Game Thread: Warriors @ Portland Trailblazers 2007-12-11

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors take one against Portland on a back-to-back night?

Poll ended at Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:10 pm

YES
14
82%
NO
3
18%
 
Total votes : 17

User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:39 am
Portland is a decent team and, if healthy, I think they'd be another playoff contender. Of course, with Oden out for the season and with all the young guys still developing, they're just another dangerous team that will get a few quality wins here and there but that won't win more than 30-35 games.

With Aldridge out, I think we can, and should, get the win. Dubs by 8.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13533
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:23 am
The Blazers have been a surprisingly tough team this year. 9-12 looks way too high for a team with their kinda talent ("their kind" meaning none).

I'm actually more worried about the Lakers at the Roaracle on Friday. Dubs take the Trailblazers by less than 10.
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image

Starting Lineup
Posts: 935
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2006 7:29 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:37 am
I think Portland is an up and coming team but the Warriors are pretty TOUGH on the road too. No so long ago we just went 4-1? So I do expect the Warriors to win this game. I expect a big game from Harrington... Might even see some Wright/B Nelly action :mrgreen:
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13533
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:39 am
I don't think Brandan's active...
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image

Role Player
Posts: 284
Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:48 am
Location: Chicago, IL
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:06 am
I fully expect this to be a tough game for the Warriors. I belive Portland is 7-3 at home this season and coming off a big win last night at Utah, I would guess they will be ready for the Warriors.

Both teams are coming off back to backs. That being said with the frenetic pace the Warriors play at I think they are in better shape and have more depth than the young Blazers.

After a big win last night I am a bit worried about a let down. I hope this does not happen. I will be watching nervously.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 7512
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:44 pm
Location: Brighton, England.
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:41 pm
Im worried about this game too but as everyone has realised..........without Aldridge, who has pretty much held them together this season, I think we can take it and rest up for the Fakers!!!

Ohh and GSW United................

GSW United wrote:i don't want to hear anymore about portland win by 5 or boston by 8...that's make me sick...we are true W's fans...even they look stronger there is no way we support other team and say they will win the game...

for me W' always win the game.


Just chill man, dont start yelling at people just because we are making observations based on knowledge and common sense.....................I would call most fans on here "realists" probably because most of us have suffered for so long and dont want to take things for granted..............but mostly because we have brains and knowledge of basketball and realise that the Warriors cant win EVERY game as you say................its nice to think...............just not real.
User avatar
Role Player
Posts: 398
Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2006 2:27 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:35 pm
bigstrads wrote:Im worried about this game too but as everyone has realised..........without Aldridge, who has pretty much held them together this season, I think we can take it and rest up for the Fakers!!!

Ohh and GSW United................

GSW United wrote:i don't want to hear anymore about portland win by 5 or boston by 8...that's make me sick...we are true W's fans...even they look stronger there is no way we support other team and say they will win the game...

for me W' always win the game.


Just chill man, dont start yelling at people just because we are making observations based on knowledge and common sense.....................I would call most fans on here "realists" probably because most of us have suffered for so long and dont want to take things for granted..............but mostly because we have brains and knowledge of basketball and realise that the Warriors cant win EVERY game as you say................its nice to think...............just not real.


let her be an optimist. lol.
Image

That's me :D
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5756
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:40 am
Location: On the couch watching sports
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:46 pm
With Oden gone, and Aldridge out for a while, we should be able to crash the boards all night. They need to keep the intensity up, as Portland is a decent team. Dont get lazy..
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 7512
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:44 pm
Location: Brighton, England.
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:12 pm
aaustria wrote:let her be an optimist. lol.


"The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised"
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5756
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:40 am
Location: On the couch watching sports
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:09 pm
Apparently, Monta isnt playing tonight. Why is that? I missed what Barnett said....

Losing Monta is going to hurt. Sh*t, Pietrus will get playing time tonight. On the bright side, Belinelli might, also. Azubuike needs to step it up tonight. This game is too winnable to lose.

Starting Lineup
Posts: 935
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2006 7:29 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:51 pm
petrius...is he a 3 point specialist???? because i thought he was air france??? PATHETIC put in Bellinei at least we know he can shoot
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5756
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:40 am
Location: On the couch watching sports
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:09 pm
~W~ wrote:petrius...is he a 3 point specialist???? because i thought he was air france??? PATHETIC put in Bellinei at least we know he can shoot


Pietrus is fuckin terrible.... all he does is chuck up threes. He never seems to get more than five points a game, and always acts like the dumb piece of sh*t that he is.

Anyway, back to the game. Certainly not how I expected this game to go, and I really dont like it.... they need to step up the game and play their style. LETS GO!

Starting Lineup
Posts: 935
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2006 7:29 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:51 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
~W~ wrote:petrius...is he a 3 point specialist???? because i thought he was air france??? PATHETIC put in Bellinei at least we know he can shoot


Pietrus is fuckin terrible.... all he does is chuck up threes. He never seems to get more than five points a game, and always acts like the dumb piece of sh*t that he is.

Anyway, back to the game. Certainly not how I expected this game to go, and I really dont like it.... they need to step up the game and play their style. LETS GO!


we lose the "ONE MAN FASTBREAK" in monta so i anticipated this. The thing is... we are down 8 at the end of 3rd? thats nothing... we are playing horrible and we are down 8 to a team that is shooting lights out with travis outlaw and james jones hitting step backs...

Im confident that we will make a run at the 7 minute point and seal it in a 2 minute run...
User avatar
Starting Lineup
Posts: 867
Joined: Sat Oct 14, 2006 2:50 pm
Location: Vallejo
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:00 pm
finally belli with some playing time with 8 minutes in teh 4th... hopefully he makes use of this time

Starting Lineup
Posts: 935
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2006 7:29 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:03 pm
wow we are seeing a different line up
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron