Game Thread: Chicago Bulls @ Warriors 2008-02-07

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will the Warriors extend their winning streak to three?

Poll ended at Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:09 pm

YES
97%
NO
3%

Total votes : 35

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:16 am
I was gonna mention something about Wright! But you beat me to it! Good job there buddy... This would have been the perfect game to see Wright matched up against the league's MVP in Smith and the mighty Wallace! 8)

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:21 am
i dont know about giving marco minutes today...but wright i totally agree he coulda helped defensively. as far as POB, he was in street clothes on the sideline
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:34 am
Why no Azubuike tonight?!?
This season is not a flop.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:37 am
loyaltyisacurse wrote:Why no Azubuike tonight?!?

Yeah, that puzzled me. I'd think he would've helped get the tempo to stay consistent for the Warriors during certain points in the game.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:48 am
we are playoff material....yes Im pissed, but its only one game out of 82...
I have seen the 49ers win a Superbowl. I have now seen the Giants win a world series. I need one more championship in my lifetime to make my life complete...
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:42 am
Another win for the refs!!!! ut these type of games still need to be won at home! It seemed that 5 day layoff kinda killed this team...but no excuses, lets look to Saturday!
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:56 am
First of all...

Lightning_Hunter wrote:Oh, and LTRFTP here. Been reading these forums forever - but haven't gotten around to registering until now.

Welcome, buddy. :hello2:

sfsfsfgiants wrote:Duhon will not continue this

You gotta learn to never say never when it comes to Warrior bball. We've allowed no-names like Matt Bonner or Ronnie Turiaf to have career nights against us. Why not Duhon?. We're just a terrible defensive team. That's not our game. If our shots don't fall, we're screwed. Easy as that.

Also, why the f*ck Pietrus played 23 minutes while Azubuike stayed on the bench all night?

nickdakoolkat wrote:we are playoff material....yes Im pissed, but its only one game out of 82...

Yep. I also think we belong in the playoff picture. But probably will be first round fodder, unless we have a favorable matchup like last year against Dallas.

btw, like Bigstrads, I've missed this game, so I'm talking fromt he scoreboard and the highlights. I'd like to talk about how Webber looked in his limited time (didn't look like much from the stats), but I'll have to wait for the next game.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:55 am
Man...........Ive given up trying to find a torrent (and Im tired from staying up so late to record this game and then ti not working!)............but now Im glad I havnt/wont see it.

Sounds like truely the worst of everything we do = no D, letting scrubs light us up for career highs, people continuing to shoot when in a funk, the hot hand not be utilised (Monta), strange substitutions or none at all...........and the refs love for us.

Sigh...............its games like this where I think that we are not going to make the playoffs, with Houston winning tonight (f**king East Conf. teams cant do sh*t!) and the West just getting bigger and stronger to exploit our weaknesses..................not happy.

Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:47 am
EmceeT wrote:
6. The Dubs are GOOD, but not playoff material. I luv the Dubs, but sorry to say.

this lack of confidence after a bad game is ridiculous. The warriors are going to be in the playoff, and I say they will get the 7th seed. It's not just a matter of "believing" - it's clear to me that the first 6 spots are locked (pho, lal, dal, uta, noh, sas), but after that there are 2 spots for war, por, den, hou, and i can't see any of these teams better than the warriors. No, I am not afraid of the nuggets or the rockets, and the blazers are not for real
All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:19 am
All we need is better defense and better referees. And I started noticing what Don Nelson was hinting at in his interviews. It's funny how after Davis passes the ball, he kinda freezes like a sculpture. But see I don't hate on him for that, cuz he's a star. Stars have the right to do wtf they wanna. It was just funny how he really just stops moving when he don't got the ball Lol.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:39 am
These are the loses I can't stand. Baron missed two days of practices. and comes out playing like the tin man.

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:13 pm
JOEL wrote:
dubsfan1 wrote:
JOEL wrote:
dubsfan1 wrote:warriors by 13

webber 14 points 8 boards 3 assists

i also think we will see belineli and webber playing together

2 of webbers assists will be to belineli

that would mean marco comes onto court early in the game .
or are you thinking webber is in the game late when we would typically see marco??

marco comes in before halftime

i will recall this post on friday... marco will not come in before halftime is my take if im wrong then i dont know **** about the warriors if im right ?then..............

Well its friday one of us didnt know **** about the warriors
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot

Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:02 pm
I was at the game last night. Awful.

The Warriors didn't come out stong. They played pretty well defensively, except against Duhon. They got stops when they needed stops and just didn't make their layups.

The refs gave Chicago the game. Example: Baron was hacked on his breakaway dunk (no call.) Every drive to the hoop in the 4th quarter was a no call for the Warriors.

On the flip side, everytime Chicago took a shot, it was a foul.

FTA: 48 to 21; Chicago...take away the final 8 from Chicago and its still 40-21

31 Personal Fouls for the Warriors
16 Personal Fouls for the Bulls

Joe Smith FGs 7-11 FTs 13-14
Chris Duhon FGs 11-16 FTs 8-9

Duhon and Smith went to the line more than all of the Warriors. Not to mention the 2 Ts on the Warriors, especially after the refs blew the call. Oh wait, they didn't blow the calls, they just made the correct calls for their bets. :mrgreen:

Officials: Matt Boland , Courtney Kirkland , Joe Forte (GARBAGE)
Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:41 pm
Yeah, I didn't want to whine about the refs because the Warriors didn't play well enough to deserve a win. It shouldn't have been that close to begin with.

With that said, the refs were bloody awful last night. Jesus. Every time Joe Smith or Duhon got touched it was a foul. One of the reasons why Tyrus Thomas got so many easy lay ins was because the Warriors were foul shy. Nelson should have got himself ejected last night. Jackson was trying hard to get tossed but the refs surprisingly didn't T him up a 2nd time. If I was playing last night I would gotten my ass tossed and fined. Unacceptable job by the refs. I hope we beat the ish out of the next team we play. Just pound them into the phukin ground.
Three most hated ex warriors: Mike Dunleavy Jr., Tom Gugliotta, Todd Fuller.

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:46 pm
first off too many missed layups, especially early on really set a bad tone, and we started off what like 0-7 or something on 3's. thats a recipe for disaster.

ok so with 33 games left, and at 29-20, i feel we are still going to make the playoffs.

sure last night was one of the worst loses of the season, but you know what, we had 5 days off, and it showed. i think the warriors need to be on the court to keep their rhythm.

i was surprised though because usually the warriors come out with fire when they are on tnt or espn...

i hate to say it, we may be a playoff team, but i dont see that transpiring into anything substantial, especially when we cant even protect our home floor against the likes of minnesota and chicago!

one more thing. i saw a thread a while back talking about how boring it is to watch a spurs game. well you know what? lock-down defense and championships, winning, who gives a damn if you are an offensive juggernaut or not? i want to win, not just be entertaining or fun to watch!
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads