Game Thread: Warriors @ Indiana Pacers 2008-01-16

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors extend their winning streak to four?

Poll ended at Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:06 pm

YES
90%
NO
10%

Total votes : 20

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:52 pm
BoogalooShrimp442 wrote:After analyzing ESPN's box score, I see two glaring reason's why the Pacers won this game:

1. Free throw shooting. Indiana made 36 of 38 FT's! Almost 95%! If they shoot their average of 75%, that's 29 of 38, a difference of 9 points. We win.

2. Rebounding. The Pacers out rebounded the W's 55 to 35. Jeff Foster had 12 in 21 minutes. Kareem Rush also looked like a Warrior killer tonight going 5 of 7 from 3 point land.

I had a bad feeling about this one after the 1st quarter. It seemed like every time we had a steal, we chucked a three and got nothing out of it. We have to be up by more than 11 at the end of the quarter when the opposing team commits 14 turnovers and we commit 1 (and in the process setting a record for steals in a quarter). Especially since points off turnovers are this team's bread and butter. Oh well, at least we made history :)

Yeah Kareem Rush was ridiculous good in the 4th. 4/4 from 3's...he was the straw that broke the camel's back :!:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:27 am
Hugh... what an ugly last quarter. The worst of the year, bar none. 46 points allowed in just one quarter, and the last one, to make it worse?. That's ridiculous.

We just didn't do anything defensively in that last period. That just cannot happen. I mean, Rush was great during that last quarter, but some of his shots were too easy, almost uncontested. Maybe we relaxed believing the game was already over, after entering that quarter with a 14 point lead... but that cannot happen to a pro team.

But now it's over, and the best thing about the NBA is that there's always another game soon enough to forget about a loss like this one. Bring on the Bulls!!!.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:50 am
TMC wrote:Hugh... what an ugly last quarter. The worst of the year, bar none. 46 points allowed in just one quarter, and the last one, to make it worse?. That's ridiculous.

We just didn't do anything defensively in that last period. That just cannot happen. I mean, Rush was great during that last quarter, but some of his shots were too easy, almost uncontested. Maybe we relaxed believing the game was already over, after entering that quarter with a 14 point lead... but that cannot happen to a pro team.

But now it's over, and the best thing about the NBA is that there's always another game soon enough to forget about a loss like this one. Bring on the Bulls!!!.

Yeah, I had mentioned that game concerned me. The Ws I believe, relaxed, figuring they were the better team, and also Indy became unconscious on threes, as well as going 33-35 from the line, as the Ws fell apart at the line. Still, 46 points is not all good shooting, there was some woeful defense that last quarter. Sjax is in a miserable shooting slump lately...
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:38 pm
you guys cant tell me tha refs didnt have somethin to do with our loss!! they won fair and square but god damn!!!! biedrins couldnt get a foul 2 save his life!!! wtffffffffffffffffffffffff
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:13 pm
True. Biedrins' bucket at the very end should have been an And1. That would have changed the whole outlook of the game.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:38 pm
speakonitgod wrote:you guys cant tell me tha refs didnt have somethin to do with our loss!! they won fair and square but god damn!!!! biedrins couldnt get a foul 2 save his life!!! wtffffffffffffffffffffffff

It was more than just that one though...a lot of the shots the Warriors missed driving in should have been fouls. But as you said, they won. The Warriors just tanked out at the end

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: -3
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:44 pm
Losing to a so called pathetic Indy team with our so called x-core is just the beginning of the end for the Nellie Warriors. Besides the Knicks, I don't know a team that has had less player development from within the organization. It might have to do with our lousy scouting, lousy GMs and lousy coaches. We have a great record, but it looks like there is no way we make the playoffs because of the level of consistent play of our competition (Portland, Denver, Utah). If we are not going to play our lottery rookies ... trade the fricking pick for a second rounder who is not a guaranteed contract and/or veterans who can contribute off the bench. Why is Nellie our GM ... hasn't he shown with Webber that he makes terrible personell decisions. Instead of having J-Rich helping us take out teams like the Celtics and Orlando, we have Wright decorating the bench .. Darko style. Basically, we are going in one of two directions. A S-Jax turnaround, that will focus on defense and another solid win streak at home for a last minute playoff push, a playoff early exit and another Nellie money grab. Our option 2, our continued disintegration as players (Pietrus, Barnes, Jackson) struggle offensively and eventual dismissal of Nellie as Utah, Denver and Portland secure the final playoff seeds. All I know is that we look more like the Mookie, NVE era (a core of over the hill, talent limited mail it in veterans) than the TMC team (home grown talent). Hopefully we get a keeper with our lottery pick consistent with our gems of Joe Smith, Ike Diogu, Dunleavy, POB, Foyle, and Fuller.

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:57 pm
hahahahaha...woo...thanx for that dareedle...i needed a good laugh
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:19 pm
I don't even know where to start. Why after a loss, though a painful one, is there always someone on the board ready to jump off a bridge.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:37 pm
EMan32 wrote:hahahahaha...woo...thanx for that dareedle...i needed a good laugh

his post subject; "we suck"

LOL :mrgreen:
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:50 pm
JayPat wrote:

his post subject; "we suck"

LOL :mrgreen:

well...once in a while we sure will play some bad game, but we will bounce back soon.
We can't say 'We Suck' yet coz we are still in playoff seed.
We Suck should give it to Miami,Bulls.They are the most disappointed team in the league.
I know Pacers game is really hurt us but...hey lose one game doesn't mean we are 'OVER' okay...so let it go and move on... :wink:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:09 am

:shock: You still try to read his posts???.

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:54 am
TMC wrote:

:shock: You still try to read his posts???.

i was having a pretty slow day...so i figured id read one
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:17 am
Can we not gimmick the spam filter to block out all of dareedle's posts...?
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:13 pm
dareedle wrote:Losing to a so called pathetic Indy team with our so called x-core is just the beginning of the end for the Nellie Warriors.

SUUURPRISE SUURPRISE, dareedle crying like a lil' b*tch again...

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

PATHETIC.

sorry guys for my choice of words, but I gotta call it like i see it.
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads