Game Thread: Miami Heat @ Warriors 2007-12-07

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will the Heat snap out of their funk against the Warriors?

Poll ended at Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:05 pm

YES
11%
NO
89%

Total votes : 19

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:29 pm
krome wrote:I can't believe Penny is starting over Ricky Davis.

That's because the Heat needs someone who'll feed the bal to Shaq early in the game. Penny can provice that since he still knows Shaq's game. Besides, the Heat needs a go-to guy and Ricky Davis is just the best option. He really do well as the Heat's sixth man.
Last edited by zo 33 on Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
a.k.a. 33 & 3

"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence win championships." --- Michael Jordan

"My main objective was not to succumb, but to overcome." --- Alonzo Mourning
Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:45 pm
32 wrote:I predict foul trouble for SJax, if they put him on DWade. Dwayne usually gets his calls.

Jackson may get in foul trouble but the Warriors should take advantage of the fact that Wade's FT% right now is only around 55% (compare to his last seasons 80%).

32 wrote:Biedrins should have fun, now that Shaq moves like he's wading through molasses.

Shaq can still play actually. He may have a hard time running around but he can still play his game. The problem is that aside from Penny, Wade, & Williams, no one else from the team knows how to pass the ball to Shaq during the 2nd half.
a.k.a. 33 & 3

"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence win championships." --- Michael Jordan

Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:03 pm
JayPat wrote:We better watch out tonight. Ricky Davis is a Warrior-killer, Wade is always dangerous, Shaq can beat us if he gets positioning in the post, and Williams can hurt us too. If we can impose our style on the game, we will win. Otherwise, we will need to play the lock-down defense we have been playing.

Riley will definitely try to slow down the game. The only time that the Heat will probably run is when the bench is playing. The Heat will definitely try put up a fight.

But if the Warriors can take advantage of the Heat's weaknesses in the game (FT, rebounding, lack of good forward -- with the exception of Ricky D), the Warriors will win this.

And I agree with you TMC, the Heat sucks right now. I don't know how will they get out of this hole. (Riley don't now how to utilize the talent of the Heat players. :banghead: )

BTW, I am a Heat fan...just in case you guys are wondering. (And I haven't stop supporting them even though they suck right now.)
Last edited by zo 33 on Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:02 pm, edited 4 times in total.
a.k.a. 33 & 3

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:13 pm
JayPat wrote:We better watch out tonight. Ricky Davis is a Warrior-killer, Wade is always dangerous, Shaq can beat us if he gets positioning in the post, and Williams can hurt us too. If we can impose our style on the game, we will win. Otherwise, we will need to play the lock-down defense we have been playing.

shaq isnt gonna play much. we run too much for him, he'll get run off the floor. maybe 15 minutes for him at most. the only threats in see in this game are wade and davis. other than those two, haslem and williams will have to get really hot in order for the heat to beat us this game. (or all our guys are cold and missing shots)
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:14 pm
With the Heat coming on the second of a back-to-back and us rested...this one should be a laugher. Even if we dont shoot over 60% on 3's (pretty amazin last night). Both Monta and Andris will bounce back from their slow offensive nights, more rest for Baron, and more of Brandan Wright! Warriors by more than 20 at halftime, final is Warriors by 12.
Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:28 pm
EMan32 wrote:

shaq isnt gonna play much. we run too much for him, he'll get run off the floor. maybe 15 minutes for him at most. the only threats in see in this game are wade and davis. other than those two, haslem and williams will have to get really hot in order for the heat to beat us this game. (or all our guys are cold and missing shots)

Unless Riley finds a way to slow the game in Heat's favor, I don't see Shaq playing that much. Zo will definitely play so the Warriors better watch out for his blocks. You're right, Wade and Ricky D are the only threats in the Heat, unless Shaq gets a lot of PT. JWill can still hurt the Warriors IF he's hot though. Haslem... Well, he's shooting bricks lately. Cook will play and put on some numbers, as well. Unless Riley can find a way to get the team out of this mess, I can see the Warriors winning this one (which is really bad for my team :cry: ).
a.k.a. 33 & 3

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:03 pm
33 & 3 wrote:Oh... And I am a Heat fan. (And I haven't stop supporting them even though they suck right now.)

Why would you stop supporting them? if you did because they suck then you are not a real fan at all............even though you said you arnt going to stop supporting them, the mere mention of it on a board where the majority of people have stuck with a losing team for 13 years or so, is not gonna go down well.

33 & 3 wrote:Unless Riley can find a way to get the team out of this mess, I can see the Warriors winning this one (which is really bad for my team Crying or Very sad ).

Not meaning to sound rude, but why did you sign up to a Warriors board when your a Heat fan? you joined in July and from your earlier posts you talked/sounded like you supported the Warriors and now you say your a heat fan? do you join all teams boards?

Again, sorry if I sound rude, weve had a lot of trouble with trolls (guys who pretend to be Warrior fans and then start some crap) on here, which I know you are not, I just wanted to know your story really.

Ohh...........and............about the game, have a bad feeling, something about dont go near a dog when its injured or something............we will see.
Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:55 pm
bigstrads wrote:
33 & 3 wrote:Oh... And I am a Heat fan. (And I haven't stop supporting them even though they suck right now.)

Why would you stop supporting them? if you did because they suck then you are not a real fan at all............even though you said you arnt going to stop supporting them, the mere mention of it on a board where the majority of people have stuck with a losing team for 13 years or so, is not gonna go down well.

I only said this because some of my friends here in Canada got the impression that I stopped supporting the Heat because I started to criticize the team. It's all constructive criticism but I guess they are so used to hearing me say something good about my team that they didn't expect me to say those. Also, I sound so harsh at that time cause I'm really frustrated. I guess I'm being defensive there for a while. My mistake.

bigstrads wrote:
33 & 3 wrote:Unless Riley can find a way to get the team out of this mess, I can see the Warriors winning this one (which is really bad for my team Crying or Very sad ).

Not meaning to sound rude, but why did you sign up to a Warriors board when your a Heat fan? you joined in July and from your earlier posts you talked/sounded like you supported the Warriors and now you say your a heat fan? do you join all teams boards?

Again, sorry if I sound rude, weve had a lot of trouble with trolls (guys who pretend to be Warrior fans and then start some crap) on here, which I know you are not, I just wanted to know your story really.

Ohh...........and............about the game, have a bad feeling, something about dont go near a dog when its injured or something............we will see.

Nah, I'm not a Warriors fan but I'm not trolling here. I actually like Baron Davis that's why I always check the forum but I don't usually post. Let's just say that I'm an admirer but definitely not a fan.

And yes, I'm a Heat fan when I joined the forum. The Warriors got my attention cause i got curious with this team when my brother told me that the Warriors always beat the Mavericks during the last regular season. And the Mavericks are really hot last season. Well, Baron Davis caught my interest, and I like him since. And yes, in the Western Conference, I support the Warriors.

Oh, and I don't join all the team boards. Only the Heat nad the Warriors, and I ocassionally check the Nets forum.
Last edited by zo 33 on Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
a.k.a. 33 & 3

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:56 pm
sleandres wrote:With the Heat coming on the second of a back-to-back and us rested...this one should be a laugher. Even if we dont shoot over 60% on 3's (pretty amazin last night). Both Monta and Andris will bounce back from their slow offensive nights, more rest for Baron, and more of Brandan Wright! Warriors by more than 20 at halftime, final is Warriors by 12.

Good point, the Heat are playing today and will be somewhat tired. Really does look like the team has got the big advantage and will run over them

migya make the ring fall on ya
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:43 pm
We need to get this one, we gotta build up our home record after all those early losses.....The Heat are playing tonight in Portland so they should be a bit tired, and they are already a slow team as it is we should be able to run them out of the gym....
I have seen the 49ers win a Superbowl. I have now seen the Giants win a world series. I need one more championship in my lifetime to make my life complete...
Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:25 pm
There might be a chance that the Heat will be starting D Wright instead of Penny Hardaway. Riley just did it tonight in the game vs Trail Blazers.
a.k.a. 33 & 3

Role Player
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:27 am
They're going to play small ball with us. They had a lineup of J-Will, D-Wade, Davis, Wright, and Haslem tonight. Throw Daequan Cook in the mix too. We're definitely not going to just run them out of the building. This is a really dangerous game.
Thunder wrote:Harrington out 2 weeks with bad attitude.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:53 am
Hoonyo wrote:They're going to play small ball with us. They had a lineup of J-Will, D-Wade, Davis, Wright, and Haslem tonight. Throw Daequan Cook in the mix too. We're definitely not going to just run them out of the building. This is a really dangerous game.

They can use that lineup, they will stil get booted. They could win but they are totally awful this season and their old guys should retire right now as they look disgraceful, without shame! Shaq is just crap right now and does next to nothing. You'd think the bastard would grab it and dunk it like he used to but he doesn't even do that. Wade is not 100% yet and they have just him and Ricky Davis worth worrying about. They need a great trade in their favour to get another good big that can play Center effectively. Mourning is noone to talk about either as he does nothing as well. They did well to get RDavis, though he is not that young now but they need a big capable of playing Center and need to start looking for a good PG as well. Maybe getting a top 4 pick in the next draft would be the best thing for them

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:59 am
33 & 3 wrote:I only said this because some of my friends here in Canada got the impression that I stopped supporting the Heat because I started to criticize the team. It's all constructive criticism but I guess they are so used to hearing me say something good about my team that they didn't expect me to say those. Also, I sound so harsh at that time cause I'm really frustrated. I guess I'm being defensive there for a while. My mistake.

That usually happens when a team is losing. This board was like that a couple of years ago... more criticism than anything else. All that changed last year. And will do for the Heat, too, once they start winning again.

I kinda like the young talent the Heat have. Cook, Wade, Davis, Wright, Haslem... Shaq and Zo are old, but still can play. The only problem is that they don't have a PG worth starting in the NBA. And those young players do not exactly fit Riley's style (yet). This is gonna be a loooooong season for Miami... but they might recover sooner than expected if they're able to sign (or draft) a good PG next offseason.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:23 am
33 & 3 wrote:
32 wrote:I predict foul trouble for SJax, if they put him on DWade. Dwayne usually gets his calls.

Jackson may get in foul trouble but the Warriors should take advantage of the fact that Wade's FT% right now is only around 55% (compare to his last seasons 80%).

Thats a shocker to me. I didn't realize Wade's FT's were so low this year. Maybe the HEAT are planning to trade him to Golden State and he's trying to follow suit... :mrgreen:

33 & 3 wrote:
32 wrote:Biedrins should have fun, now that Shaq moves like he's wading through molasses.

Shaq can still play actually. He may have a hard time running around but he can still play his game. The problem is that aside from Penny, Wade, & Williams, no one else from the team knows how to pass the ball to Shaq during the 2nd half.

No argument here. Shaq is still an imposing force. The problem is, he's lost a step and his deceptive quickness (along, obviously, with his size) was what made him so dangerous. I haven't seen Shaq blow by anyone using that pet spin move of his in quite a while. That used to be a trademark of his in the post.

And on the flip side, Biedrins is a skinny stick figure that should be able to out run O'Neal all game long. There's no way anybody on Golden State can keep Shaq from plowing his way to the bucket, but there's no denying that the quickness of our bigs (like Harrington, Biedrins, Wright, O'Bryant, etc) is a big advantage.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads