Game Thread: Warriors @ Indiana Pacers 2008-01-16

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors extend their winning streak to four?

Poll ended at Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:06 pm

YES
90%
NO
10%

Total votes : 20

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:13 pm
dareedle wrote:Losing to a so called pathetic Indy team with our so called x-core is just the beginning of the end for the Nellie Warriors. Besides the Knicks, I don't know a team that has had less player development from within the organization. It might have to do with our lousy scouting, lousy GMs and lousy coaches. We have a great record, but it looks like there is no way we make the playoffs because of the level of consistent play of our competition (Portland, Denver, Utah). If we are not going to play our lottery rookies ... trade the fricking pick for a second rounder who is not a guaranteed contract and/or veterans who can contribute off the bench. Why is Nellie our GM ... hasn't he shown with Webber that he makes terrible personell decisions. Instead of having J-Rich helping us take out teams like the Celtics and Orlando, we have Wright decorating the bench .. Darko style. Basically, we are going in one of two directions. A S-Jax turnaround, that will focus on defense and another solid win streak at home for a last minute playoff push, a playoff early exit and another Nellie money grab. Our option 2, our continued disintegration as players (Pietrus, Barnes, Jackson) struggle offensively and eventual dismissal of Nellie as Utah, Denver and Portland secure the final playoff seeds. All I know is that we look more like the Mookie, NVE era (a core of over the hill, talent limited mail it in veterans) than the TMC team (home grown talent). Hopefully we get a keeper with our lottery pick consistent with our gems of Joe Smith, Ike Diogu, Dunleavy, POB, Foyle, and Fuller.

You gotta love that consistent play of the Jazz. And boy did Nellie play hardball with his coach when they were negotiating salaries in the preseason. He's some GM.
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:46 pm
cladden wrote:
dareedle wrote:Losing to a so called pathetic Indy team with our so called x-core is just the beginning of the end for the Nellie Warriors. Besides the Knicks, I don't know a team that has had less player development from within the organization. It might have to do with our lousy scouting, lousy GMs and lousy coaches. We have a great record, but it looks like there is no way we make the playoffs because of the level of consistent play of our competition (Portland, Denver, Utah). If we are not going to play our lottery rookies ... trade the fricking pick for a second rounder who is not a guaranteed contract and/or veterans who can contribute off the bench. Why is Nellie our GM ... hasn't he shown with Webber that he makes terrible personell decisions. Instead of having J-Rich helping us take out teams like the Celtics and Orlando, we have Wright decorating the bench .. Darko style. Basically, we are going in one of two directions. A S-Jax turnaround, that will focus on defense and another solid win streak at home for a last minute playoff push, a playoff early exit and another Nellie money grab. Our option 2, our continued disintegration as players (Pietrus, Barnes, Jackson) struggle offensively and eventual dismissal of Nellie as Utah, Denver and Portland secure the final playoff seeds. All I know is that we look more like the Mookie, NVE era (a core of over the hill, talent limited mail it in veterans) than the TMC team (home grown talent). Hopefully we get a keeper with our lottery pick consistent with our gems of Joe Smith, Ike Diogu, Dunleavy, POB, Foyle, and Fuller.

You gotta love that consistent play of the Jazz. And boy did Nellie play hardball with his coach when they were negotiating salaries in the preseason. He's some GM.

Ha, the first time I read this, I overlooked the fact that Nellie is our GM...I must have missed that press conference. I wonder what poor Mullin will do now :roll:
Previous

Return to Game Threads