Game Thread: Charlotte Bobcats @ Warriors 2008-02-01

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will Don Nelson let Chris Webber get some playing time?

Poll ended at Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:25 pm

YES
56%
NO
44%

Total votes : 27

All Star
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:25 pm
Charlotte Bobcats (18-27) @ Golden State Warriors (28-19)

Start time 7:30 PM PST @ The Oracle Arena

Probable starters for the Golden State Warriors
ImageImageImageImageImage
PG - Baron Davis
SG - Monta Ellis
SF - Stephen Jackson
PF - Al Harrington
C - Andris Biedrins

Probable starters for the Charlotte Bobcats
ImageImageImageImageImage
PG - Raymond Felton
SG - Jeff McInnis
SF - Jason Richardson
PF - Gerald Wallace
C - Emeka Okafor

Team leaders this season
PPG - B. Davis (22.3) | G. Wallace (21.4)
RPG - A. Biedrins (9.9) | E. Okafor (10.3)
APG - B. Davis (8.1) | R. Felton (7.1)
SPG - B. Davis (2.5) | G. Wallace (2.2)
BPG - A. Biedrins (1.3) | E. Okafor (1.8)
I've been a Warriors fan since they traded Chris Webber. Can you imagine how that's like....

All Star
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:28 pm
In the past, everytime Stephen Jackson went against Jason Richardson, Jackson always shuts him down. Lets hope this is true on Friday.
I've been a Warriors fan since they traded Chris Webber. Can you imagine how that's like....
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:29 pm
Well, I voted yes, but I guess I should have waited as Webb might not even be in shape :shock: . Warriors should be able to use the Hornets game as a stepping stone, as I always say, I would like to build a good 1st qtr lead. Monta will have another 20+, and Baron will register a double-double. Warriors will win (I still am not predicting scores).

I could not finish this without welcoming back JRich...we miss you dude! I will cheer when he scores, hope he has a great game...hell he could score 100 pts as long as we win :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:35 pm
Do I want Nelson to give Webber some playing time? Of course I do. Will he? Doubt it. I dont think he is in playing shape yet, but I expect him to be fully ready by the Chicago game on national TV. That said, I really do hope he plays. I am looking forward to seeing him. He can only help. At the least, we will be able to see him on the sideline.

How do you guys think he will be percieved?

To the game, though. The Warriors should, and probably will, win. Nice to see J-Rich playing, but wierd not to see him in a Warriors uni. Still havnt gotten used to it.

I am kind of superstitious right now. I am also not going to pick a score.
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:38 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:How do you guys think he will be percieved?

I for one will give him a great ovation...everyone deserves another chance. Plus if Nellie can deal with it, so can I. As far as everyone else's reaction, I am still not sure. I don't think it will be too good if the KNBR callers are any indication.

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:39 pm
i will and am expecting the crowd to go nuts if the announcer makes mention of cwebb....most the fans well some of the fans in my section dont even know who webber is or what happened they will just recognize the name.....so i think it will be a warm very loud recption when he is announced whenever that will happen i couldnt say thought mullins was talking about the bulls game?
All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:33 pm
JRich is gonna get a warm welcome and I'm predictin this to be a close one. Remember, this is one of tha few teams that hav beat Boston... cant hate em for that :mrgreen:
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:12 pm
We need to be careful for this one. Remember, we lost to them last season in crunch time. If we come out the gates strong we should do OK.

By the way, Webber is PROBABLY gonna play at Chicago on 2/7. So it's pretty much for sure that he won't play Friday.

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:22 pm
JayPat wrote:We need to be careful for this one. Remember, we lost to them last season in crunch time. If we come out the gates strong we should do OK.

By the way, Webber is PROBABLY gonna play at Chicago on 2/7. So it's pretty much for sure that he won't play Friday.

would be nice to have him reintroduced friday to get the crowd fired up before the game.. the players will feed on that if the crowd goes nuts... it could get the players off to a good start...and offset some feelings that the dubs have in reguards to missing jrich

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:33 pm
buike will have a decent game, monta will have a good game, and jackson comes up with some big 4th quarter shots. jrich and wallace will have big games, but its not enough cuz biedrins will have another big rebounding night.

i will be at this game to see the warriors win by 7.

CWebb will see some time...even if its just a minute, or the last 30 seconds to sub in for biedrins who beasted the boards. he'll come in for his debut back with the warriors.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:43 pm
This game is a little scary. The Bobcats are one of those mediocre teams that can play the Warriors well, kinda like the Nets or Bulls. The darkhorse Warrior killer is Felton since the Warriors have a knack of letting inconsistent players play well against them. Still, I can't see them losing this game. S Jax and Barnes have stepped their game up lately and if Webber is introduced, that will fire everyone up. I im interested to see if J-Rich has a good game. Warriors win in a semi close game (7-10 pts).
Three most hated ex warriors: Mike Dunleavy Jr., Tom Gugliotta, Todd Fuller.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:22 pm
Whether Webber plays on friday or against the bulls really makes no difference, he wont get in shape in 1 week....but I say play him, he is only going to get in shape by playing in games....as for not knowing the offense, he is a veteran player and he doesnt need to know very many plays to be affective, the only play he needs to know is the pick and roll.

I wont predict the score either, this game will be a battle as Charlotte has been playing teams tough. I better hear the Oracle erupt when they anounce Jrich, basically take what we did for dunleavy, but reverse it :)
I have seen the 49ers win a Superbowl. I have now seen the Giants win a world series. I need one more championship in my lifetime to make my life complete...
Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:33 pm
Warriors win in blow out.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:39 am
The Bobcats are truly disappointing. This team has the talent to be a playoff contender in the east, and they are way below .500 bball.

Should be, on paper, an easy game. I say on paper because Chalotte has talent... but the way they've been playing, this should be an easy win for us.

As for J-Rich, I hope he gets an ovation prior to the game.

Dubs by 10. And no, I don't expect to see Webber on the court.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:25 pm
i cant predict numbers for this game cuz 1) we smashed on tha hornets and 2)we suck against teams that suck
Next

Return to Game Threads