Game Thread: Warriors @ New Jersey Nets 2007-12-22

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Can the Warriors take one in New Jersey?

Poll ended at Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:53 pm

100%
YES
No votes
NO

Total votes: 15

All Star
» Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:53 pm
Golden State Warriors (15-11) @ New Jersey Nets (10-15)

Start time 4:30 PM PST @ The Continental Airlines Center

Probable starters for the Golden State Warriors
ImageImageImageImageImage
PG - Baron Davis
SG - Monta Ellis
SF - Stephen Jackson
PF - Al Harrington
C - Andris Biedrins

Probable starters for the New Jersey Nets
ImageImageImageImageImage
PG - Jason Kidd
SG - Vince Carter
SF - Richard Jefferson
PF - Sean Williams
C - Josh Boone

Team leaders this season
PPG - B. Davis (21.9) | R. Jefferson (24.9)
RPG - A. Biedrins (9.4) | J. Kidd (8.7)
APG - B. Davis (8.0) | J. Kidd (10.3)
SPG - B. Davis (2.5) | J. Kidd (1.8)
BPG - A. Biedrins (1.3) | S. Williams (2.2)

All Star
» Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:42 pm
The battle of '2 Godzilla'

Baron Vs Kidds

2 best PG in the league and well known by the physical play....wow it's really going to be a nice game.It's hard to predict who will win the game.
Nets is not a really strong team like Phoenix or Utah but they sometime can play really good.I wish we can win the game....

W's by 2 :wink:

All Star
» Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:46 pm
This one is winnable for sure. All I have to say is watch out for Sean Williams, he has been pretty good so far. One of the big three will probably blow up on us, but we have enough firepower to weather the storm.

Franchise Player
» Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:50 pm
This is a winnable game, as the last couple of games have been, and they need to execute. These are the types of games that they need to win to be able to make a run in the playoffs.

One quick thing: Josh Boone starts!? Wow......

All Star
» Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:39 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:This is a winnable game, as the last couple of games have been, and they need to execute. These are the types of games that they need to win to be able to make a run in the playoffs.

One quick thing: Josh Boone starts!? Wow......

Boone looks great every time I see him. I sorta worry about him torching us a little. Very winnable game. W's by 9.

Hall of Famer
» Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:59 pm
Team defense will be key here. Can't have all three Nets stars going off or it will be real hard to win. The team has the firepower to blow them off the court and run and gun should be in full motion.

Warriors by 15

All Star
» Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:14 am
warriors by 1 with monta hitting the game winner :wink: .

if anything other than kidd, rj, and carter having their normal games..im afraid of sean williams owning our shots downlow. not too scared tho

Hall of Famer
» Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:34 am
New Jersey is playing really bad right now, and they have one of the best teams in the east, so it's kind of surprising the amount of games they're losing lately. And some of them are inexcusable. How can you lose twice in a week against the Knicks?

With that said, Richard Jefferson is having an amazing season, all star caliber for sure, Kidd is still one of the top pgs in the league (I think he's still top 5... just not top 3 anymore. Those would be Nash, Baron and Paul at the moment) and Carter has had a few big games this season, although his lack of heart is damaging more than helping the Nets. Also, Sean Williams looks really good. The other night had a 11 boards, 8 blocks game and looks like he'll be a steal in the draft if he keeps playing like that.

Anyway, tough albeit winnable game. Dubs by 2.
Last edited by TMC on Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

All Star
» Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:42 am
hahaha...i forgot we have nets killer in our team....Monta ellis.
:mrgreen:

» Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:40 am
The X-Factor here is Sean Williams. That kid is for real. Teams that passed on him baffle me. He's a 3 BPG kinda guy. Think of a more athletic, taller Kenyon Martin.

All Star
» Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:42 pm
Warriors should fly all over the court off the long rest. Swarming defense will create turnovers, and the turnovers will create the running. The Nets cannot run with the Dubs. Monta will continue to score...I say 25+. Warriors by 5.

Starting Lineup
» Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:10 pm
The Nets on paper are a good team. R-Jeff is having a career year. And Kidd is being Kidd. Carter is scoring and thats about it.

If we get them into our game of small ball fast paced basketball, they dont have a chance. This looks like a fun game.

Warriors by 4

P.S. Hope we have a Beyonce sighting!!!!

Role Player
» Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:05 pm
d1mex wrote:The Nets on paper are a good team. R-Jeff is having a career year. And Kidd is being Kidd. Carter is scoring and thats about it.

If we get them into our game of small ball fast paced basketball, they dont have a chance. This looks like a fun game.

Warriors by 4

P.S. Hope we have a Beyonce sighting!!!!

Damn thats a whole lotta hollywood right there.

We should be able to take this one. The nets don't have that pesky low-post player that usually is our weakness. I just hope that none of the big three go off on us.

Starting Lineup
» Sat Dec 22, 2007 10:36 am
I hope we can get these last 2 games....how sweet would it be to go 4-1 (8-2 overall) in 2 of our 5 game east coast swings.....I say Warriors by 9

Rookie
» Sat Dec 22, 2007 1:17 pm
W's should win this game..no matchup problems here

that pic is actually of Tyra Banks

from a website

"Model Jessica White, fashion designer Kimora Lee, model Tyra Banks, recording artists Beyonce Knowles and Jay-Z watched the action between the New York Knicks and the New Jersey Nets on April 16, 2007"

more pics here if interested
http://forums.superiorpics.com/ubbthrea ... er=1221424