Game Thread: Warriors @ New Orleans Hornets 2008-01-30

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Can the Warriors bounce back against the Hornets?

Poll ended at Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:07 pm

59%
YES
10
41%
NO
7

Total votes: 17

User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1558
» Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:18 pm
JOEL wrote:i really would have a great nite if the cavs could put a hurtin on the blazers


Well JOEL...ask and receive. I turned over to the Sharks game thinking that the Jailblazers had it locked up, only to find out the LeBron and his Cavs had climed back from double-digts in the last few minutes. What a great night!

Rookie
Posts: 64
» Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:26 pm
This was a great game. The Dubs played consistently throughout the whole 48 minutes for once it seemed. Now if this could be their consistent play...

I was over at the NOH forums and they're pretty funny...saying that GS is a clown-team, that the Dubs don't care about the playoffs and they only care about the money...now that is a joke. Our team has to be one of the most spirited teams in the NBA. Poor sports over at New Orleans :P. (not judging)

All Star
Posts: 2714
» Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:29 pm
sleandres wrote:
JOEL wrote:i really would have a great nite if the cavs could put a hurtin on the blazers


Well JOEL...ask and receive. I turned over to the Sharks game thinking that the Jailblazers had it locked up, only to find out the LeBron and his Cavs had climed back from double-digts in the last few minutes. What a great night!







i had to put my 4 year old to bed when i came out the blazers were done by one....im so happy i think im gonna make another kid now ....out :happy2:

All Star
Posts: 3310
» Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:29 pm
good win...i really didnt think it wouldve ended up that way until the game started and harrington was hitting his shots. not only did the warriors end the hornets winning streak, but they ended the paul-chandler double-double streak.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1558
» Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:32 pm
EMan32 wrote: but they ended the paul-chandler double-double streak.


yeah, great for the Warriors, not so great for fantasy...but the Dubs are always more important

All Star
Posts: 2714
» Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:32 pm
The Dubs played consistently throughout the whole 48 minutes for once it seemed.














this was key no wondering no bone head no giving up after un called fouls just intense ball 48 min
User avatar

Rookie
Posts: 88
» Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:53 pm
Great phuckin win tonight. These wins are inspiring because we honestly had no business winning this game really. The W's seems to thrive in situations like that. Bravo!
User avatar

Starting Lineup
Posts: 844
» Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:15 pm
This was the best game we played all year from start to finish....we never had a stretch of coldness, and we simply displayed supreme offensive skills all night. And we played pretty good Defense in stretches....

...I think SJax has got his shooting stroke back, he had a stretch there where he was bricking a lot of outsied shots. But he has been money the last few games....
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 22001
» Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:58 pm
JOEL wrote:i had to put my 4 year old to bed when i came out the blazers were done by one....im so happy i think im gonna make another kid now ....out :happy2:



:mrgreen:
Blow on the deepthroat buddy, saves you alot of time, money and worries :wink:
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 18315
» Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:47 am
Gee... we're a f*cking weird team. Loss at home against Minny, close games against the Knicks and Nets after that... loss at Houston without T-Mac... and we win on the road against the hottest team in the league.

Yeah, weird... but I'm glad I was wrong about this game.

I'm just worried about the rotation. Pietrus should not play at all. He's just terrible. And Wright it's proving time and time again that he deserves more minutes, but I've got the feeling that he won't play again once Webber is ready to go. Not unless we're winning by double figures in the last two minutes.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1786
» Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:40 am
nickdakoolkat wrote:...I think SJax has got his shooting stroke back, he had a stretch there where he was bricking a lot of outsied shots. But he has been money the last few games....


nah man its got nuthin 2 do with jax gettin it "back"... he always had it.....he's a very consistent shooter on our squad...problem is he shoots at tha worst possible time to shoot.....yesterdays game he took his time and waited for tha shot to present itself to him, and thats y it seemed like he was buryin em so easy
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1221
» Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:27 am
speakonitgod wrote:
nickdakoolkat wrote:...I think SJax has got his shooting stroke back, he had a stretch there where he was bricking a lot of outsied shots. But he has been money the last few games....


nah man its got nuthin 2 do with jax gettin it "back"... he always had it.....he's a very consistent shooter on our squad...problem is he shoots at tha worst possible time to shoot.....yesterdays game he took his time and waited for tha shot to present itself to him, and thats y it seemed like he was buryin em so easy


hmm, jax is many things. a consistent shooter he is not.

when you say the problem is "he shoots at the worse possible time..." you mean he takes horrible low percentage shots? if he takes shots that are within the flow of the game, he'll knock them down w/ some consistency?

just tryin to understand where you're coming from...

but i agree that he let the game come to him yesterday...for the most part. still forced a few drives, but certainly not as frequent as he has been doing.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 3040
» Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:29 pm
TMC wrote:Gee... we're a f*cking weird team. Loss at home against Minny, close games against the Knicks and Nets after that... loss at Houston without T-Mac... and we win on the road against the hottest team in the league.

Yeah, weird... but I'm glad I was wrong about this game.

I'm just worried about the rotation. Pietrus should not play at all. He's just terrible. And Wright it's proving time and time again that he deserves more minutes, but I've got the feeling that he won't play again once Webber is ready to go. Not unless we're winning by double figures in the last two minutes.


I agree on all counts, bro...it hit me that when the Ws have their A game on, which they did last night, they can beat ANY team in the league. Witness Dallas in the playoffs last year. It seems to have a lot to do with focus. And as someone who has questioned Bean's D, I wanted to say he was the game changer, since David West was playing the other Ws like he was a senior in high school against middle schoolers. Gives you and idea of how Wilt scored so much. Pretty easy when you are shooting 2 foot baskets over people 6 inches shorter than you.

Rookie
Posts: 198
» Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:23 pm
hell yeah, the dubs put the hammer down on both sides late in the 4th. i knew it would be a split these back to back games and i'm glad we lost to the rockets instead. baron no all star but i dont care


and i'll be at the charlotte game

yee :bday:

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest