Game Thread: Warriors @ Minnesota Timberwolves 2008-01-15

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors increase their winning streak to three in Minnesota?

Poll ended at Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:33 pm

YES
96%
NO
4%

Total votes : 27

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:07 am
O.G. Broe wrote:Hey 32 nobody say's "packed" anymore... pretty sure that hasn't been used for the last 25 years.. How old are you again :mrgreen:

22, brother. :wink:

I'm an OG in training.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:43 pm
O.G. Broe wrote:Hey 32 nobody say's "packed" anymore... pretty sure that hasn't been used for the last 25 years.. How old are you again :mrgreen:

Over 30+ years O.G. Early 70's playground lingo. One needed the Darnell Hillman fro to go along with "packing" a shot, back in the day.

http://www.remembertheaba.com/Onlyinthe ... llman.html

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:46 pm

Oh, c'mon. 25 years? No way. I remember using that phrase daily back in 1990 when I was a seventh grade blacktop warrior. That's only 18 years ago.

I think that was the time when all the kids wore those huge sports parkas, especially the Niners, Raiders and Bulls. And on cold mornings when we would play some kid would wear like 4-5 of them at once so they wouldn't have to be left on the ground. Hardcore thugs up in Sonoma County.
StuckInSoCal
(GSW for life)
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:09 pm

Packed isnt too old, man. I hear it, and say it on occassion, and I am 15. It isnt used too much anymore, but you still do hear it.
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:16 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:

Packed isnt too old, man. I hear it, and say it on occassion, and I am 15. It isnt used too much anymore, but you still do hear it.

SF, you're only 15? LOL, it doesn't show. Only on online forums would a 15-year-old dude be debating and talking sports with guys twice and three times his age. I worked as a substitute teacher a few years back between gigs and I would sit in class and talk Warriors basketball with my students.

None of them were as bold as you are. =)
StuckInSoCal
(GSW for life)
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:23 pm
StuckInSoCal wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:

SF, you're only 15? LOL, it doesn't show. Only on online forums would a 15-year-old dude be debating and talking sports with guys twice and three times his age. I worked as a substitute teacher a few years back between gigs and I would sit in class and talk Warriors basketball with my students.

Yeah, surprised some guys on here when I said that a couple months ago. One of the reasons I am on here so much is because none of the guys at school really know a whole lot, so I dont talk to them much. I take a rhetoric class, too, and that teacher is one of the few that knows sports, and he is a big Raider fan, so I gotta give him some sh*t about it every day. I've debated against him a couple of times, and held my own, in my opinion.

I love talking sports, man. :wink:

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:30 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
StuckInSoCal wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:

Yeah, surprised some guys on here when I said that a couple months ago. One of the reasons I am on here so much is because none of the guys at school really know a whole lot, so I dont talk to them much. I take a rhetoric class, too, and that teacher is one of the few that knows sports, and he is a big Raider fan, so I gotta give him some sh*t about it every day. I've debated against him a couple of times, and held my own, in my opinion.

Yeah, as do I. Unfortunately I don't follow the Warriors as closely as the Giants or the Niners, but this is the only forum I post on. I wish I could watch all these damn games. I need to move into a place with a different cable setup so I can get the NBA ticket.
StuckInSoCal
(GSW for life)
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:41 pm
StuckInSoCal wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
StuckInSoCal wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:

Unfortunately I don't follow the Warriors as closely as the Giants or the Niners, but this is the only forum I post on.

I am the same way. I love the Warriors, and I wouldnt miss a game for the world, but the baseball and football are my passions. As I have said earlier, that is why I hardly ever post about basketball unless it is the Warriors. I will get my say in about anybody in baseball and football, though. :wink:
Previous

Return to Game Threads