Game Thread: Warriors @ New Orleans Hornets 2008-01-30

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors bounce back against the Hornets?

Poll ended at Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:07 pm

YES
59%
NO
41%

Total votes : 17

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:51 pm
JOEL wrote:i get warriors google alerts on my email anything that comes over the AP
in an article cj said he would sell the number to webb but that if webb stared him down he would give it over to him.... my thinking is 23 is way better number than 4

Yeah, I did read that here, that he would consider selling it to him, and I knew that he probably did, or Webber at least took him out to a nice dinner or something along those lines, but I was shocked when I saw a number on it. The media usually does not release that kind of information. Nice little bonus for Watson, though. He comes here for two weeks and gets a 30,000 dollar payday for selling a number that he didnt even choose anyways. :wink:

Anyways, yeah, back to the game. Who woulda thunk? The Warriors holding them off through three. Good game. I dont think I will be as mad if they lose this game because this wasnt a game anybody expected, anyway. Fun to watch, though. Somebody needs to keep a body on West and an eye on Paul and Peja. Dont, for the love of God, let Peja beat you.
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"

All Star
Poster Credit: 10
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:51 pm
enjoyable game, could be nice playoff pair :)
"i wish i was a little bit taller" skee lo
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:07 pm
Paul has five fouls with five minutes left. I would post Baron up on him EVERY time down the floor. See if you cant get that foul. I know you wouldnt be putting up the best shots as a result, but if they can get him out of the game, it is worth a couple forced possessions. Great game! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:11 pm
We Needed That!

I Believe!

ha ha ha

nice win!

what a game!
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:13 pm
I TOLD U GUYS!!!!!! GO WARRIORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All Star
Poster Credit: 10
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:13 pm
oh, i love it!! so good on a good hot team, this is the best of the warriors!!
come more often, guys!!!
"i wish i was a little bit taller" skee lo
Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:14 pm
mattiri wrote:this will be a loss. guaranteed.

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:19 pm
**** YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:20 pm
Great win, and the thing that really impressed me tonight was not the offense, but the defense. The defense was what was carrying us throughout the game. Though they didnt put up the best numbers or stop the superstars, they played tough and hard and never gave up, which ended up giving it to us.

Anybody else impressed, or surprised, with Monta's overall ability? Not just the scoring, as we all knew he could do, but the passing, the ball control, and, most importantly, the rebounding. He seems to becoming an overall and complete player night in and night out. No longer is he a liability on defense, but an asset. Great young player he is.

Anyway, yeah, great win, and I am in a better mood tonight than I was last night. :wink:
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:21 pm
mattiri wrote:this will be a loss. guaranteed.

LOG OFF
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:25 pm
Great win Dubs...I knew we could get this one. To the 6 other people that voted that we could win this game, way to be believe. To the rest, you can join us in :drinking: drinking the punch.

J-Rich wrote:After tommorrow loss we will be 2 games out of the 8th spot behind the red hot Jazz!

This was a great call! :roll:

Once again, greta win...now lets build on it!

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:31 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:Great win, and the thing that really impressed me tonight was not the offense, but the defense. The defense was what was carrying us throughout the game. Though they didnt put up the best numbers or stop the superstars, they played tough and hard and never gave up, which ended up giving it to us.

Anybody else impressed, or surprised, with Monta's overall ability? Not just the scoring, as we all knew he could do, but the passing, the ball control, and, most importantly, the rebounding. He seems to becoming an overall and complete player night in and night out. No longer is he a liability on defense, but an asset. Great young player he is.

Anyway, yeah, great win, and I am in a better mood tonight than I was last night. :wink:

monta with the no look behind the back pass...also jumping out of the arena for the boards..
i was very very happy to see barnes have a great nite the stats wont do barnes justice for tonight
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:35 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:Anyway, yeah, great win, and I am in a better mood tonight than I was last night. :wink:

That makes 2 of us :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:36 pm
sleandres wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:Anyway, yeah, great win, and I am in a better mood tonight than I was last night. :wink:

That makes 2 of us :mrgreen:

And now bigstrads wont yell at us about being bad fans. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Also:

sfsfsfgiants wrote:Man, I am still pissed from Houston's game, so I shouldnt even be making predictions, but I will try and be unbiased.....

The game could be had if they guard Mo Pete. If he starts doing that sh*t that he always does, hiding behind screens by their fat ass big men, and chucking up threes with that ugly ass shot of his, and for some f*cking reason they go in, they will lose.....

Okay, I know that wasnt unbiased, but... whatever.

Warriors by 3 if Mo Pete doesnt start doing his sh*t.

To quote myself, Mo Pete didnt play, so we lucked out there. He wasnt here to do his sh*t. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:41 pm
i really would have a great nite if the cavs could put a hurtin on the blazers
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads