Game Thread: Minnesota Timberwolves @ Warriors 2008-01-21

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors extend their win streak to three against the Wolves?

Poll ended at Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:56 pm

YES
22
100%
NO
0
No votes
 
Total votes : 22

User avatar
Role Player
Posts: 311
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:53 pm
Location: SF Bay Area, USA
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:13 am
Kosta has been playing extensive games as a D-Leaguer... and the game proved it.

Just think... if POB, BW, and MB could get equal amount of playing time...
http://www.emceet.com | http://www.myspace.com/emceet | good times & bad, go warriors. | @emceet
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13536
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:49 am
O'Bryant earned some tick. Especially some he'll be playing in front of his home crowd in Minny. Kosta, too.

I hope we see more of this rookie surge from Don Nelson! The youngsters looked READY against the Bucks.
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image

Starting Lineup
Posts: 935
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2006 7:29 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:57 am
32 wrote:O'Bryant earned some tick. Especially some he'll be playing in front of his home crowd in Minny. Kosta, too.

I hope we see more of this rookie surge from Don Nelson! The youngsters looked READY against the Bucks.


The thing is... I dunno if we will though, but I agree they both earned more PT. Assuming MP is feeling better with his FLU and Barnes is on the ACTIVE list, I don't see either Kosta or POB in the game. Generally, MP and or Barnes is put in the game to play PF with AL shifting over to C.

Starting Lineup
Posts: 935
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2006 7:29 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:58 am
EmceeT wrote:Kosta has been playing extensive games as a D-Leaguer... and the game proved it.

Just think... if POB, BW, and MB could get equal amount of playing time...


I tell you what.. Kosta was ready to play when his number was called...
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5756
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:40 am
Location: On the couch watching sports
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:14 am
I really hope he gets some PT this afternoon. I didnt catch the game on Saturday, and I hope to see what all the hype is about. :wink:

Couple minutes, even, just get him in the game.
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13536
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:03 am
~W~ wrote:
32 wrote:O'Bryant earned some tick. Especially some he'll be playing in front of his home crowd in Minny. Kosta, too.

I hope we see more of this rookie surge from Don Nelson! The youngsters looked READY against the Bucks.


The thing is... I dunno if we will though, but I agree they both earned more PT. Assuming MP is feeling better with his FLU and Barnes is on the ACTIVE list, I don't see either Kosta or POB in the game. Generally, MP and or Barnes is put in the game to play PF with AL shifting over to C.

I hope Barnes is activated and Pietrus is not. If MP doesn't play today, we'll all know for sure that a trade is definitely in the works.
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5756
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:40 am
Location: On the couch watching sports
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:18 am
32 wrote:
~W~ wrote:
32 wrote:O'Bryant earned some tick. Especially some he'll be playing in front of his home crowd in Minny. Kosta, too.

I hope we see more of this rookie surge from Don Nelson! The youngsters looked READY against the Bucks.


The thing is... I dunno if we will though, but I agree they both earned more PT. Assuming MP is feeling better with his FLU and Barnes is on the ACTIVE list, I don't see either Kosta or POB in the game. Generally, MP and or Barnes is put in the game to play PF with AL shifting over to C.

I hope Barnes is activated and Pietrus is not. If MP doesn't play today, we'll all know for sure that a trade is definitely in the works.


Nice to see some other Pietrus haters on here. :mrgreen:
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13536
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:20 am
Dunno if I'd call myself a "hater", moreso than a realist. Pietrus hurts the Warriors when he's in the game. Therefore, I never want to see him out there. I don't think that qualifies as "hating".
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5756
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:40 am
Location: On the couch watching sports
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:23 am
32 wrote:Dunno if I'd call myself a "hater", moreso than a realist. Pietrus hurts the Warriors when he's in the game. Therefore, I never want to see him out there. I don't think that qualifies as "hating".


Call it what you want, it seems like nearly everybody is getting fed up with him. I will have a party when he gets traded. :wink:
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"

Starting Lineup
Posts: 935
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2006 7:29 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:32 am
sfsfsfgiants wrote:I really hope he gets some PT this afternoon. I didnt catch the game on Saturday, and I hope to see what all the hype is about. :wink:

Couple minutes, even, just get him in the game.


I tell you one thing he was in the right position twice so it can just be luck but he put himself in the position to succeed. I must admit the block shot on bogut looked like a foul to me. He looked fluid out there not the great white stiff I was expecting.

Starting Lineup
Posts: 935
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2006 7:29 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:39 am
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
32 wrote:Dunno if I'd call myself a "hater", moreso than a realist. Pietrus hurts the Warriors when he's in the game. Therefore, I never want to see him out there. I don't think that qualifies as "hating".


Call it what you want, it seems like nearly everybody is getting fed up with him. I will have a party when he gets traded. :wink:


I am more dissapointed than anything with his progress because he has the potential to be a very good player but his lack of progress with his dribbling and decision making makes him very dissapointing. One thing is, he is out there competing and he makes mistake because he just doesn't appear to have bball decision making skills but he is playing hard! Then I look at POB, with skills, and decision making but no desire... I wouldn't mind keeping MP but he would have to wake up one day and decide to be better and not style for being okay.

All Star
Posts: 3317
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:33 pm
Location: the STACK
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:29 pm
EmceeT wrote:... Finally a game where I will be COURTSIDE!!! =D =D =D =D

:bday:


and you got on tv! i swear i just saw you holding a "vote for baron" sign
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Image

Starting Lineup
Posts: 935
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2006 7:29 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:33 pm
EMan32 wrote:
EmceeT wrote:... Finally a game where I will be COURTSIDE!!! =D =D =D =D

:bday:


and you got on tv! i swear i just saw you holding a "vote for baron" sign


DUDE that was YOU!@!@
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1770
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:59 pm
Location: oakland
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:34 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:I really hope he gets some PT this afternoon. I didnt catch the game on Saturday, and I hope to see what all the hype is about. :wink:

Couple minutes, even, just get him in the game.


nice to read this post.... :mrgreen:

180 degree turn around.. \:D/
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1787
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:47 pm
Location: Where Da Wild Things R
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:25 pm
I just came into tha thread and tha game is currently in the 3rd so I wont give number predictions, but Warriors will definitely win! :bday:
Image
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron