Game Thread: Minnesota Timberwolves @ Warriors 2008-01-21

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors extend their win streak to three against the Wolves?

Poll ended at Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:56 pm

YES
100%
NO
No votes

Total votes : 22

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:34 pm
LOL.

Yeah, that was me... I got hit up like CRAAAAAZY saying they saw me on TV.

FUN! ;)

Baron liked the sign...
http://www.emceet.com | http://www.myspace.com/emceet | good times & bad, go warriors. | @emceet
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:35 pm
EmceeT wrote:LOL.

Yeah, that was me... I got hit up like CRAAAAAZY saying they saw me on TV.

FUN! ;)

Baron liked the sign...

I knew that was you! You just posed, pretty cool, and didn’t start flailing your hand or banner or anything. Although I didn’t see any fine chicas in the shot. Wassup with that? :wink:

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: -3
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:59 pm
Yes, it is too early to panic, but we basically gave the Utah Jazz the eigth seed. Sure we can work hard like last year, and with the chemistry and J-Rich coming back from injury .. whoops sorry wrong team. Being a long time Warriors fan, I kind of missed scouting the college players for lottery picks, but thanks to our stellar outing ... those lottery busts picking times are a calling. That Rose kid from Memphis looks pretty good. With the low post scoring of LaMarcus and the driving +1 shots of Roy, we got our treis and more treis which will stick us with that 9th seed unless the Lakers or Hornets start losing players to injuries.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:09 pm
I don't really want to say much on this game, as it was quite depressing and we all know what went wrong, just aout everything. But I do wonder if Nelson will even try bringing Jax off the bench? Just a thought...

Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:46 pm
dareedle wrote:Yes, it is too early to panic, but we basically gave the Utah Jazz the eigth seed. Sure we can work hard like last year, and with the chemistry and J-Rich coming back from injury .. whoops sorry wrong team. Being a long time Warriors fan, I kind of missed scouting the college players for lottery picks, but thanks to our stellar outing ... those lottery busts picking times are a calling. That Rose kid from Memphis looks pretty good. With the low post scoring of LaMarcus and the driving +1 shots of Roy, we got our treis and more treis which will stick us with that 9th seed unless the Lakers or Hornets start losing players to injuries.

check the upcoming schedule and shut the f--- up... you hater...
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:47 pm
mattiri wrote:
dareedle wrote:Yes, it is too early to panic, but we basically gave the Utah Jazz the eigth seed. Sure we can work hard like last year, and with the chemistry and J-Rich coming back from injury .. whoops sorry wrong team. Being a long time Warriors fan, I kind of missed scouting the college players for lottery picks, but thanks to our stellar outing ... those lottery busts picking times are a calling. That Rose kid from Memphis looks pretty good. With the low post scoring of LaMarcus and the driving +1 shots of Roy, we got our treis and more treis which will stick us with that 9th seed unless the Lakers or Hornets start losing players to injuries.

check the upcoming schedule and shut the f--- up... you hater...

Don't worry about him. All his posts are negative. Just ignore it.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:23 am
dareedle wrote:BLAH BLAH BLAH blah BLAH blah BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH blah BLAH blah BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH blah BLAH blah BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH blah BLAH blah BLAH blah BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH blah BLAH blah BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH blah BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH blah BLAH blah BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH blah BLAH blah BLAH blah BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH blah BLAH blah BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH blah BLAHblah BLAH.
:bday:
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:23 am
O.G. Broe wrote:
dareedle wrote:BLAH BLAH BLAH blah BLAH blah BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH blah BLAH blah BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH blah BLAH blah BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH blah BLAH blah BLAH blah BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH blah BLAH blah BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH blah BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH blah BLAH blah BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH blah BLAH blah BLAH blah BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH blah BLAH blah BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH blah BLAHblah BLAH.
:bday:

That made my day... :wink:

As for the game... well, sh*t happens. If only we had had a better shooting night. But I guess these games happen when you live and die by your backcourt players.

The amazing game of Ryan Gomes should also be noticed . I mean, I like the guy. But... how the hell can he go for 35 and 11 against us?. We're not talking about KG, for god's sake...

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: -3
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:46 am
What is the fricking expectation, playoffs, a playoff 1st round win, a lottery pick, continued success for the next 5 years? Besides a first round exit, I don't see our team building on anything else. First, we don't have to best young players signed to long term contracts. Second, we traded our best players for the last 8 or so years for a rookie who get no minutes. Third, our coach and best player have tried extortion tactics on the team (not to mention have kill the development of all our young players). Finally, if the players think that the will win squat with taking ill advised jumpers (which I have witness for the last 10 years) they are completely dillusional (what no Dunleavy to take the blame). Positives: we made the playoffs, we have a winning record, we general win against bad teams, we have Mullie, Mitch (good to have a long term Warriors in the fold, we have a great cap situation (especially if we want to dump BD and steal Kobe from the Fakers, it depends on Buss and Kobe making up or not, Harrington is one of the better PF we have had in a while, the Warriors can D it up when they put their mind to it and go on nice winning streaks. While Warriors fans continue to fall in love in Nellie for one playoff series win, I see the rest of the league (Portland, Lakers, Clippers, Detroit) developing younger players and improving their overall level of play from the start of the season. Here is the essential difference between the the Fakers and Warrriors (without Kobe, the Fakers have played even better at many times of the year, without BD, the Warriors have played less than spetacular. The good news is that we look like the Spurs who have cruised at times this regular season and mailed in games.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:23 am
...damn
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:16 am
Indeed, what are the expectations of a team 2 years out of the league's proverbial toilet? Why shouldn't we expect overnight success? Why shouldn't we demand that the Warriors go from winning 16 games a season to instantaneous NBA champions in the span of one offseason? I mean, it happened to the Celtics, right? It must happen all the time. And if, by some hellish, unfounded predicament that never happens in the real world and couldn't possibly be the case here, we aren't given an undeniably championship quality roster at the beginning of the season, we should bitch nonstop to blow up the core of this team because, hell, what's progress when instantaneous gratification is so much better? Why continue to support a team that's clearly on the rise, when bitching about a 13-year playoff drought (which is over, by the way) is so much more satisfying? By any stretch of the imagination, going from being a basement team, to a fringe team, to a playoff team, to a 2nd round team, and now gaining national media attention and love from the entire country (sans Barkley and dareedle), not to mention pulling off the greatest upset in the history of the league, is a clear-cut sign of a team that's going somewhere. However, we're not getting there fast enough for dareedle's taste, so I suggest we blow up the core, fire Don Nelson, fire Chris Mullin, make a trade for LeBron James, and support a real NBA team. Whose with me?
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:37 am
I dont usually do this so bluntly and if someone makes a point well enough or at least contains enough logic to BE argued with, then I will argue...............

But................dareedle.............you talk rubbish.

Go and become a Miami supporter, I think youd be much happier.

dareedle wrote:dump BD and steal Kobe

Any Warriors "fan" that says that................does not belong here Im affraid.

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:41 pm
32 wrote:Indeed, what are the expectations of a team 2 years out of the league's proverbial toilet? Why shouldn't we expect overnight success? Why shouldn't we demand that the Warriors go from winning 16 games a season to instantaneous NBA champions in the span of one offseason? I mean, it happened to the Celtics, right? It must happen all the time. And if, by some hellish, unfounded predicament that never happens in the real world and couldn't possibly be the case here, we aren't given an undeniably championship quality roster at the beginning of the season, we should bitch nonstop to blow up the core of this team because, hell, what's progress when instantaneous gratification is so much better? Why continue to support a team that's clearly on the rise, when bitching about a 13-year playoff drought (which is over, by the way) is so much more satisfying? By any stretch of the imagination, going from being a basement team, to a fringe team, to a playoff team, to a 2nd round team, and now gaining national media attention and love from the entire country (sans Barkley and dareedle), not to mention pulling off the greatest upset in the history of the league, is a clear-cut sign of a team that's going somewhere. However, we're not getting there fast enough for dareedle's taste, so I suggest we blow up the core, fire Don Nelson, fire Chris Mullin, make a trade for LeBron James, and support a real NBA team. Whose with me?

32 that is so unrealistic... A Kobe Bryant deal is a possibility though :roll: (Sarcasm for the Slow).
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:51 pm
Hey 32, I agree with you, but one thing I wanted to point out.

Post subject: dareedle is the only ****ing person who ever types here

Not true. EmceeT does it every time, as well. Just pointing it out. :wink:
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:03 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:Not true. EmceeT does it every time, as well. Just pointing it out. :wink:

lol. true, i can't leave it blank. :mrgreen:
http://www.emceet.com | http://www.myspace.com/emceet | good times & bad, go warriors. | @emceet
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads