Game Thread: Warriors @ Indiana Pacers 2008-01-16

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors extend their winning streak to four?

Poll ended at Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:06 pm

YES
90%
NO
10%

Total votes : 20

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:32 pm
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: .............................................ouch.
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:34 pm
What a crappy 4th qtr. They had to eventually lose one of these games when they continually play with fire. I think the next time we have a lead in the 4th, they might want to be a little more agressive and not settle for shots...maybe :banghead:

All Star
Poster Credit: 10
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:37 pm
45 point at fourth, yeah, thank you...
"i wish i was a little bit taller" skee lo
Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:37 pm
EmceeT wrote:Hate to say... but Warriors lose by 5.

:oops:

My home prediction was pretty much dead on... hopefully I'm wrong here.

Warriors lose by 8.

Another pretty dead-on prediction.
http://www.emceet.com | http://www.myspace.com/emceet | good times & bad, go warriors. | @emceet

Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:38 pm
very predictable loss - in fact I had predicted it by voting "no" - back end of a back to back against a team that deserved to win on sunday

this road trip will be 2-2 if we are lucky - I rather predict the first losing road trip of the season...
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:58 pm
F**k!!!.............that was rubbish losing like that in the 4th.

Only positives for me were Barnes breaking out of his funk and Baron having a pretty impressive floor game = 24/6/7/7/2.

Has anyone else noticed how ever since we started ragging on S-Jax, he struggles for most of the game, and hits a couple at the end now?
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:03 pm
bigstrads wrote:Has anyone else noticed how ever since we started ragging on S-Jax, he struggles for most of the game, and hits a couple at the end now?

I personally think that is the player he truly is. A really good defender, decent passer (w/ poor handles) and a clutch shooter. Its almost like he should take all of his shots in the 4th qtr. :!:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:09 pm
sleandres wrote:
bigstrads wrote:Has anyone else noticed how ever since we started ragging on S-Jax, he struggles for most of the game, and hits a couple at the end now?

I personally think that is the player he truly is. A really good defender, decent passer (w/ poor handles) and a clutch shooter. Its almost like he should take all of his shots in the 4th qtr. :!:

Point...........
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:12 pm
bigstrads wrote:
sleandres wrote:

Point...........

My point is............he will only hit clutch shots. He will miss easy shots, a lot of them wide opened, and make the really difficult clutch shots. That is just the way he is wired I guess.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:14 pm
The thing that irritates me is when he misses like ten in a row, but keeps chucking them up, proceding to miss fifteen in a row. It can get old. I love Jackson, but he does need to control himself at times. However, as you guys have said, that all goes out the window in the fourth. He dominates late in games. :mrgreen:
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:14 pm
sleandres wrote:
bigstrads wrote:
sleandres wrote:

Point...........

My point is............he will only hit clutch shots. He will miss easy shots, a lot of them wide opened, and make the really difficult clutch shots. That is just the way he is wired I guess.

:mrgreen: Im sorry man, I meant..........good "Point........."
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:17 pm
this lost is really hurt W's a lot, usually we always dominated the game in 4th qtr but this time we like hit on the wall and no way to go... :banghead:
i am pissed off in my car when i listen KNBR 1050 on my way home...
can't believe it and barnes make a stupid foul and cost us 4 pts.U can't tell referee what to do, that's really hurt us in 4th qtr... :banghead: :banghead:
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:27 pm
bigstrads wrote:
sleandres wrote:
bigstrads wrote:
sleandres wrote:

Point...........

:oops: I'm an ASS...that 4th qtr got me on the defensive I guess
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:02 pm
sleandres wrote:
bigstrads wrote:
sleandres wrote:
bigstrads wrote:
sleandres wrote:

Point...........

:oops: I'm an ASS...that 4th qtr got me on the defensive I guess

Yeah, I'm with you on that, bro. I'm one troll's comment away from snapping. :wink:
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:11 pm
After analyzing ESPN's box score, I see two glaring reason's why the Pacers won this game:

1. Free throw shooting. Indiana made 36 of 38 FT's! Almost 95%! If they shoot their average of 75%, that's 29 of 38, a difference of 9 points. We win.

2. Rebounding. The Pacers out rebounded the W's 55 to 35. Jeff Foster had 12 in 21 minutes. Kareem Rush also looked like a Warrior killer tonight going 5 of 7 from 3 point land.

I had a bad feeling about this one after the 1st quarter. It seemed like every time we had a steal, we chucked a three and got nothing out of it. We have to be up by more than 11 at the end of the quarter when the opposing team commits 14 turnovers and we commit 1 (and in the process setting a record for steals in a quarter). Especially since points off turnovers are this team's bread and butter. Oh well, at least we made history :)
Three most hated ex warriors: Mike Dunleavy Jr., Tom Gugliotta, Todd Fuller.
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads