Game Thread: Miami Heat @ Warriors 2007-12-07

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will the Heat snap out of their funk against the Warriors?

Poll ended at Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:05 pm

YES
11%
NO
89%

Total votes : 19

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:30 am
ronald dregan wrote:great game. took my nephew to his first NBA game and he gave up on the dubs at the 3rd

I guess he changed his mind by the end of the game... :wink:

32 wrote:What's the HEAT's fan's issue with Riley...? I, personally, have never liked the guy and figured him to be a glory vulture after pushing Stan Van Gundy out of a job... but I figured the hometown fans loved him. Whats the deal?

To me, it's obvious. They're losing. It's as simple as that. They've been doing so since winning the title and that's what happens when you lose consistently... I mean, if they keep losing for the whole season, even Wade himself will be on the spotlight (a much different spotlight to the one he's on right now).

As for Riley... I've always considered him a top coach. A vulture may be, I'm not gonna deny that...
Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:30 am
32 wrote:What's the HEAT's fan's issue with Riley...? I, personally, have never liked the guy and figured him to be a glory vulture after pushing Stan Van Gundy out of a job... but I figured the hometown fans loved him. Whats the deal?

Some people actually believe that Riley pushed Stan Van Gurdy out of the job that's why they dislike him. They believed him to be power hungry. Many believe that he's too stubborn. Many still support him though.

Even though many fans want Riley to step down as the head coach, most fans want him to remain as the Heat President and GM.
a.k.a. 33 & 3

"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence win championships." --- Michael Jordan

"My main objective was not to succumb, but to overcome." --- Alonzo Mourning
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:17 am
Riley hasn't done a bad job keeping the HEAT competitive. Not only did he swing the Shaq trade, but he also vigorously pursued Gary Payton and Tim Hardaway when they were at the top of their game. He kinda reminds me of Brian Sabean, our San Fransisco Giant's GM, because he loves star power over younger players...
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Previous

Return to Game Threads