YES
100%
NO
No votes

Total votes : 15

All Star
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:29 pm
Golden State Warriors (24-17) @ Milwaukee Bucks (16-23)

Start time 5:30 PM PST @ The Bradley Center

Probable starters for the Golden State Warriors
ImageImageImageImageImage
PG - Baron Davis
SG - Monta Ellis
SF - Stephen Jackson
PF - Al Harrington
C - Andris Biedrins

Probable starters for the Milwaukee Bucks
ImageImageImageImageImage
PG - Royal Ivey
SG - Michael Redd
SF - Bobby Simmons
PF - Yi Jianlian
C - Andrew Bogut

Team leaders this season
PPG - B. Davis (22.1) | M. Redd (22.8)
RPG - A. Biedrins (9.4) | A. Bogut (9.0)
APG - B. Davis (8.2) | M. Williams (6.8)
SPG - B. Davis (2.5) | M. Williams (1.4)
BPG - A. Biedrins (1.3) | A. Bogut (1.7)
I've been a Warriors fan since they traded Chris Webber. Can you imagine how that's like....
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:32 pm
Yup, another winnable game that they need to, and should, execute in. This is an important game because of how winnable it is. This is the type of game that they have problems with because they underestimate the lesser quality teams, but it is a game that they NEED to have.

Warriors by 10.
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:33 pm
We need to win this game, Bucks is not a strong team and i will see another good performance from AL....

W's by 12 :wink:
Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:38 pm
baron and montay played a lot of minutes tonight, this game is going to be tough.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:50 pm
This one should be much closer than when the Bucks came into town, but the Warriors should still win. Hopefully we get to see CJ again, I would imagine Baron will be a little winded. Rest him as much as possible in the 2nd & 3rd qtrs. Monta with another 20+. Warriors by 4.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:12 pm
It would be really sweet to get this win, it would almost make up for that win we had stolen from us by Dunny Bunny in Indiana. I say dubz pull out a tough gutty win by 5 points...
I have seen the 49ers win a Superbowl. I have now seen the Giants win a world series. I need one more championship in my lifetime to make my life complete...

Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:26 pm
I disagree with the idea that they'll be tired out when playing this game. I think that win @ chi-town gives the team a lot of momentum (Mainly The Beard & The Mississippi Bullet).

Warriors by 9. Mississippi Bullet will be hot in this game.

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:29 pm
i wanna say this is gonna be an easy one but im not so sure. it looked like baron's legs were losing some juice in todays game. hopefully he has enough to push us thru this too. monta should have another good game, and i cant see harrington having another bad shooting night like he did today. we'll definitely need our bench's help in this one tho. this is the perfect game for barnes and buike to step up.

warriors by 9
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:09 am
We better play our bench a bit more in this game. Against Chicago, we basically played 6 guys (Azu and Pietrus didn't reach the 10 minute mark), and that's too much for a team like us.

Our starters are a lot better than the bench players, but we're gonna have a problem if they keep playing so much. No team can endure a full NBA season with 6 or 7 guys on the rotation.

As for the game itself, if we're not too tired, which is a legit concern at this point, it should be an easy win. Mo Williams is out (and, with all due respect for Royal Ivey, he's merely a backup), Des Mason is out, Yi is not consistent... There's another reason for concern, and that's that Milwaukee plays much better at home than on the road, but, on terms of talent, it should be an easy win.

Dubs by 8. We enter the last quarter winning by 14 and barely manage to keep our lead. The final free throws allow us to win by 8. :wink:
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:20 pm
Tha bench always seems to do good in these type of games so I'm expectin MP and Buike to have a decent night. I love when those two play well because it adds 2 tha flow of things... Our bench is strong IMO
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:01 pm
warriors have been playin great away from oracle

If the Warriors can Jump out the Gates in the 1st quarter and Finish down the STRETCH, we can beat anybody in the league.

warriors by double digits

Look for Al to have a big game
24 pts 6 boards

PLAYOFF PUSH... Its going to come down to the wire this year, there are a lot of playoff worthy teams in the WEST... every game is a must win.

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:44 pm
Interesting matchup today. Baron will be tired I think we need to limit his minutes early to keep him fresh for the 4th quarter.

warriors 104 grizzlies 97
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
Rookie
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:12 pm
Warriors by 13.
a.k.a. 33 & 3

"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence win championships." --- Michael Jordan

"My main objective was not to succumb, but to overcome." --- Alonzo Mourning
Rookie
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:16 pm
I expect a win here. The Bucks just aren't a very scary team in terms of talent. Redd will probably have a good game. For some reason, whenever the opposing team has a streaky shooter ( a la Ben Gordon or Antoine Walker) they seem to be magically able to hit any shot.

Even so, Warriors by 9. I'm confident that Nelly will play his bench because he's got to. Baron and Jackson cannot play another 45 minute game. Baron will playing in a body cast filled with Ultra Strength Bengay by the end of the season. Harrington is going to have to have a good game and he's due (I think I've said this for 3 straight games now, come on Al!).
Three most hated ex warriors: Mike Dunleavy Jr., Tom Gugliotta, Todd Fuller.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:34 pm
I don't know why this number popped into my head, and I hate how low the number, is....... but Warriors by 4
Next

Return to Game Threads