 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:46 pm
Yeah, I always wondered what happened to drfrank? He's the only person on this board that got under my skin! Hey, can you bring him back? I miss that dude! 8)
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest

cron