Game Thread: Sacramento Kings @ Warriors 2008-02-09

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors bounce back against the Kings?

Poll ended at Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:19 pm

YES
90%
NO
10%

Total votes : 21

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:08 pm
Man Monta Ellis is really developing this season. Another monster game.
StuckInSoCal
(GSW for life)
All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:09 pm
Monta!

Monta!

Monta!

Monta!

Monta!

What A Game!

Warriors!!!!
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:12 pm
Great game... again. I didnt like the way it was going, but what can ya do? We are the Warriors. You never know what you are going to get.

I just want to go back to something I said a couple of days ago regarding Monta playing point. I think that he is ready. When he is in there and he handles the ball on a consistant basis, good things happen. They start going inside, and they start moving the ball. Baron, no knock on him, has a tendency to hog it.

Whatever... good game. :wink:
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:19 pm
they finally realized that Monta should be taking more shots....and honestly in the 2nd and 3rd periods he should have shot it more....Baron needs to be able to recognize this as a leader and GET HIM THE BALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the game wouldn't be complete if we didn't have pietrus step out of bounds in the corner, when is he ever going to stop doing that ****?!?!?!
I have seen the 49ers win a Superbowl. I have now seen the Giants win a world series. I need one more championship in my lifetime to make my life complete...
Rookie
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:43 pm
Pietrus will always be Pietrus. If he hasn't changed in 4 years, he won't now. Anyway, this was a gut check game after the horrible loss to the Bulls. We toughed this one out and won. I get on the Warriors for bad losses but they do seem to bounce back the next game. They don't let it swell into a losing streak. Monta is officially our #1 scorer. He can get any shot he wants to. He and Baron should be 1a and 1b. It seems like he could have gotten 40 tonight if Baron hadn't gone 4 of 50 (or whatever it was).
Three most hated ex warriors: Mike Dunleavy Jr., Tom Gugliotta, Todd Fuller.

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:46 pm
EmceeT wrote:Warriors lose by 8.

Hope I'm wrong... but after the Kings win against Utah by 13... shooting 50% and at full strength... I can't see how the Dubs could win.

Again, I hope I'm wrong.

NICE POST
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:51 pm
JOEL wrote:
EmceeT wrote:Warriors lose by 8.

Hope I'm wrong... but after the Kings win against Utah by 13... shooting 50% and at full strength... I can't see how the Dubs could win.

Again, I hope I'm wrong.

NICE POST

lolz
Role Player
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:48 am
YES!

I was wrong... but what an UGLY win.

Hey, a Dub is a Dub.
http://www.emceet.com | http://www.myspace.com/emceet | good times & bad, go warriors. | @emceet

Rookie
Poster Credit: 4
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:08 am
Hm...Baron really needs to get out of his slump. He was so pissed when he got his 6th foul, although it was kind of funny watching him jump up and down like a little kid. (I love baron, not an insult ^^.)

As for Monta Ellis, what more can we say about this guy? I think the problem is that he needs more team recognition sometimes. For example, if Baron is 4-20, its cool if he wants to make more shots and all, but why doesn't he just pass to Monta who (at that time) is like 9-10 O_o.
Dang, I'm really waiting to see how he turns out in a year or 2 (or three). Hopefully some freak accident doesn't happen and we end up giving him away o_o

I guess once a star, always a star(even if they aren't doin well) :P

Ugly game, good win :)

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:48 am
the warriors are tryin to give me a heart attack...and nearly succeeded
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:32 am
BoogalooShrimp442 wrote: Monta scores 35+

Good call, buddy... Almost on target.

Great, big game by Monta, who's proving to be our go-to guy in this last few games. He's also helping in other areas, like grabbing those 9 boards and adding 5 assists to have a really good, all-around game. If there's a reason we won this one, that's Monta.

As for Baron, he didn't have a bad game, other than shooting too much. Still contributed with boards, assists, steals... that's what's so great about him. Even when he's not making his shots, he keeps helping the team. With that said, he's been shooting poorly the last two games, so he should pick smarter shots from now on til he recovers his touch. It's not like we're short of options to score.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:41 am
An ugly but handy win tonight...............Portland look like they are going where they belong/should be...............all we need is Houston to stop this strange winning thing they are doing and we can hold onto this thing.

Although weve talked about this before, and theres been examples of previous seasons where its happend/been close............but seeds 1-9 in the West have a 60% or better winning percentage!!!...........insane........and 10 has 56%!............."whooooaaaa Nellie!"
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:52 am
bigstrads wrote:all we need is Houston to stop this strange winning thing they are doing and we can hold onto this thing.

What was strange was their "losing thing", not their current streak... They're 15-4 since January, and it's not because of luck.

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: -3
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:12 am
I don''t see a winning team with the point leading in Ppg and APG. It's not like Ellis , Biedrins shoot less than 50% on a regular basis and AL shoots around 40% on treis. Bottom line, we need a leader at the point ... a leader that helps his team-mates score more and leads with solid shot selection. T-Murphy had great stats but we sucked donkey when he played. We should worry because the other legit top 9 actual have legit low post and two-man pick and roll scoring plays. We are likely to sneak in the 8th seed because a player gets injured from another squad because our team is not playing better than our post-suspension rebound.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:11 am
J-Rich wrote:This is gonna be a good game on Sat!!! I always luv those Sac and W's matchups!!!

Man Now i can see why the Jazz lost to the queens the night before because they are playing pretty good. Then again, you cant lose to teams in the western conf. Cause if you do, you fall...
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads