Game Thread: New Jersey Nets @ Warriors 2008-01-24

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors bounce back and beat the Nets at home?

Poll ended at Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:40 pm

YES
96%
NO
4%

Total votes : 23

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:16 pm
Nice win. Finally a game where the luck went to us a little bit. Monta, again, a great game, but they need to get him some help. Jack played okay in the first, Harrington came alive in the fourth, but nobody other than Monta was consistant. The number that really stands out to me is his 14 of 15 on free throws, or something along those lines. He is really improving, in my opinion. Hope they keep up this momentum.
Last edited by sfsfsfgiants on Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"

All Star
Poster Credit: 10
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:17 pm
if we win, say w's are lucky this time, nets missed two wide open 3 point shots
and hoorey for ellis with a career high
"i wish i was a little bit taller" skee lo
All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:21 pm
monta ellis is a beast!!!!!!! we needed this win!!!!!!!!
All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:22 pm
MONTA!!!!!!

FUTURE OF THE FRANCHISE!!!!
Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:22 pm
Squeaked by tonight. Monta is turning into a star player for us and Harrington finally played well in the 4th. I'll take it.
Three most hated ex warriors: Mike Dunleavy Jr., Tom Gugliotta, Todd Fuller.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:24 pm
We are having rain out here and the Cable went out with 2:45 left in the effing game, so I missed the rest! :evil: :evil: :evil:

W's are the cardiac W's...they just cant stand to beat an inferior team by a lot...

On a night when it seemed as if Baron was not playing well he still nets:

25 pts, 12 rebs, 10 assts, 5 stls... He truly deserves to be an All Star...
This season is not a flop.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:26 pm
Yeah, Baron had one of those Kidd games where he quietly dominates the game, and at the end of it, when you check the statsheet, it shows him with a triple-double, and you are just... :shock:

I had no idea he put up those kinds of numbers. I know he was rebounding like crazy, but he didnt seem to be scoring or getting many assists. Monta was walking it up most of the time. Anyways, yeah, great game by Baron. :mrgreen:
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:27 pm
BoogalooShrimp442 wrote:Three most hated ex warriors: Chris Webber, Tom Gugliotta, Todd Fuller..

For me it goes: Mike Dumbleavy, jr.--Chris Webber--Joe Barry Carroll.
This season is not a flop.
Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:47 pm
Congrats to the win. :)

Too bad I didn't get to see the game. We only have basic cable and it normally doesn't show any basketball game. It sucks to be in Canada.
a.k.a. 33 & 3

"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence win championships." --- Michael Jordan

"My main objective was not to succumb, but to overcome." --- Alonzo Mourning
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:02 am
HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....is AL HARRINGTON use STEROID in 4th Qtr...

Damnnn...He brought us back to the game and Monta is absolutely MONSTERS with new career high....

Now Shaq has new friends J.Boone...HAHAHA :mrgreen:

Nice game..keep going W's

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:11 am
wow.

how terrible was tnt's coverage tonight? first half marv albert refered to monta ellis as being a 1st round pick.

after the game the tnt crew didnt say a word about baron's triple double, or monta ellis and his 39 points. i didnt find out baron had a triple double until i turned on knbr radio. they just said how bad the defense is on both teams, then started talking about western conference all stars. that was a joke of a national broadcast.
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:13 am
EMCEE-

I think you were on TV again bro!!! You made some gesture outside of the Oracle prior to the start of the game and IT LOOKED LIKE IT WAS YOU
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:26 am
sfsfsfgiants wrote:Yeah, Baron had one of those Kidd games where he quietly dominates the game, and at the end of it, when you check the statsheet, it shows him with a triple-double, and you are just... :shock:

I had no idea he put up those kinds of numbers. I know he was rebounding like crazy, but he didnt seem to be scoring or getting many assists. Monta was walking it up most of the time. Anyways, yeah, great game by Baron. :mrgreen:

just got back from the game and watching it live I had NO idea Baron put up that many stats. He seemed to have problems finishing tonight.

Monta kept us in the game early and Al was brilliant in the first 3 min of the 4th qtr.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:42 am
I was at the game too... the clear MVP was Al Harrington. We were down by 8... he kept firing, and kept droppin' em in...

Even with a great shooting night from Monta, still would not have sealed the deal without Al.

That's why my fav Dub is Al Harrington...

PS. Pissed about using Marco as a foul-doll.
http://www.emceet.com | http://www.myspace.com/emceet | good times & bad, go warriors. | @emceet
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:35 am
ChronicallyInclined wrote:wow.

how terrible was tnt's coverage tonight? first half marv albert refered to monta ellis as being a 1st round pick.

after the game the tnt crew didnt say a word about baron's triple double, or monta ellis and his 39 points. i didnt find out baron had a triple double until i turned on knbr radio. they just said how bad the defense is on both teams, then started talking about western conference all stars. that was a joke of a national broadcast.

TNT was pretty darn bad. I can't understand why people hate Barnett so much. Every time I hear another dude doing the expert part I cringe. He's got his faults but come on. How much insight did Reggie Miller bring? He likes us which is cool but he never says anything interesting and wants every block to be called a charge.
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads