Game Thread: Warriors @ Portland Trail Blazers 2008-01-09

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors stop the red hot Blazers?

Poll ended at Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:19 pm

YES
17
85%
NO
3
15%
 
Total votes : 20

User avatar
Role Player
Posts: 311
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:53 pm
Location: SF Bay Area, USA
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:05 pm
+/-

Near the end of 3rd Qtr.

Davis -28
Ellis -25
Jackson -27
Azubuike -19
Biedrins -13

Pietrus +6
Watson +6
Wright +1
Belinelli +1
Croshere 0

Nelly needs to make the starters work harder for their position... just b/c you are a "star" shouldn't mean sh*t.
http://www.emceet.com | http://www.myspace.com/emceet | good times & bad, go warriors. | @emceet
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5756
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:40 am
Location: On the couch watching sports
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:05 pm
Yeah, this was pretty bad. We havnt had a game all year that the starters did absolutely nothing. At least in the Pistons game, they came to play. They got numbers, and they made an effort. The bench played much better than the starters did today, and that is unacceptable. Props to the bench, but this was a game that we needed to win, and the starters just let us down. Tough game. We need to regroup for Friday.
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"

Rookie
Posts: 89
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:26 pm
Location: Sacramento
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:07 pm
Thank goodness the schedule gets MUCH easier after this game.....(at least for the rest of the month).

Is it just me or does any one else feel like Captain Jack tries to do a little too much. QUIT dribbling the ball!!!!!!

All Star
Posts: 3317
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:33 pm
Location: the STACK
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:13 pm
theres something about playing in portland that makes our starters suck. i dont know what it is...but damn.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Image
User avatar
Role Player
Posts: 311
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:53 pm
Location: SF Bay Area, USA
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:13 pm
Belinelli & Wright need more playing time.

Watson needs to become a permanent Warrior.
http://www.emceet.com | http://www.myspace.com/emceet | good times & bad, go warriors. | @emceet

All Star
Posts: 3317
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:33 pm
Location: the STACK
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:16 pm
its a lil early to say that. but he did look good today and i wouldnt be suprised if he ends up finishing the season with us
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Image
User avatar
Site Admin
Posts: 2240
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 11:43 pm
Location: Foster City, CA
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:17 pm
yeah i think cj is a keeper. about the only positive from this game
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5756
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:40 am
Location: On the couch watching sports
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:21 pm
As others have said, CJ played great today. It isnt the numbers that he puts up, but the way that he does them. He looks like he knows what he is doing, and that is all you can ask out of him at this point. It seems like he knows his role, and knows his limitations. He could have easily been an ass and chucked them up every time he got it, but he didnt. He passed it around, picked his spots, and made it when he picked them. That is the way basketball is meant to be played. He plays it the right way. I love watching him in there, and hope to see him some more.

I know you cant judge him from just one game, but that game exceeded my expectations of him. I think Nellie saw it, too.
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"

All Star
Posts: 1910
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:43 am
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:26 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:Yeah, this was pretty bad. We havnt had a game all year that the starters did absolutely nothing. At least in the Pistons game, they came to play. They got numbers, and they made an effort. The bench played much better than the starters did today, and that is unacceptable. Props to the bench, but this was a game that we needed to win, and the starters just let us down. Tough game. We need to regroup for Friday.


I don't think Portland on the road is a game we need to win, bro. In fact, I think it's a game we'd have a hard time winning. We just played the Spurs (OT, no less), then we travel to Portand, one of the toughest places to play on the road this year. And we lose.

Where does that leave us? At the end of one of the toughest parts of our schedule, still in the number 8 spot with 20 wins, with the teams in front of us with 21 wins, 22 wins, 23 wins, 24 wins, 25 wins...

We've more or less weathered the storm in the past two weeks, and now have these upcoming opponents: Memphis, Indiana, @ Minnesota, @ Indiana, @ Chicago, @ Milwaukee, Minnesota, New Jersey and New York.

Baron and company can push the team for a 6-3, maybe even 7-2 record during this stretch. Then we won't even care about Portland.
StuckInSoCal
(GSW for life)
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5756
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:40 am
Location: On the couch watching sports
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:32 pm
StuckInSoCal wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:Yeah, this was pretty bad. We havnt had a game all year that the starters did absolutely nothing. At least in the Pistons game, they came to play. They got numbers, and they made an effort. The bench played much better than the starters did today, and that is unacceptable. Props to the bench, but this was a game that we needed to win, and the starters just let us down. Tough game. We need to regroup for Friday.


I don't think Portland on the road is a game we need to win, bro.


I meant that in terms of our records. It would have been nice to win in there, knock them out at home, and get closer to them in the standings... possibly even pass them. Very similar to my stance about the New Orleans game. I wasnt fully expecting them to win, but, in my opinion, it was a game that we needed to win. I'm not too worried, yet, but I would like to see some W's out there. That is why I'm glad to see some easy games coming up.
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"

All Star
Posts: 1910
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:43 am
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:35 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
StuckInSoCal wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:Yeah, this was pretty bad. We havnt had a game all year that the starters did absolutely nothing. At least in the Pistons game, they came to play. They got numbers, and they made an effort. The bench played much better than the starters did today, and that is unacceptable. Props to the bench, but this was a game that we needed to win, and the starters just let us down. Tough game. We need to regroup for Friday.


I don't think Portland on the road is a game we need to win, bro.


I meant that in terms of our records. It would have been nice to win in there, knock them out at home, and get closer to them in the standings... possibly even pass them. Very similar to my stance about the New Orleans game. I wasnt fully expecting them to win, but, in my opinion, it was a game that we needed to win. I'm not too worried, yet, but I would like to see some W's out there. That is why I'm glad to see some easy games coming up.


Right on. Go Dubs!
StuckInSoCal
(GSW for life)
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3042
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:42 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:03 pm
The hopefuls out of this were, especially Watson, and Belinelli. The starters stunk it up tonight - it happens. The Ws are not as good a team as Portland right now, but Portland is playing better ball than anyone except the celtics at this point. They are the 8th seed and probably rightly so. That means they are around the 11th best team in the league and would be 3rd or 4th in the East. If they can get a deeper bench they may get better than that.
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
User avatar
Role Player
Posts: 311
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:53 pm
Location: SF Bay Area, USA
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:36 pm
coltraning wrote:They are the 8th seed and probably rightly so.


Warriors are the 10th seed, skill wise IMO.
http://www.emceet.com | http://www.myspace.com/emceet | good times & bad, go warriors. | @emceet

Role Player
Posts: 219
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 10:25 pm
Location: Pinole
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:12 am
i love coming to this board after a bad game. I'm normally a pessimistic person, so when they dubs lose I get really pissed, and after this loss its good to know that some positives came out of this game.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, the Blazers should start traveling now so that will be a test for them.

But thank God that most of our hard stuff is over. Good job keeping the morale up guys.
DUBBBIN’ !
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:20 am
Good things about this game:

1.- CJ Watson looks like a decent player, at least. He might have a future as our backup for the rest of the season if he plays like this every game.

2.- Beli looked better than he did in any other game I've seen this year.

3.- The backups got a ton of minutes.

Bad points... well, anything else.


At least, we now have the Grizzlies to bounce back.
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron