Game Thread: Warriors @ Denver Nuggets 2007-12-30

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors bounce back and take one in Denver?

Poll ended at Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:31 pm

YES
77%
NO
23%

Total votes : 13

All Star
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:31 pm
Golden State Warriors (17-13) @ Denver Nuggets (18-11)

Start time 5:00 PM PST @ The Pepsi Center

Probable starters for the Golden State Warriors
ImageImageImageImageImage
PG - Baron Davis
SG - Monta Ellis
SF - Stephen Jackson
PF - Matt Barnes
C - Andris Biedrins

Probable starters for the Denver Nuggets
ImageImageImageImageImage
PG - Anthony Carter
SG - Allen Iverson
SF - Carmelo Anthony
PF - Eduardo Najera
C - Marcus Camby

Team leaders this season
PPG - B. Davis (21.9) | A. Iverson (26.3)
RPG - A. Biedrins (9.7) | M. Camby (14.1)
APG - B. Davis (8.0) | A. Iverson (7.3)
SPG - B. Davis (2.5) | A. Iverson (2.4)
BPG - A. Biedrins (1.4) | M. Camby (3.6)
I've been a Warriors fan since they traded Chris Webber. Can you imagine how that's like....
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:51 pm
I still say that yes they can. The game tonight was theirs for the taking, but they just wouldnt take it. I know that Nellie will be on every single one of their asses for letting this one slip away. I cant imagine them not keeping it really close, if not winning.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:02 am
Reckon the team will make the necessary adjustments to win this one, even if just slight ones.

Warriors by 10

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:10 am
Can we win?. Yeah. Absolutely... but if the game is close, and playing at Denver, I kinda expect the Nuggest to get the win.

I don't have much to comment on Denver, as the other game thread covered most aspects we'll have to deal with. Maybe that I'd like to see more MBenga in the game, at least a few minutes, and see if he's able to slow down Camby a bit.

Still, I hope (more than expect) that we have a good enough lead in the final minutes, so it doesn't come down to the final plays. Dubs by 6.
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:17 am
we need to improve our FG%, last nite is really horrible....
S-jax wide open and he missed that 3's...geeez
if we can slow down AI, we have chance to win this game....

W's by single digit 5.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:05 pm
This is gonna be tough. We need to get the ball out of Iverson's hands if he is having another hot shooting night. However, he could shoot them out of the game. We'll have to see how Melo and AI are doing and then adjust to the situation. I predict we win this one though.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:55 am
They need to find a way to get a win here. Hopefully they will be on fire from 3. We need to do what they did to us...get an early lead, and make them battle back for the entirety of the game. Warriors by 2...lets keep MP from shooting 3's
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:16 am
sleandres wrote:Let's keep MP from shooting 3's.

Amen to that! Lets just keep him out of the game to begin with. :wink:
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:30 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
sleandres wrote:Let's keep MP from shooting 3's.

Amen to that! Lets just keep him out of the game to begin with. :wink:

well, if he really wide open then just let him hit the 3's.
I really don't mind any W's players hit the 3's as long they are in good position/wide open ooopppps don't include biedrin,mbenga. :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:32 pm
I will give him this: Pietrus can hit the catch and shoot wide open corner three, but that is his limit. I hate when he chucks it up. Damn, it is ugly. :shock:
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:51 pm
Yeah, he can't make it from anywhere beyond the arc except the corner. Luckily, he knows that and mostly keeps his shots over there.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:16 pm
I think we can, but we have to be sharper than last game...what I mean by that is last game we forced 3 or 4 turnovers but then they stole the outlet passes immediately, that should have been at least 8 points that we normally don't miss out on. If we can win the turnover battle we should win (granted that we don't shoot terribly)
I have seen the 49ers win a Superbowl. I have now seen the Giants win a world series. I need one more championship in my lifetime to make my life complete...
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:42 pm
*Thoughts After Three* They are doing a whole lot better tonight than they were on Friday. Instead of chucking up threes, they are driving, getting layups, and going outside from there. Nice to see Al getting into the game, and nice to see Andris doing a lot of defense. Also, I love the team defense that they are bringing now. I dont understand why Mbenga is in the game for this long?

*Thoughts at the Half* The team started to fall apart a little bit towards the middle of the quarter, but I guess it turned out okay. Nice little run at the end of the half, showing exactly how explosive they can be when running at all cylinders. Everybody has been playing pretty good. Hell, even Pietrus is contributing without screwing up. Good half, and they need to keep the pressure on now. This is their game to take. They need to go out and take it.

*Thoughts After Three* Denver really impressed me in this quarter. Eduardo Najera is a great bench player who brings a hell of a lot of intensity in his game. He looks good. They are playing more as a team, which was one knock I had on them in the first game. Lastly, Pietrus went back to his old dumbass self, traveling, fouling, bricking free throws. GO AWAY PIETRUS!

*Thoughts After the Game* Great win, taking one from them. Nellie got them straight, and they played like it. Good overall play by almost everybody, but I still dont like them only playing eight players. We need to get more people involved. Anyways, yeah, great win, and hope they can continue it tomorow against Houston. I am really looking forward to seeing that game in HD, the first time I have one in HD.
Last edited by sfsfsfgiants on Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Role Player
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:26 pm
As much as I like Monta Ellis Nelley should not let him shoot jump shots. Go to the hoop and dish it out he is good at that he sucks as a shooter unfortunatly. Good D so far I hope we see Brandon Wright play but I say that every game and he never plays.
Cohan and Nelly are gone!!!
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:05 pm
Monta8 wrote:As much as I like Monta Ellis Nelley should not let him shoot jump shots. Go to the hoop and dish it out he is good at that he sucks as a shooter unfortunatly. Good D so far I hope we see Brandon Wright play but I say that every game and he never plays.

Monta has a good midrange jumpshot, especially from the right elbow. I agree with you to a point: I dont like him shooting threes unless he is wide open. If he steps in two feet, though, I love that shot. He seems to be getting better every year with it. He needs to work on his consistancy, though.

Wright wont play unless they get a twenty-some point lead, which wont happen. I would love to see Wright on Anthony, though, just to see how he would do. It seems like a perfect matchup for him: quick, long, athletic big men.
Next

Return to Game Threads