Game Thread: Warriors @ Denver Nuggets 2007-12-30

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors bounce back and take one in Denver?

Poll ended at Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:31 pm

YES
77%
NO
23%

Total votes : 13

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:34 pm
Great win! Great to go to their house and pay them back for barely winning here. The team is showing that they are definately playoff material with their stepping up at the end of games and finishing teams off.

Iverson having a bad game was the difference and Baron played a great game

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:51 pm
Another impressive road win! I love the home-and-home because it gave us a chance to immediatley redeem for the loss. They really are proving that they can hang in the West
Role Player
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:08 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
Monta8 wrote:As much as I like Monta Ellis Nelley should not let him shoot jump shots. Go to the hoop and dish it out he is good at that he sucks as a shooter unfortunatly. Good D so far I hope we see Brandon Wright play but I say that every game and he never plays.

Monta has a good midrange jumpshot, especially from the right elbow. I agree with you to a point: I dont like him shooting threes unless he is wide open. If he steps in two feet, though, I love that shot. He seems to be getting better every year with it. He needs to work on his consistancy, though.

Wright wont play unless they get a twenty-some point lead, which wont happen. I would love to see Wright on Anthony, though, just to see how he would do. It seems like a perfect matchup for him: quick, long, athletic big men.

While I agree with you that Monta has been getting better his midrange jumpshot it dreadfu every 3 games or so he will have an ok shooting night which is ok cause that is not his game. He is fast can finish at the basket almost like AI to a certain extent granted not as good as AI.
Cohan and Nelly are gone!!!
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:32 pm
Monta8 wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
Monta8 wrote:As much as I like Monta Ellis Nelley should not let him shoot jump shots. Go to the hoop and dish it out he is good at that he sucks as a shooter unfortunatly. Good D so far I hope we see Brandon Wright play but I say that every game and he never plays.

Monta has a good midrange jumpshot, especially from the right elbow. I agree with you to a point: I dont like him shooting threes unless he is wide open. If he steps in two feet, though, I love that shot. He seems to be getting better every year with it. He needs to work on his consistancy, though.

Wright wont play unless they get a twenty-some point lead, which wont happen. I would love to see Wright on Anthony, though, just to see how he would do. It seems like a perfect matchup for him: quick, long, athletic big men.

While I agree with you that Monta has been getting better his midrange jumpshot it dreadfu every 3 games or so he will have an ok shooting night which is ok cause that is not his game. He is fast can finish at the basket almost like AI to a certain extent granted not as good as AI.

Oh, of course I would much rather have him driving to the lane, and either dishing it out, or taking it himself, but I am okay with him shooting the jumper as long as he isnt taking us out of the game by taking it.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:58 pm
That’s the way to play. And it helped that Iverson was ice cold, this time, and seemed a bit sluggish. Although we did play better D overall. We played controlled ball, shot good 3s, took it to the rack more, and shot FTs in the 4th.

Two days ago, Denver shot very well, but we still had a chance to win. On how we finished, here’s the stat I wanted to see:

Both games were pretty close entering the 4th:

Tonight’s game:
For the game, we only had a total of 28 FTs attempts, but 12 of those were in the 4th.
Result: Win by 10

Two Days ago:
FT attempts we had in the 4th? 2
Result: Loss by 4
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:03 pm
shiiitt...i went to KINGS city /Sacramento and i turned on the TV and the comcast is Kings and Suns....also i thought i could listen the KNBR radio but what i heard is futching something car sales voice on 680 AM.

when i get back home and check the score i felt like 'ok that's a good news'....

This time we slow down AI (i guess) from the box score i saw....nice job.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:07 am
This team continues to surprise. I would have picked a home and home, but the other way around. Oh, and for the record, Monta is 7th among all SG in fg %, 2nd only to Biedrins on our team (and AB is mainly dunks) and has a sweet mid-range, so he hardly qualifies as sucking as a shooter...
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:14 am
Wasn't able to watch the game anywhere (got the Bulls at NY instead :banghead: ), so I can only talk from the boxscore and what I've read here. Seems like the real difference was that AI was off the whole game, for whatever reason (be it our D or simply a cold night. I can't really tell without watching the game).

That's proof enough that both teams are really similar in talent and that any factor may decide the winner in games between us. This time, it was AI's bad shooting night.

Glat to get the win and get back in track.

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:30 am
TMC wrote:Wasn't able to watch the game anywhere (got the Bulls at NY instead :banghead: ), so I can only talk from the boxscore and what I've read here. Seems like the real difference was that AI was off the whole game, for whatever reason (be it our D or simply a cold night. I can't really tell without watching the game).

That's proof enough that both teams are really similar in talent and that any factor may decide the winner in games between us. This time, it was AI's bad shooting night.

Glat to get the win and get back in track.

difference in AI was that BD was guarding him and bothering him. plus the good switches on the pick n roles. iverson couldnt get anything off...everything he did throw up was contested and/or a bad shot
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:41 am
EMan32 wrote:difference in AI was that BD was guarding him and bothering him. plus the good switches on the pick n roles. iverson couldnt get anything off...everything he did throw up was contested and/or a bad shot

Thanks for clearing it. Feels good to know it wasn't only a bad night by AI.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:12 am
TMC wrote:Thanks for clearing it. Feels good to know it wasn't only a bad night by AI.

They did report that AI was abit under the weather.................so maybe not just down to switching Baron onto him instead of Jax the other night....................but what the hell!!! we will say it was Baron.

Bring on those miss-firing Rockets.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:19 am
bigstrads wrote:
TMC wrote:Thanks for clearing it. Feels good to know it wasn't only a bad night by AI.

They did report that AI was abit under the weather.................so maybe not just down to switching Baron onto him instead of Jax the other night....................but what the hell!!! we will say it was Baron.

Gee... thanks for bursting my bubble, Bigstrads. :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:48 am
However it is that we did it, it worked. I dont care if he has f*cking cancer, we were able to stop him, plain and simple. Again, great win beating a very talented team at their place.

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: -3
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:20 am
So we beat the Nuggets, a team with comparable talent, no big deal. Our team is ok, but we are kind of stuck in no where land ... our defense is improving but not great, we have no post game, we don't develop young players and we have no bench. On the other hand our great record of 18-13 has us facing the invincible Spurs and a lousy 8th seed, no mention a annoying Jazz and Rockets teams at our heels. Am I the only fan that seems confused with our drafting strategy? We have Bellini, Wright and POB who will never get minutes from Nellie, but we missed on Bynum and Jarvaris Critterton (we need another point guard) but we have Bellini to play behind to two ball hog point guards, a versatile forward (Barnes), our team captain (jack), and two perimeter guards Pietrus and Azu who don't get minutes. Do we stay with Nellie and get some affordable veterans and trade our so called bait (Wright, POB, Pietrus) ... or do we give up on the fast pace no defense frenzy style and get a coach that will play our rookies and develop post players?

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:07 pm
dareedle wrote:So we beat the Nuggets, a team with comparable talent, no big deal. Our team is ok, but we are kind of stuck in no where land ... our defense is improving but not great, we have no post game, we don't develop young players and we have no bench. On the other hand our great record of 18-13 has us facing the invincible Spurs and a lousy 8th seed, no mention a annoying Jazz and Rockets teams at our heels. Am I the only fan that seems confused with our drafting strategy? We have Bellini, Wright and POB who will never get minutes from Nellie, but we missed on Bynum and Jarvaris Critterton (we need another point guard) but we have Bellini to play behind to two ball hog point guards, a versatile forward (Barnes), our team captain (jack), and two perimeter guards Pietrus and Azu who don't get minutes. Do we stay with Nellie and get some affordable veterans and trade our so called bait (Wright, POB, Pietrus) ... or do we give up on the fast pace no defense frenzy style and get a coach that will play our rookies and develop post players?

The argument is... we started 0-6 no Sjax... say with SJax worst case scenario we went 3-3 making our record 21-10... damn good... I know, so we are not 21-10 but we are in the 8th seed. Granted we would be playing the Spurs today if the playoff started but lets wait until after the all start break before we talk about playoffs. Yes, I agree, our defense is no where to the point it should be for some games, and our home record must be better BUT we are playing very well on the road. We are winning games where we would have lost in the past after horrific shooting nights. We are winning despite playing a short bench, despite relying heavily on Baron, SJax, Monta and AB. Winning despite a legit low post threat. I'm not confused at all, instead optimistic about what we have done and what we are capable of doing...

I'm confused by your definition of Ball Hogs, AI and Carmelo are Ball hogs, Monta and Baron aren't. Baron is the best player on the team, he needs to be selfish for this team to succeed, and he needs to carry the bulk of the scoring also and passing, and running the team. We are pathetic without Baron, PERIOD. We are also not as good when Monta is not doing his ONE MAN fast breaking stuff....

I for one would rather play and win then to develop rookies... I tired of developing rookies.

HAPPY NEW YEARS!
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads