Game Thread: Warriors @ Washington Wizards 2007-11-23

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors bounce back against the Wizards?

Poll ended at Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:33 pm

YES
100%
NO
No votes

Total votes : 11

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:33 pm
game is over...well done...3-1
wow unbelievable....now we try to make 4-1 on road

some weird things happen 1st,2nd,3rd quarter W's made the same scores..30.And we came strong on 4th ....nice to see W's always come strong on 4th quarter....keep doing that and ...HURRRRAAAAYYYY
WIN AGAIN....WHAT A NICE MOON in OUTSIDE...

Did i told u..Warriors always kill Wizard...coz Warriors is the HERO...

Tomorrow we will be back to the city where the dreams begin ....The first team on NBA history...the Philadelphia Warriors win the championships in the first year of NBA prime season....

W's will beat Philadelphia seventy sickers...
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:35 pm
Wowwwww...tripple double for our MAN....

geeezzz..... :shock:
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:35 pm
What are the odds of scoring 30 for the first, second, and third quarter? It would've been cool if that happened in the fourth as well, but we needed to seal the deal so I'm good with it. Baron was a beast notching a triple-double. He is our leader and our finisher. The last few minutes was a prime example of that.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:41 pm
Baron and Jackson are back to true form... I would have liked to see POB get some minutes (although I was happy that Wright got some).
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:43 pm
I, for one, was unhappy to see Mbenga out there once again. As well as Croshere. It's time to give their minutes to POB and Wright more. But hey, Wright seems to be working himself up in the rotation. If he keeps up his solid play and hustle, he'll be getting his due in no time.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:47 pm
xbaywarrior wrote:I, for one, was unhappy to see Mbenga out there once again. As well as Croshere. It's time to give their minutes to POB and Wright more. But hey, Wright seems to be working himself up in the rotation. If he keeps up his solid play and hustle, he'll be getting his due in no time.

I understand why Croshere was in... Washington was stacking the middle so we needed to put someone out there to spread the floor... with the ability to shoot... I don't understand why DJ got in...

Wright missing lay ups too... I gotta call him out on that... but otherwise he gave gave us another solid effort...

ONCE again.. while Baron and Sjax gave us great minutes, MONTA is quietly playing more and more like a PG with fewer and fewer turnovers...
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:57 pm
xbaywarrior wrote:I, for one, was unhappy to see Mbenga out there once again. As well as Croshere. It's time to give their minutes to POB and Wright more. But hey, Wright seems to be working himself up in the rotation. If he keeps up his solid play and hustle, he'll be getting his due in no time.

Croshere is a good player. He can step back and hit the three, as he has shown four or five times on this trip. He is also a tough player who can pound it inside and can get the inside scores. I like him, I really do. He is a great player to play with and terrible to play against... Mbenga sucks.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:58 pm
~W~ wrote:

Wright missing lay ups too... I gotta call him out on that... but otherwise he gave gave us another solid effort...

Yeah, a couple he should have made, but to his credit, the big guys were all over him. Not all of them were his fault.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:02 pm
Bottom line: Washington's 11 point lead was cut to a tie when Wright was in the game.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:09 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
~W~ wrote:

Yeah, a couple he should have made, but to his credit, the big guys were all over him. Not all of them were his fault.

True.. but seeing how I called out DJ Mbenga on his miss dunk, gotta be consistent and call out Wright for his blown lay-ups. (There was one where he just rushed it)...

HEY NELLY --> Give the kid 7-10 minutes each half... Kid can play, rather see him then DJ Mbenga ANYTIME
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:14 pm
~W~ wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
~W~ wrote:

True.. but seeing how I called out DJ Mbenga on his miss dunk, gotta be consistent and call out Wright for his blown lay-ups. (There was one where he just rushed it)...

HEY NELLY --> Give the kid 7-10 minutes each half... Kid can play, rather see him then DJ Mbenga ANYTIME

For sure. There's a reason we traded him for J-Rich!
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:03 pm
32 wrote:Bottom line: Washington's 11 point lead was cut to a tie when Wright was in the game.

Yeah. Wright kind of reminds me of Ben Roethlisberger. A guy that doesnt put up great stats, but always seems to win. Wright wont dominate the stat book. He will do the little things that makes a team better. I really do like him. I have liked him since his college days.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:05 pm
~W~ wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
~W~ wrote:

The difference between Mbenga's and Wright's misses, though, was Mbenga's was a wide open fast break. He just tripped over himself. Wright had the body control to grab the rebound and tried his best to get it in there. There was probably contact inside, too.

As for getting him playing time, I am all for it. As I said earlier, he helps a team win. I wish he could get more consistant playing time rather than a minute or two here and there. He comes in, does well for ten minutes, then gets no more playing time for the rest of the night. I dont understand it.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:44 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:

Croshere is a good player. He can step back and hit the three, as he has shown four or five times on this trip. He is also a tough player who can pound it inside and can get the inside scores. I like him, I really do. He is a great player to play with and terrible to play against... Mbenga sucks.

I agree with Croshere. I like him. He has a workman-like attitude who contributes whatever is asked of him. And, yeah, DJ sucked ass.
Last edited by CjR on Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:48 pm
32 wrote:Bottom line: Washington's 11 point lead was cut to a tie when Wright was in the game.

Wright definitely contributed. He rushed one shot, then made a short sweet jumper with a guy hangin’ on him, and missed another one, which was a tough arching put back. He was active, defended well, and changed a few shots, namely the shot that preceded Haywood’s TF on Dre. There was again a chance for a backdoor alley-oop, and Dre followed him, but he (Dre) didn’t commit. It was great to see him out there for 10 minutes of continuous play and together with our regulars. He proved, once again, that he deserves PT in each game.
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads