Game Thread: Memphis Grizzlies @ Warriors 2008-01-11

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will the Warriors bounce back and take one against the Grizzlies?

Poll ended at Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:12 pm

YES
88%
NO
12%

Total votes : 17

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:17 am
J-Rich wrote:Hey sfsfs! Alot of what I say is what a coach would tell his team... I could careless for a team that beats up on weak teams like Seattle and Memphis...Give me one where they control a team on their home court don't...teams like the Pistons, N.O., and the Blazers. Even with S-Jax back we can't even stay in the game with opponents on the road! :!:

Also, we are not a better team than Dallas right now! Just because of what our previous record says!

Ummmm... why do you single me out? I never said we were better than Dallas, Detroit, New Orleans, or Portland.... I dont follow you here.... I agree with you, that they need to play better against quality opponents...
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:57 am
Hey I wan't singling you out! You just happened to be the last responder prior to mine. It's not a personal thing ok? 8)
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:26 am
Easy win, as expected. Memphis sucks, we allowed a season night by Gasol but even that didn't put in danger the win. The last quarter only made it a bit more "respectable" for Memphis.

Davis was amazing in this game, moving the ball so well that he ended with 19 assists for just 1 TO, and proving, once again, that he should be going to the all star. I don't think he'll be snubbed this year, considering our record and how well he's playing.

Also Watson is proving to be worth keeping after his 10-day contract is over.

I just wonder why Wright didn't play. This is the kind of game that Nellie could have used to give him minutes...
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:34 am
TMC wrote:Also Watson is proving to be worth keeping after his 10-day contract is over.

Yep. I'd love to keep this kid for the rest of the season. I'd rather have him spelling Davis than seeing what Payton has left in the tank.

TMC wrote:I just wonder why Wright didn't play. This is the kind of game that Nellie could have used to give him minutes...

Yeah, that puzzles me. He should be playing over Croshere, IMO. What I think is going on is that Nelson is trying to see what Austin can do for us and if he can. If not, he'll start playing Wright above him.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:29 am
J-Rich wrote:Hey I wan't singling you out! You just happened to be the last responder prior to mine. It's not a personal thing ok? 8)

Oh... well, in that case, as I said, yeah, I agree with you. They need to show up more against better teams. I anticipate they will, as well. They have the talent. It is just a matter of whether or not their shots are falling.
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:03 pm
xbaywarrior wrote:
TMC wrote:Also Watson is proving to be worth keeping after his 10-day contract is over.

Yep. I'd love to keep this kid for the rest of the season. I'd rather have him spelling Davis than seeing what Payton has left in the tank.

TMC wrote:I just wonder why Wright didn't play. This is the kind of game that Nellie could have used to give him minutes...

Yeah, that puzzles me. He should be playing over Croshere, IMO. What I think is going on is that Nelson is trying to see what Austin can do for us and if he can. If not, he'll start playing Wright above him.

Though I agree that I'd rather give meaningless minutes to Wright than Croshere I don't get why people hate Austin so much. So far this season he's been everything he was advertised as being I think. Dependable. Doesn't make stupid mistakes. Can score a little and rebound pretty well. If the game is on the line I don't mind having him in there.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:09 pm
cladden wrote:Though I agree that I'd rather give meaningless minutes to Wright than Croshere I don't get why people hate Austin so much. So far this season he's been everything he was advertised as being I think. Dependable. Doesn't make stupid mistakes. Can score a little and rebound pretty well. If the game is on the line I don't mind having him in there.

It's nothing against Croshere. It's more... desire to see Wright on the court. And games like this one are the only chances Wright's gonna have, 'cos he won't be in Nellie's mind if the game's on the line.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:07 pm
Are you guys really saying you want to see Wright at center? 'Cause that's pretty much all Croshere is doing is spelling AB and Al at the 5. I', on board with giving BWright more time, but its not Croshere that's praying in his spot. Its more like Barnes is taking the time.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:49 pm
Great game...a hot 1st qurter just like I asked for :mrgreen: As far as for Brandan Wright...he needed to get in that game at some point. It doesn't matter what position, he needs inutes in a game like this!
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:59 am
drazz wrote:Are you guys really saying you want to see Wright at center?

We want to see him playing, no matter where. Ideally, it would be at PF with Beans at center, but against certain rivals, he might play some center.

In any case, all we want is to see him play some minutes in games that are already decided.
Previous

Return to Game Threads