Game Thread: Indiana Pacers @ Warriors 2008-01-13

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

How will the fans react to the return of Dunleavy and Murphy in Oakland?

Poll ended at Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:18 pm

Positive reaction
24%
Negative reaction
76%

Total votes : 25

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:16 pm
EmceeT wrote:Dunleavy makes 20+ points, Murphy less than 10... both get boo'd.

Warriors by 6.

Dunleavy made about 20 points.
Murphy scored 4 (less than 10).
Warriors won by 5.

Pretty damn good prediction. :-o

Oh yeah, both got boo'd (when I upload to YouTube I'll post it here).
http://www.emceet.com | http://www.myspace.com/emceet | good times & bad, go warriors. | @emceet

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:22 pm
t that was a great prediction.. only thing is this bro reposting it takes away from the greatness
Rookie
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:26 pm
migya wrote:Nice avatar BoogalooShrimp442 :wink:

Alba is the warrior queen :)

Looks like we squeaked by tonight. I was wrong on every prediction I made (good game by jackson, lots of assists from Baron, etc.) but Monta saved the day. It's nice to have 3 or 4 guys who could go off for 30 points on any given night.
Three most hated ex warriors: Mike Dunleavy Jr., Tom Gugliotta, Todd Fuller.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:20 pm
Very good win in the end—and great game by Super Monta and King Baron. Croshere played very well, too (banged, boarded, dished, and was scrappy).

Three funny plays: Baron falls in and gets lost with the cheerleaders :D ; Jax gets fouled and gets blindfolded by his headband, walking off, muttering something :mrgreen: ; Monta gets taken out by T-Murph’s booty :shock: .
Role Player
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:46 pm
CjR wrote:Baron falls in and gets lost with the cheerleaders

Now I'm SURE that was an accident... (laugh)

BTW: The pic of me and Jim Barnett was from todays game... I got a 1969 Jim Barnett WARRIORS card signed by him too...
http://www.emceet.com | http://www.myspace.com/emceet | good times & bad, go warriors. | @emceet
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:23 am
EmceeT wrote:
CjR wrote:Baron falls in and gets lost with the cheerleaders

Now I'm SURE that was an accident... (laugh)

Yeah, I’m sure he planned it. Probably saw some nachos in there, too. :mrgreen:

EmceeT wrote: BTW: The pic of me and Jim Barnett was from todays game... I got a 1969 Jim Barnett WARRIORS card signed by him too...

Nice pic & avatar with Barnett. But he played for the Warriors from 71 to 74.
I’m not sure about the ‘69, though, unless that was a Baron card from tonight in the cheerleader section :mrgreen:

Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:33 am
i didn't have the chance to watch certain parts of the game...but i heard something about Ellis just got fired up due to some confrontation with jamal tinsley. what happened and is that true?
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:00 am
goldenstate0fmind wrote:i didn't have the chance to watch certain parts of the game...but i heard something about Ellis just got fired up due to some confrontation with jamal tinsley. what happened and is that true?

You bet your bottom dollar.

Ellis had the ball on a fast break and was about to go past by Tinsley. But once he tried going around, Tinsley bumped Monta as if they were on the turf, not the court. Monta got pissed and went up to him. The refs and teams separated the two before anything happened. Flagrant foul was called on Tinsley. Monta starts shooting a higher percentage the rest of the game. Smart move by Tinsley. :roll:
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:24 am
EmceeT wrote:BTW: The pic of me and Jim Barnett was from todays game... I got a 1969 Jim Barnett WARRIORS card signed by him too...

Nice to see you, EmceeT. :wink:

As for the game, I missed it (as I do with most of the games with bad teams. I got the Blazers at Raptors one yesterday... and the NFL playoffs, of course), which mean I don't have much to comment. Just that I'm glad we won.

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:32 am
kinda sucks that murphy got booed. i wouldnt have booed him if i were at the game. definitely would have booed dunny tho. he was quoted after the game at saying something along the lines of:

"i cant blame them ya know? i wouldnt have had it any other way. i mean how could you care about a bunch of people that you dont even respect?"
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:31 am
yeah, Monta was HUGE down the stretch. That is nice to see. And Beans had an enourmous tip in at the end of the game. Even Barnes made a shot :shock:

Nice that we win a game when we dont bring our "A" game. Not sure we even brought our B or C game to this one but we battled back and got the win.
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:21 am
#1, Jamaal Tinsley is a cheapshot artist and Monta torched him after that cowardly shoulder check. Nice going, Jamaal. Sock a guy that weighs as much as your leg. You're a real tough guy.

#2, Dunleavy obviously HELLA wanted to win that game... but his missed free throw down the stretch could very well have been what did the Pacers in. Classic Mike D.

#3, Jermaine O'Neal is a BEAST and was, basically, playing Wack-a-Mole with all our inside shots. Not even Al Harrington (whose played great against big men this year) had any chance of slowing him down.

#4, Who else jumped outta their seat when SJax crossed up Dunleavy and jammed it all over him???
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:15 pm
Theres not much to say other than they didn't play that well, and still won. Dunleavy played pretty well and choked at the end...I was sitting next to Pacers' fans yesterday, of course I asked if they were as enomored with him as all of us are :mrgreen: And Jamal Tinsley is a punk ass. It would have been great to see someone knock him on his ass, but Monta's reaction was better...a **** in your face dunk, and a great 4th qtr!
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:13 pm
32 wrote:#4, Who else jumped outta their seat when SJax crossed up Dunleavy and jammed it all over him???

:mrgreen: I did.

I was hoping Mike would try to block Monta's dunk on the fast break. That would've been sick and nasty. I would've clowned on Dungheap even more.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:15 pm
^^^^We all know Dungboy would never try and contest a shot, all he knows how to do is flop!

.....instead he cowered away as monta soared high above the rim!
I have seen the 49ers win a Superbowl. I have now seen the Giants win a world series. I need one more championship in my lifetime to make my life complete...
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads