Game Thread: Warriors @ Houston Rockets 2008-01-29

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will Chris Webber reunite with the Warriors on Tuesday as all the reports suggests?

Poll ended at Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:34 pm

YES
59%
NO
41%

Total votes : 22

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:40 pm
Sh********************t game................sometimes I hate the NBA, with its officious bull crap, go damned Stern and his crews eliminating trends and "adapting"...........just let the f**king game be played for the players not your 1.5 billion Chinese viewers on Rockets night! and to get your little golden boys in the NBA finals (Spurs and Lebron last year)

Hey sf...........loving you like this! :mrgreen: .......thats it, get medieval on they ass!!! :evil:
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:45 pm
bigstrads wrote:Hey sf...........loving you like this! :mrgreen: .......

That sounded wierd but I am going to pretend you didnt say that!!!

God damn game pissed the hell out of me!!! Let the fricken three pointers shoot their fricken threes all fricken night and nobody even goes out to guard their asses!!!! Fricken little midgets chucking them up and every single god damn person standing there watching this!!!

I have finals tomorrow, and I need to get some good sleep, but NOOOO!!! I will be having nightmares about Luther Head and Steve Novak's three point shot and Pietrus standing there doing nothing!!!!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:46 pm
J-Rich wrote:Good for you!!! You must be on the wrong forum! Let's both go back to the Jazz forum and root for them... 8)

"we" must be in the wrong forum. Nevertheless, "You" can go back to the Jazz forum and root for them :mrgreen:
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:48 pm
The one sequence I remember is Pietrus shooting a wide open three off-balance off a Houston turnover, and then leaving Novak for a wide open three on the other end. :banghead:

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:52 pm
J-Rich wrote:Hey sfsfgiant! Why is it that AB didn't get dominated like last year??? Is it because he can't catch other teams off guard this year and he really isn't that great? I brought up this topic way before AB play this year!!!

I said that W's fans would be disappointed with AB in terms of fans expecting him to be a great player...Looks like he is proving me right!

Webber leaving and destroying the W's is what made me a sour fan over all these years! I don't welcome him back at all!

Hey JR,

When do you think Boozer will head on over to them Lakers like Karl did when he sold out for a ring he couldnt win... And AK-47 will he ever be a star? All he does is cry and bitch about Sloan... Wsup with Okur? Can he jump over a phone book?

doesnt matter because i can root for a boring ass team like the Jazz. Hell, if you want to be boring you gotta win them RINGS aka Spurs... pathetic Jazz....

however... Love them Jazz, the provided me with great memories....

5.....4......3.....2.... Jordan nothing but net.... DAMN
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:24 pm
Not that anyone else's loss makes this one better...but the Spurs did lose to the Sonics tonight
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:30 pm
:shock: Why would we care what the Spurs do? Dont mean to be mean, but I am still mad. Back to what matters: how did the Trail Blazers, Utah, and the Lakers do?
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:34 pm
I know what you mean, but the way Utah has been playing...it seems like they may surpass the Spurs, making San Antonio more of a worry than Utah. But I already know what everyone is thinking...the Spurs will bounce back, but you never know

And I was pointing out how things could be worse...we could have lost to Seattle. Wait a second, thats almost as embarrasing as losing to Minnesota (oops) :mrgreen:
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:35 pm
The refs were rediculous in this game, Monta got fouled on at least 5 different layups and had no calls.....then they call that one foul on luther heads jumper in which nobody was around him....as for that Dinosaur flopping, I found it quite rediculous however the rockets anouncers were shocked he didnt get the call :? they pissed me off soooo much tonight :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
I have seen the 49ers win a Superbowl. I have now seen the Giants win a world series. I need one more championship in my lifetime to make my life complete...
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:23 am
Regardless of how we played, the refs controlled the tempo of this game. Yao had so many fouls called for him. Harrington and Biedrins were getting picked on by the refs. It was just horrific.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:40 am
Awful refs, awful game by our bench, with only Barnes contributing... and yet another proof that Pietrus has to go. Even if we only get a second rounder for him. We'd be winning anyway.

sfsfsfgiants wrote:And for any of y'all talking about Yao being good... he isnt. All he does is cherrypick for easy points and his rebounds come right to him. He is a talented player, but a majority of his numbers are purely based on his size. He is the softest player, pound for pound, in the league, in my opinion. FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!

Well, I'd say that size also matters. Who cares about how he gets his numbers as long as he gets them?. Kosta also has monster size and is unable to use it properly.

Softest?. Yeah, we agree with that. He could be doing so much more with his size and skills...

Good luck with your finals, buddy. :wink:

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:38 am
quote from bigs
for the players not your 1.5 billion Chinese viewers

hey bigs my man i gota question for you bro...not to start an arguement but to gain understanding......the other day you posted an interview where a fellow remarked about a group of people and you took that as raciest??? but now a few days later this comment shows up about another group.....imo both comments were not raciest..please help me understand .....what is the differnce between the two....
#1 to many black players and 1.5 million or billlion whatever chinnise? :?: :mrgreen:
Last edited by JOEL on Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:38 am
just wanna be in the know
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:42 am
JOEL wrote:quote from bigs
for the players not your 1.5 billion Chinese viewers

hey bigs my man i gota question for you bro...not to start an arguement but to gain understanding......the other day you posted an interview where a fellow remarked about a group of people and you took that as raciest??? but now a few days later this comment shows up about another group.....imo both comments were not raciest..please help me understand .....what is the differnce between the two....
#1 to many black players and 1.5 million or billlion whatever chinnise? :?: :mrgreen:

Fair question..............

Well, not sure what your saying about the interview that I posted............the guy just came out and said there were too many black players in the league, which I took to be quite racist and couldnt believe that he said it.

My comment last night was in relation to the fact that Stern goes with his trends and is always looking play to his desired markets...........with China being a massive one.......ohh I dont know, about 1.5 billion people...........so who wouldnt put it past Stern and his crews to officiate Rockets games "different"...............watching last nights game it certainly seemed that way.

It was in no way a slight on Chinese people or anything at all, I was merely pointing out the fact that Stern would of course want to give a good impression to that huge market (especially outside the USA) and let there golden boy get away with a few.............thats all.

I was also a little upset and reaching for a scape goat so maybe worded it wrong, that scape goat being Stern, not Chinese people.

Also, with the video and a guy saying "there are too many black players" isnt really comparable to me saying "just let the f**king game be played for the players not your 1.5 billion Chinese viewers on Rockets night! and to get your little golden boys in the NBA finals (Spurs and Lebron last year)"..............I added the full quote of what I said to show that I wasnt highlighting the Chinese influence exclusively.

Apologies if anyone was offended by it, certainly not intended.

Question for you though............how did you interpret it? hence leading to your question?
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:32 pm
TMC wrote:Good luck with your finals, buddy. :wink:

Yeah, I failed because I was worried too much about Mickael Pietrus and Chris Paul than I was about Baron de Montesque or Voltaire. :wink:
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads