Game Thread: New York Knicks @ Warriors 2008-01-27

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors continue to win at home against the Knicks?

Poll ended at Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:20 pm

YES
100%
NO
No votes

Total votes : 21

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:38 pm
We need to stop predicting blowouts on here....a win is a win, so I'm happy...we could be 10 games over .500 with a win on teusday at houston!
I have seen the 49ers win a Superbowl. I have now seen the Giants win a world series. I need one more championship in my lifetime to make my life complete...

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:39 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote: I guess you cant complain, but they really do need to make a move for, if not Webber, a similar player, because they need to get a good big man in there.

Sounds like that may be almost done.

Chris Webber's unlikely but fast-moving return to the Golden State Warriors is on course to be completed by Tuesday, according to sources close to the negotiations.

Barring an unexpected change of heart, sources said, Webber will accept the invitation from former coach Don Nelson and former teammate Chris Mullin to come back to the team with whom he won NBA Rookie of the Year honors in 1994, only for Webber to force a trade to Washington some six months later when his prickly relationship with Nelson collapsed.

"I hope that it happens to be quite honest with you," Nelson told Bay Area reporters Sunday before the Warriors hosted the New York Knicks. "I think our team needs it."
StuckInSoCal
(GSW for life)

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:18 pm
we are the three point team sfsfs 15 for jack in the 4th? not sure about that but sounds about right 25 total jack as tuff as he is to sit an watch only had i think one bad turnover and was their in the 4th... more than we can say for kobe>>>>

Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:05 am
I totally saw EmceeT in the hall as I was heading out, was a lot of people between us and he was going the opposite way as me but I recognized him and his bright orange jacket :) CJ looked good again.

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:09 am
ill take the win. im disappointed that it wasnt a blowout...hell, im disappointed we only won by 2...at least beat the knicks by 5...but ill take the win either way.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:16 am
EMan32 wrote:ill take the win. im disappointed that it wasnt a blowout...hell, im disappointed we only won by 2...at least beat the knicks by 5...but ill take the win either way.

Take away that Hail Maryish 3 with just a few ticks left and it would be 5. :wink:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:57 am
Well, it was closer than expected, and we needed an absolutely monster game by Beans on the boards, but a win is a win, no matter the rival.

Time to prepare for Houston...
Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:15 am
Nasty game... just nasty.

But like the rest, I'll take the "W".

BTW: If you see me, say whats up. lol.
http://www.emceet.com | http://www.myspace.com/emceet | good times & bad, go warriors. | @emceet
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:44 pm
A great come from behind win...though we should have never made it so interesting. But a win is a win is a win. A great effort from Andris, congrats on the new career high of 26 boards :D

I also found it to be classic Stephen Jax to go from 9 pts, to the team lead of 20 in a span of 2 minutes. Thats why we love the guy, his shot selection may give us acid reflux, but when he hits 'em...they are huge!
Previous

Return to Game Threads