Game Thread: New Orleans Hornets @ Warriors 2008-01-04

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Can the Warriors bounce back at home against the Hornets?

Poll ended at Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:14 pm

88%
YES
14
13%
NO
2

Total votes: 16

User avatar

Starting Lineup
Posts: 773
» Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:34 pm
Biedrins is getting PWNED by the oposing team's center as usual.


He is a real liablity on defense when facing even slightly above average centers...
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 5705
» Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:47 pm
loyaltyisacurse wrote:Biedrins is getting PWNED by the oposing team's center as usual.


He is a real liablity on defense when facing even slightly above average centers...


Biedrins is getting PWNED by Tyson Chandler, a guy that averages 13 some rebounds a game against everybody. Nobody helps him on boards. He is all on his own. Anyone would get PWNED in this situation.
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 5705
» Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:56 pm
I will say this about the game: even though they are probably going to lose this game, New Orleans isnt as good as they played tonight, and they certainly arent a three seed in the West. They are a sixth or so, but not a top five. The Warriors beat themselves in this game, choosing to chuck up the three rather than go inside, which was working all game. Chris Paul is a very good player. He isnt a dominating player. A lot of the shots he made tonight were very lucky, in my opinion. Chucking it up with 1 on the clock. Passing blindly where the defense wasnt. He got VERY lucky tonight. I think that the Warriors would beat them 7 times out of 10. I know you guys will probably disagree with me, but this was an EASILY winnable game, but they just couldnt execute on a consistant basis. Peja picked this game to play well, and Chandler picked this game to decide to come out and score

This game pisses me off because it was so winnable. Whatever. This was BULLSHIT!
Last edited by sfsfsfgiants on Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar

Starting Lineup
Posts: 773
» Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:59 pm
W's are not playing good b-ball in the past few games... I think they will get out of the kind of funk they are in, but there are too many good teams this year to have too many more lapses against teams they are directly competing with for playoff position.
User avatar

Starting Lineup
Posts: 773
» Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:04 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
loyaltyisacurse wrote:Biedrins is getting PWNED by the oposing team's center as usual.


He is a real liablity on defense when facing even slightly above average centers...


Biedrins is getting PWNED by Tyson Chandler, a guy that averages 13 some rebounds a game against everybody. Nobody helps him on boards. He is all on his own. Anyone would get PWNED in this situation.
Yeah, but a guy avg. 12 and 12 vs. Biedrins gets 22 and 22...That is pretty much getting PWNED

I would be curious to compare each opposing Center's stats vs AB and their season avg.

When I have more time, I will post it...
Last edited by loyaltyisacurse on Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1099
» Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:06 pm
Brandan Wright played well in his limited minutes. I see him taking pt from al and pietrus in the next few months.
User avatar

Role Player
Posts: 224
» Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:10 pm
loyaltyisacurse wrote:W's are not playing good b-ball in the past few games... I think they will get out of the kind of funk they are in, but there are too many good teams this year to have too many more lapses against teams they are directly competing with for playoff position.


we are not right now. We need a trade I think to improve our bench not a blockbuster trade or anything just may trade pietrus for someone who can produce right now. We need more bench production hopefully from who we have right now but if we need to get it from outside then so be it.

All Star
Posts: 2035
» Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:10 pm
The key to this team winning is the production of Monta! The last two games have not been good! Once again Andris gets dominated by a center who came up with a 22-22 game. Not acceptable since Chandler is not a big body like the other centers who have dominated him!
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 21732
» Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:12 pm
The third quarter was onesided to Hornets. The team competed but looks like the outside shooting of Mo Peterson and Peja was a big difference. Monta also had a shocker in the minutes he played

All Star
Posts: 2035
» Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:13 pm
Scary times for the W's! They can't afford to lose a few games and drop out of the playoff spot with the play of the Hornets. Also, the Jazz who are slowly getting back into the groove...

Rookie
Posts: 28
» Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:18 pm
loyaltyisacurse wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
loyaltyisacurse wrote:Biedrins is getting PWNED by the oposing team's center as usual.


He is a real liablity on defense when facing even slightly above average centers...


Biedrins is getting PWNED by Tyson Chandler, a guy that averages 13 some rebounds a game against everybody. Nobody helps him on boards. He is all on his own. Anyone would get PWNED in this situation.
Yeah, but a guy avg. 12 and 12 vs. Biedrins gets 22 and 22...That is pretty much getting PWNED

I would be curious to compare each opposing Center's stats vs AB and their season avg.

When I have more time, I will post it...


pwnz0r, That's becouse Warriors are small team, mostly they are playing small, nobody helps Andris. Biedrins is the only one good rebounder in entire team, but he's still young player, other teams almost always are out-rebounding W's.

AB 31 mins
Chandler 41 mins
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 2557
» Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:34 pm
Biedrins and Baron, while they were the best players on the team tonight, were also the reasons we lost. They both got PWNED as loyaltyisacurse put it. Biedrins lets yet another opposing center have a career night while Chris Paul shows Baron how the point guard position is meant to be run.
User avatar

Starting Lineup
Posts: 661
» Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:35 pm
Damn, this game was nasty from the start.

When we dont shoot well, we lose. That's it.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 3074
» Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:02 am
I thought Monta Ellis and Peja were X-factors. Monta couldn't get ANYTHING going, and Peja made almost all of his shots.

Thoughts of Brandan Wright: I was very impressed. However, I thought Nelson made a grave error in putting him (a 4) against MoPete, who is a perimeter player. Peterson exposed the mismatch early and Nelson should have put Wright on West instead of taking him out.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 3040
» Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:26 am
I was at the game, and a few things stood out: 1) Chris Paul is a REAL point guard, one who has no ego and looks to involve his teammates first. He is a beautiful player and I think he has passed Nash as the best point guard in the league.

2) Baron is an extraordinary talent who looks for his shot first, which is a crying shame, because when he does get his teammates involved, the team is wonderful. I counted at least four occasions where Baron just walked the ball up, didn't even make a pretense of looking for his teammates and clanked an off-line long distance shot. The difference between him and the great PGs like Nash, Williams, Kidd and Paul, is they are happiest setting up their teammates, whereas that is only a sporadic instinct for Baron, who seems to transport himself to the land of one on one way too often. It is pure ego. He has it going on a lot, and that is great, but he needs to be smart and humble enough to recognize when he doesn't. The Ws desperately need a point guard to spell him. he played the first 45 minutes of the game, and when he is tired is when the jacking of ill-advised shots really kicks in.

The Ws had closed it to 4 points, Harrington had it going on, when Baron jacked up 3 consecutive contested threes, despite being off. That is just "I'm the man, and I am gonna school this punk motherf**ker Paul", machismo bullshit, and it happens way too often. He shot us out of the game, and my entire section was screaming for him to pass the ball. "There are 4 other players on your team" was on of the more printable comments. Baron still thinks he is the strongest and fastest dude on the court, and mostly he is, but he needs to recognize when that is not the case, like against CPaul tonight.

3) I counted at least 8 occasions where Biedrins was knocked off the ball or had it taken out of his hands. Yet another center having a career night against him. When do we face that he is a weak defender? On the other hand, it is about the best I saw him play offensively, and why the Ws stopped working the pick and roll to him is beyond me, since the Hornets could not stop it.

This was a 2nd straight game where the Ws had a great inside game going (34/54 tonight inside the arc) and abandoned it for the errant three.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 1 guest