Game Thread: Warriors @ Minnesota Timberwolves 2008-01-15

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors increase their winning streak to three in Minnesota?

Poll ended at Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:33 pm

YES
96%
NO
4%

Total votes : 27

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:29 pm
WHAT IS UP with AB???

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:32 pm
GET THAT OUTTA HERE POB!@!@
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:38 pm
EmceeT wrote:On a different tip, WTF is up with Biedrins... especially in the past two games...

Yeah, he has been pretty bad. I'm an avid Biedrins supporter, and I cant say anything about this. He has been playing a couple good defenders in O'Neal and Jefferson, but to get an o-fer against a bad team like this is unacceptable.

JOEL wrote:sfsfs i gottta say it was nice to see monta shoot the tech

You mean the one really early? If that is the one, I really liked Jackson giving the technical to Monta when he was hot. He made it, and that made me happy, that Jackson is a team player like what he is.

JOEL wrote:sfsfs wtf how did u call austin off the line?

Austin is a very good free throw shooter. 90 some percent for his career. I wish Nellie would utilize his role players like that a little bit more. I said it last year with Sarunas and this year with Croshere and Hudson. I DISPISE missed free throws. Baron did terrible... again... tonight.

~W~ wrote:GET THAT OUTTA HERE POB!@!@

It was kind of nice to see hometown boy get some playing time. It was obvious that he wanted to shoot it, though. He is gone next year, I bet. :|

On another note, did anybody else see Jackson flip off someone? Maybe the fans? They zoomed in right on it. I hope he doesnt get suspended for that..... He is too important to lose.
Last edited by sfsfsfgiants on Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:43 pm
Another game that should have been a laugher was made very interesting. But I guess a win is a win, especially on the road. Congrats on the 12th road win Warriors, tying for all of last season.

~W~ wrote:WHAT IS UP with AB???

The report on KNBR was that he had a "deep thigh bruise". I wouldn't be surprised if he has whatever bug was going around that Monta and Jax had.
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:45 pm
whoever had Biedrins on Fantasy league....probably will pissed off... :mrgreen: for tonite game.
No matter how bad they played as long we WIN the game....
noone would talked much about bad play or turnover when they win the game.
Nice one...and Hopefully tomorrow we can beat Pacers
All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:51 pm
M. Pietrus had a solid game
He made a couple of nice shots/plays
23:42 mins
4-7 10pts
0 turnovers
4 boards
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:57 pm
Croshere looked pretty good too. He seems to be busting his ass to get more minutes. It will be interesting to see how long he can keep it up, hopefully he can have a nice road trip. I would rather see Brandan Wright, but who knows if that will happen this year. Keep it up Crow!
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:29 pm
dbw415 wrote:M. Pietrus had a solid game
He made a couple of nice shots/plays
23:42 mins
4-7 10pts
0 turnovers
4 boards

Pietrus did have some good plays. He filled up the stat sheet nicely, I can give him that. However, of those 3 that he missed, they were all ugly ass threes that he chucked up. He also had four dumb fouls... again. I'm not hating on him... just saying. :wink:
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:32 pm
peinerus has gotta go.. mullie has time and will make it happen
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:01 pm
Pietrus had at least two fouls down the stretch that were completely unnecessary and put the Wolves on the line. One was after a contest three point shot he chucked and missed, and was frustrated and hacked McCants for no good reason. I really don't want him out there during crunch time.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:06 am
I can't believe they didn't call a foul when Azubuike got absolutely pummeled by Craig Smith which was noticeable as hell. That was HUGE because Walker went down the court and hit a three to cut the lead to 8.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:17 am
Good win that I also missed, because I never get to see games against bad teams. Not much to talk about, other it looked like the win was never in danger, going from the boxscore.
Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:30 am
Couple of player reports:

AB has been off the last three games. He looks tired; he doesn;t have his legs on him when he wants to go up. That pick and pass from BD in the second when over his head--usually he'd be able to grab that and put it up in one motion. In the Grizzlies game (I think) he got hit in the leg with a knee at full speed and came out of the game immediately; maybe that is still bothing him. But 0-for? Its defenitely dead legs, for whatever reason.

Banres really picked in up this game. Even last game, he pretty much was just making hustle plays, and maybe that grounded him a bit. He's the energy guy that is there for loose balls, grabbing boards, and getting the occasional open shot. I think he's returning to that position and its good to see.

Monta is just nasty.

BD looking good. Especially nice to see him get long stretches of down time during a game, like he did in the second.

Jack is super streaking, even within a game, and had been looking out of control the last couple of weeks. But I'll defend him tonight. He played within himself, didn;t make the bad turnovers, didn't try to back down anyone, eneded up 7-15 from the field. Not only is that a fair %, but he limited him number of shots, and that's important.

Croshere had a great game. I love his effort, his willingness to through himself into the game. That's what a backup is supposed to do. I still get concerned about him taking too many shots outside (though I know he's a pretty solid shooter), as I don;t think its his place to take those shots.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:12 am
Patrick O'Bryant was on pace to grab 48 rebounds if he'd have played every minute last night. :mrgreen:

He was also on pace to get packed 48 times. :banghead:
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:01 am
Hey 32 nobody say's "packed" anymore... pretty sure that hasn't been used for the last 25 years.. How old are you again :mrgreen:
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads