Game Thread: Denver Nuggets @ Warriors 2007-12-28

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors win at home against the Nuggets?

Poll ended at Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:11 pm

YES
89%
NO
11%

Total votes : 18

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:08 am
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:
Look at the teams with people that account for 25% of their scoring: Kobe on the Lakers, LeBron on the Cav's, Wade on the HEAT... are those teams going anywhere? Are they bound for the NBA Finals? Of course not. They score a ton of points, but they hog the ball and kill any chance of their team chemistry picking up. We've seen slaughters in the NBA Finals because players like Iverson and LeBron can't ballhog their team past an NBA Champion.

I had to jump in here. Lebron is a top 6 passer in the league, the league's most valuable player to his team, and certainly not a ball hog. Only Nash, Paul, and Jason Kidd are significantly better passers than 'Bron, with Baron and Deron about even with him. For a small forward to be able to dish out 8 assists a night is amazing. To call him a ball hog is like saying KG is a bad rebounder.

Well. He always has the ball in his hands though. He's unselfish but so is AI to a degree. He does dominate the team's offense. That is however the only way the Cavs could get anywhere at all since all their players suck except him.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:17 am
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:
Look at the teams with people that account for 25% of their scoring: Kobe on the Lakers, LeBron on the Cav's, Wade on the HEAT... are those teams going anywhere? Are they bound for the NBA Finals? Of course not. They score a ton of points, but they hog the ball and kill any chance of their team chemistry picking up. We've seen slaughters in the NBA Finals because players like Iverson and LeBron can't ballhog their team past an NBA Champion.

I had to jump in here. Lebron is a top 6 passer in the league, the league's most valuable player to his team, and certainly not a ball hog. Only Nash, Paul, and Jason Kidd are significantly better passers than 'Bron, with Baron and Deron about even with him. For a small forward to be able to dish out 8 assists a night is amazing. To call him a ball hog is like saying KG is a bad rebounder.

I definitely agree here. If Lebron had any sort of decent supporting cast I think he could win multiple rings.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:16 am
JayPat wrote:
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:

I definitely agree here. If Lebron had any sort of decent supporting cast I think he could win multiple rings.

That's the key. Lebron is, as Pest says, a great passer, far from a ball hog. The problem is that his supporting cast is subpar, so he can't rely on them as much as he'd like to.

migya wrote:Here are the stats on the season for the two:

Carmelo - 25.5pts, 6.5rebs, 3.7asts, 3.7TOs, 1.4stls, 0.6blks, 45.3FG%, 29.9FG3%, 78.6FT%

Iverson - 26.3pts, 2.9rebs, 7.3asts, 3.6TOs, 2.4stls, 0.1blks, 45.9FG%, 29.8FG3%, 83FT%

Iverson beats Carmelo EVERYWHERE except blocks and rebounds. Iverson's STATS are better than Carmelo's and Iverson is doing much better than Carmelo buddy :wink:

I was talking only about the last few games. Melo has stepped up his game, while AI is shooting worse and passing less than he did at the beginning of the year. I think their current streaks are more important for this game than their overall stats for the year, and right now Melo is playing better than AI.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:04 am
As it was said in a post in the Warriors Basketball section...the Warriors need to go at least 3-2 over the next 5. To get there, they have to start with a win at home...because the game in Denver will be tough. We will obviously need to see a better game than we did the other night...I expect them to bounce back from a sub-par performance against the lowly TWolves. Warriors by 5...I see Monta keeping the scoring up :)
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:46 am
8th ave wrote:man, i know i just joined the thread and all, but **** miggy, you come off to me as a complete smart ass. you talking about sfsf takin small jabs, but from being apart of this forum for a couple of months now, im under the impression that you take those little jabs all the damn time. the way you write makes feel like you always talkin down on someone, and that wink face you do all the time gives me the impression that you think your better than us. no offense at all man, you seem like a pretty knowledgable dude, and so is TMC and 32, but the way you go about it makes you seem like a straight up asshole. no offense at all man, i hope you can take it as constructive criticism or something.

Firstly, look at each thread and you will see what I've been going on about this whole time. I talk this way to #32 because he does to me, plain and simple giving back what I get. You need to go through the threads mate and get a better idea, I never come out with name calling, though sometimes it seems appropriate, but my counterpart does pretty often unfortunately

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:55 am
JayPat wrote:
migya wrote:
32 wrote:As always, you failed to mention that Iverson plays a third of a quarter more per night than Anthony. Per 48, Carmelo's scoring average is higher than Iverson's... and thats not a fluke, since they both play over 35 minutes a game. Denver would score more points per game if they relied on Carmelo Anthony more than Allen Iverson. Fact.

Iverson plays 41mins and Carmelo plays 37mins, negligible.

Well, it seems like the stats Iverson is better than Melo in are negligible differences as well. What's your point?

Negligible differences? Iverson is the primary distributor on that team and gets over 7 assists a game, much more than anyone else on his team, very significant

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:58 am
In response to Lebron being a great passer, so is Wade, as he was the third player mentioned earlier. Wade has always gotten alot of assists while scoring as well

Role Player
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:13 am
And uhm... for the record I think getting too emotional over some dude online is really funny. If people can get offended from someone online... I'd love to see how you guys would react to a face to face confrontation lol.

This will be a close game... I have to admit that I really enjoy Denver's squad but they're always injured :P..

I predict that Camby will have a big game, monta will be placed onto AI and sjax will be on melo...

Warriors by 2

That's me :D
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:16 am
aaustria wrote:And uhm... for the record I think getting too emotional over some dude online is really funny. If people can get offended from someone online... I'd love to see how you guys would react to a face to face confrontation lol.

No sh*t. And it's even worse considering we're all fans of the same team... :banghead:
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:45 am
Allen Iverson is no where in the same shape as it comes with his TATOO Season.

Badboy Jax got some much needed post season time for his Tatooing career when he had 7 games off and spent some serious chairtime coping some ink!

I think SJAX has better Tattoos and his a grittier defender then A.I... I don't think Biedrins is gonna get any easy baskets and im guessing his field goal percentage dips below the .500 mark on this game.

Still the Mavs don't have guys on the bench who can guard your Montas, Barnes and Azuibuikes and so therefore i think the Warriors will make a better run at the final scoreline.

Baron needs to get physical with A.I or Carter.... there's no way those 2 guys are locking down the BODYGUARD
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:18 am
aaustria wrote:And uhm... for the record I think getting too emotional over some dude online is really funny. If people can get offended from someone online... I'd love to see how you guys would react to a face to face confrontation lol.

Arm locks go pretty good :mrgreen: Get the guy screaming for you to stop, then pat him on the head and tell him to enjoy a drink

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:50 am
migya wrote:
8th ave wrote:man, i know i just joined the thread and all, but **** miggy, you come off to me as a complete smart ass. you talking about sfsf takin small jabs, but from being apart of this forum for a couple of months now, im under the impression that you take those little jabs all the damn time. the way you write makes feel like you always talkin down on someone, and that wink face you do all the time gives me the impression that you think your better than us. no offense at all man, you seem like a pretty knowledgable dude, and so is TMC and 32, but the way you go about it makes you seem like a straight up asshole. no offense at all man, i hope you can take it as constructive criticism or something.

Firstly, look at each thread and you will see what I've been going on about this whole time. I talk this way to #32 because he does to me, plain and simple giving back what I get. You need to go through the threads mate and get a better idea, I never come out with name calling, though sometimes it seems appropriate, but my counterpart does pretty often unfortunately

Miggy, you take more jabs at people than anyone. Almost every thread is filled with your guy's fighting, a lot of it started by an "innocent comment" that wasnt.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:28 am
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:

I agree. The problem is, LeBron doesn't have anybody to pass the ball to, so he needs to be selfish by default (and, even then, most people don't think he's selfish enough... especially in crunch time). But, regardless, he was clearly playing the San Antonio Spurs in last year's Finals by himself. Its not his fault, but he still was. And that's what I meant by overlapping the ballhog label onto him. I don't think LeBron James is a selfish player, but he definitely carries the Cavs by himself... which results in their poor team, and that was my point. Teams that have to rely on somebody to score 30 points a night don't usually do well.

Gilbert Arenas, Allen Iverson, Kobe Bryant, and Dwayne Wade are all excellent passers, but the fact is that the first 3 would rather shoot the ball than pass... and Wade (like LeBron) has nobody to pass the ball to this year.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:25 pm
migya wrote:
JayPat wrote:
migya wrote:
32 wrote:As always, you failed to mention that Iverson plays a third of a quarter more per night than Anthony. Per 48, Carmelo's scoring average is higher than Iverson's... and thats not a fluke, since they both play over 35 minutes a game. Denver would score more points per game if they relied on Carmelo Anthony more than Allen Iverson. Fact.

Iverson plays 41mins and Carmelo plays 37mins, negligible.

Well, it seems like the stats Iverson is better than Melo in are negligible differences as well. What's your point?

Negligible differences? Iverson is the primary distributor on that team and gets over 7 assists a game, much more than anyone else on his team, very significant

That's definitely true, but Melo is significantly better in rebounding. All the other differences (besides steals... but 1 more steal per game isn't a huge difference) are negligible.
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:59 pm
seems like we get a little nervous everytime we play a good team. im gonna go to a nugets forum to see what their saying about us. we might be forgetting how good our team is.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads