YES
56%
NO
44%

Total votes : 16

All Star
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:06 pm
Golden State Warriors (11-8) @ Los Angeles Lakers (11-8)

Start time 6:30 PM PST @ The Staple Center

Probable starters for the Golden State Warriors
ImageImageImageImageImage
PG - Baron Davis
SG - Monta Ellis
SF - Stephen Jackson
PF - Al Harrington
C - Andris Biedrins

Probable starters for the Los Angeles Lakers
ImageImageImageImageImage
PG - Derek Fisher
SG - Kobe Bryant
SF - Luke Walton
PF - Lamar Odom
C - Chris Mihm

Team leaders this season
PPG - B. Davis (23.1) | K. Bryant (27.1)
RPG - A. Biedrins (10.1) | A. Bynum (9.6)
APG - B. Davis (8.6) | K. Bryant (4.9)
SPG - B. Davis (2.3) | K. Bryant (1.9)
BPG - A. Biedrins (1.6) | A. Bynum (1.8)
I've been a Warriors fan since they traded Chris Webber. Can you imagine how that's like....
Rookie
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:16 pm
Can the Warriors stop Kobe?

no

but we still win by 6 :)
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:05 am
I hate the Staples center, especially when the ****** lakers turn off the lights to make it seem like they are a theatre or some ****....I want to win theis game more than any game of the year, I ****ing HATE THE KOBE"S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banghead:
I have seen the 49ers win a Superbowl. I have now seen the Giants win a world series. I need one more championship in my lifetime to make my life complete...

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:20 am
as long as our D is there and we're hitting some shots then we should win this one...even if kobe does go off. our team is way too hot right now and our momentum from tonight should keep the team fired up til the laker game. as long as we dont let anyone else kill us on the lakers then it should be a breeze. keep the game the warriors vs kobe and we'll be fine.

warriors by 17
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Rookie
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:24 am
nickdakoolkat wrote:I hate the Staples center, especially when the ****** lakers turn off the lights to make it seem like they are a theatre or some ****....I want to win theis game more than any game of the year, I ****ing HATE THE KOBE"S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banghead:

your dream will become true on sunday, no worries. I predicted the warriors being 11-8 at this point when the record was 6-7. now I say we beat LA and the spurs to go 13-8 by tuesday

i believe
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:01 am
No, they wont stop Kobe. Yes, they will win the game. Simple as that. Warriors by five.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:53 am
sfsfsfgiants wrote:No, they wont stop Kobe. Yes, they will win the game. Simple as that. Warriors by five.

pretty much my take...Ws speed trumps Lakers boards...
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:23 am
coltraning wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:No, they wont stop Kobe. Yes, they will win the game. Simple as that. Warriors by five.

Yep... frankly, I don't care about Kobe. He'll get his stats, as he always do. The only thing we have to care about is stopping the rest of the Fakers. One player alone doen't win games (unless we're talking about Jordan or Shaq in his prime, but that's not the case).

Dubs by 6.

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:17 am
TMC wrote:
coltraning wrote:

Yep... frankly, I don't care about Kobe. He'll get his stats, as he always do. The only thing we have to care about is stopping the rest of the Fakers. One player alone doen't win games (unless we're talking about Jordan or Shaq in his prime, but that's not the case).

Dubs by 6.

even jordan had other pieces with him in pippen n rodman. shaq as well with penny earlier in his career, kobe later on, and then wade. only person i can think of doing it by himself is wilt...although i dont really know cuz i never got to see him play.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:39 am
EMan32 wrote:even jordan had other pieces with him in pippen n rodman. shaq as well with penny earlier in his career, kobe later on, and then wade. only person i can think of doing it by himself is wilt...although i dont really know cuz i never got to see him play.

I was going with the closer ones in time. Wilt played in a completely different era. I don't think it can be compared to current bball.

As for Jordan and Shaq being able to win by themselves... let's say they were the ones that needed less help. We both win. Deal? :wink:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:47 am
Won't be easy I don't think, especially it being in LA and the Lakers have been pretty good lately. SJackson on Kobe will be interesting, Wade did have a big game though last game. Key is to keep with Odom and not let him get off because if he does, it opens it up for players like Farmar and Walton. Biedrins is key as he could really have a big game and has to defend Bynum.

Warriors by 15

migya make the ring fall on ya

Rookie
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:31 am
Kobe gets injured before the game starts and the Warriors win by 30
PWN3D!
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:58 am
KOBE is always 'fool'..... :mrgreen:

Hmmm...i don't know why but i do think Azu will help us a lot... :wink:

W's by 7
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:41 pm
SJax won't stop 24, but he'll definitely slow him down.

Kobe needs a big game from either Bynum or Odom to put the Lakers in the game. If Kobe's help turns out to be DFish or Farmar, the Warriors will crush them.

Dubs by 7.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:41 pm
Last season we were swept by the Lakers. The main root cause was that players like Walton and Tariaf kept getting scrappy with the boards and the Warriors kept coming up short. Hopefully the Warriors can come out on top this time around.
I've been a Warriors fan since they traded Chris Webber. Can you imagine how that's like....
Next

Return to Game Threads