Game Thread: Miami Heat @ Warriors 2007-12-07

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will the Heat snap out of their funk against the Warriors?

Poll ended at Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:05 pm

YES
11%
NO
89%

Total votes : 19

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:47 am
wouldn't mind seeing POB out there... top of the key and hitting jumpers against Shaq.

Realistically, this should be an easier game than the Bucks. I look at the Heat and they are a half court team that becomes stagnant at times. Wade will get his, like Redd will get his but the problem is you need your teammates to win games.

Anyone got an update on MP????

Role Player
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:55 pm
I expect the Warriors to win this game tonight and win it rather easily. If they let the Heat stick around though with Wade in the 4th quarter he could work his magic and upset the Warriors. I do not think that will happen, but if the Warriors get a chance to turn out the lights on them with a few early spurts, they need to do just that and finish them off.

I am going to guess that Nellie will start small tonight and try to guard Shaq with Al and company on the block. Biedrins will come off the bench. Just my guess.

Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:10 pm
ChicagoTom wrote:I expect the Warriors to win this game tonight and win it rather easily. If they let the Heat stick around though with Wade in the 4th quarter he could work his magic and upset the Warriors. I do not think that will happen, but if the Warriors get a chance to turn out the lights on them with a few early spurts, they need to do just that and finish them off.

I am going to guess that Nellie will start small tonight and try to guard Shaq with Al and company on the block. Biedrins will come off the bench. Just my guess.

tru, i also believe that will win 2night.
should be like the bucks game.
Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:17 pm
TMC wrote:
33 & 3 wrote:I only said this because some of my friends here in Canada got the impression that I stopped supporting the Heat because I started to criticize the team. It's all constructive criticism but I guess they are so used to hearing me say something good about my team that they didn't expect me to say those. Also, I sound so harsh at that time cause I'm really frustrated. I guess I'm being defensive there for a while. My mistake.

That usually happens when a team is losing. This board was like that a couple of years ago... more criticism than anything else. All that changed last year. And will do for the Heat, too, once they start winning again.

I kinda like the young talent the Heat have. Cook, Wade, Davis, Wright, Haslem... Shaq and Zo are old, but still can play. The only problem is that they don't have a PG worth starting in the NBA. And those young players do not exactly fit Riley's style (yet). This is gonna be a loooooong season for Miami... but they might recover sooner than expected if they're able to sign (or draft) a good PG next offseason.

The bold part is the frustrating part here. The Heat has talented players. Riley doesn't know (yet) how to utilize them.

Cook is amazing. Just like Wade when he started, only Cook has J.
a.k.a. 33 & 3

"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence win championships." --- Michael Jordan

"My main objective was not to succumb, but to overcome." --- Alonzo Mourning
Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:27 pm
32 wrote:
33 & 3 wrote:
32 wrote:I predict foul trouble for SJax, if they put him on DWade. Dwayne usually gets his calls.

Jackson may get in foul trouble but the Warriors should take advantage of the fact that Wade's FT% right now is only around 55% (compare to his last seasons 80%).

Thats a shocker to me. I didn't realize Wade's FT's were so low this year. Maybe the HEAT are planning to trade him to Golden State and he's trying to follow suit... :mrgreen:

Wade's FT right now is terrible, which is really surprising. I never thought that his FT would be affected by his long absence.

32 wrote:
33 & 3 wrote:
32 wrote:Biedrins should have fun, now that Shaq moves like he's wading through molasses.

Shaq can still play actually. He may have a hard time running around but he can still play his game. The problem is that aside from Penny, Wade, & Williams, no one else from the team knows how to pass the ball to Shaq during the 2nd half.

No argument here. Shaq is still an imposing force. The problem is, he's lost a step and his deceptive quickness (along, obviously, with his size) was what made him so dangerous. I haven't seen Shaq blow by anyone using that pet spin move of his in quite a while. That used to be a trademark of his in the post.

And on the flip side, Biedrins is a skinny stick figure that should be able to out run O'Neal all game long. There's no way anybody on Golden State can keep Shaq from plowing his way to the bucket, but there's no denying that the quickness of our bigs (like Harrington, Biedrins, Wright, O'Bryant, etc) is a big advantage.

The quickness of the Warriors' big will be really hard for Shaq. Like I said in one of my posts... Unless Riley finds a way to slow the game down to Heat's advantage, I don't see Shaq getting a lot of PT. Shaq will have a hard time keeping up.
a.k.a. 33 & 3

"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence win championships." --- Michael Jordan

Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:33 pm
Well, I won't be around here during and probably after the game. I don't wanna sound a troll when the Heat is doing good nor a sour loser when the Heat is doing bad.

Anyway, goodluck to the Warriors. :wink:
a.k.a. 33 & 3

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:22 pm
GswHoop wrote:
ChicagoTom wrote:I expect the Warriors to win this game tonight and win it rather easily. If they let the Heat stick around though with Wade in the 4th quarter he could work his magic and upset the Warriors. I do not think that will happen, but if the Warriors get a chance to turn out the lights on them with a few early spurts, they need to do just that and finish them off.

tru, i also believe that will win 2night.
should be like the bucks game.

Welcome to the forum GswHoop

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:12 pm
Tough first quarter. Man, they really need to D up. They also need to keep going inside, and the shots will follow as a result. I am not really too worried, though.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:44 pm
Wow, what a nutty couple of possessions to end the half. Nice breaks for us. They really need to go all out in the second half. The Heat have just outplayed them, and something needs to change, as it will. Nellie isnt going for this AT ALL.
Role Player
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:45 pm
Told you guys this would be a dangerous game.
Thunder wrote:Harrington out 2 weeks with bad attitude.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:46 pm
Hoonyo wrote:Told you guys this would be a dangerous game.

:mrgreen: You have said that about like every game.... :mrgreen:

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:13 pm
Hoonyo wrote:Told you guys this would be a dangerous game.

didnt u say that we were going to lose to the Bucks?
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:28 pm
Damn Wade..... all he does is get fouls called against him. They need to keep up the intensity for the fourth to have a chance. Get the crowd in the game. LETS GO GUYS!
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:51 pm
Hell yeah. Two point game. We're way back up in this one. Go dubs.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:52 pm
Yeah, holy crap, they always come up big late. Wow..... :mrgreen:
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads