Game Thread: Phoenix Suns @ Warriors 2008-02-13

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will Shaq make his apperance as a members of the Suns against the Warriors?

Poll ended at Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:00 pm

YES
43%
NO
57%

Total votes : 23

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:52 am
bigstrads wrote:
32 wrote:I'm picking this as the game Webber finally looks like a rotation player, and not a pudgy old man.

Against DC, CWebb definitely looked more spry running up and down the floor. Plus, that one-handed throw in (that didn't count) showed he can still finish. In 18 minutes, I predict Webber goes for 7 points (3-for-5, 1-2 from the line), 5 rebounds, 1 block, and 4 assists. 2 of the field goals will be top-of-the-key jumpers, the other one will be an And1 layup.

Dubs by 3 in a thriller.

What about the other free throw??? a missed tech? :mrgreen:

Touche. Make that a layup and a missed layup, due to a foul, where he splits the freebies. :wink:
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:14 pm
Nellie is crazy if he starts Webber this game. Nash and Stoudemire are one of the best pick and roll duo's in the league and Webber is to snail slow to defend it.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:30 pm
:dontknow: Webber played the pick and roll extremely well last night, giving the outside shooter space for days and preventing any inside passes for easy lay-ups. He knows his limitations and will be more than happy to play his role. If Nash is hitting his jumpers, you're right, it's probably best to put AB on the floor. But if Webber forces Nash to shoot and MVP can't hit, it'll fuel our fast break, as Chris is already set up for the board down low.

Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:51 pm
32 wrote::dontknow: Webber played the pick and roll extremely well last night, giving the outside shooter space for days and preventing any inside passes for easy lay-ups. He knows his limitations and will be more than happy to play his role. If Nash is hitting his jumpers, you're right, it's probably best to put AB on the floor. But if Webber forces Nash to shoot and MVP can't hit, it'll fuel our fast break, as Chris is already set up for the board down low.

Webber got burned on pick and roll more then I can count with Haywood last night.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:58 pm
NightAngel wrote:
32 wrote::dontknow: Webber played the pick and roll extremely well last night, giving the outside shooter space for days and preventing any inside passes for easy lay-ups. He knows his limitations and will be more than happy to play his role. If Nash is hitting his jumpers, you're right, it's probably best to put AB on the floor. But if Webber forces Nash to shoot and MVP can't hit, it'll fuel our fast break, as Chris is already set up for the board down low.

Webber got burned on pick and roll more then I can count with Haywood last night.

I guarentee you that you're referring to both of those dunks from Haywood.

And I also bet you didn't notice that AB was guarding him.

Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:14 pm
Webber should still get a chance. I'll admit he didn't look bad in the game against the Wiz.

BUT!!!

This is the Phoenix team that we also ran off the court. We should go uptempo and see what pans out.

We know that their half-court set is better than ours.

I say put in Webber once we cool down a lil and/or cannot get any offense going. :mrgreen:
All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:36 pm
That would be pretty funny if they have Nash "the allstar" guard Davis. All you're doing is tempting Baron to play at his very best and prove he should've been there with the rest of em.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:49 pm
speakonitgod wrote:That would be pretty funny if they have Nash "the allstar" guard Davis. All you're doing is tempting Baron to play at his very best and prove he should've been there with the rest of em.

Nash can't properly guard a single starting guard in the league. He's a very poor defender and whichever of our backcourt guys he guards must take advantage. I remember a game last season (I think) where they moved Nash around to various different guys on the warriors and they took turns harassing him. Pietrus, Jackson and Baron comes to mind.

He's the best 1 in the league offensively but very weak in man to man defense.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:57 pm
Miami could do us a HUGE favour right now!!!.............Wright has just blocked Iversons game winning attempt and it looks like going to OT..........man!
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:12 pm
bigstrads wrote:Miami could do us a HUGE favour right now!!!.............Wright has just blocked Iversons game winning attempt and it looks like going to OT..........man!

F**k!!!.............damned D Wade rattled in and out the game winner..........Nuggets by 1. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:44 pm
bigstrads wrote:
bigstrads wrote:Miami could do us a HUGE favour right now!!!.............Wright has just blocked Iversons game winning attempt and it looks like going to OT..........man!

F**k!!!.............damned D Wade rattled in and out the game winner..........Nuggets by 1. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I was thinking the same thing...why can't anyone in the league ever do the Warriors a favor. But I guess thats why Miami has the record they do :mrgreen:
Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:59 pm
sleandres wrote:
bigstrads wrote:

I was thinking the same thing...why can't anyone in the league ever do the Warriors a favor. But I guess thats why Miami has the record they do :mrgreen:

My team's playing really bad this season. The game vs Nuggets is actually one of their better games this season. Man... If the HEAT had won tonight, it'll be the end of the losing streak plus it'll be a favor for my 2nd team.

Those 3s by JR Smith killed us. :banghead:

Sorry...can't help but rant.
a.k.a. 33 & 3

"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence win championships." --- Michael Jordan

"My main objective was not to succumb, but to overcome." --- Alonzo Mourning
Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:00 pm
Anyway, Warriors by 3 points. :)
a.k.a. 33 & 3

"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence win championships." --- Michael Jordan

"My main objective was not to succumb, but to overcome." --- Alonzo Mourning
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:41 pm
speakonitgod wrote:That would be pretty funny if they have Nash "the allstar" guard Davis. All you're doing is tempting Baron to play at his very best and prove he should've been there with the rest of em.

Baron should be able to bounce back in this one.
speakonitgod, that Bad Brains video is awesome...

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:54 pm
last 2 meetings in oakland we win the last one 129 114 warriors

no shaq no marion barbosa has missed with the flu but did practise
warriors are 11of last 15
barron looks to have bounced back MP will/should be in a suit(my wish no fact)
its are last game of a GREAT HALF considering we lost the first and we
are at 31 wins at the half...
warriors kick the suns by 8
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads