Game Thread: Warriors @ Washington Wizards 2007-11-23

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors bounce back against the Wizards?

Poll ended at Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:33 pm

YES
100%
NO
No votes

Total votes : 11

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:55 am
migya wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:It feels like I asked this a million times, but does anyone know when Harrington, Hudson, and Barnes are coming back?

It really seems like the team is never fully healthy. There is always one or two guys that have something going wrong

How about this? We get Harrington, Hudson, and Barnes back, and we make Perovic and Mbenga hurt. :mrgreen:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:13 am
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
migya wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:It feels like I asked this a million times, but does anyone know when Harrington, Hudson, and Barnes are coming back?

It really seems like the team is never fully healthy. There is always one or two guys that have something going wrong

How about this? We get Harrington, Hudson, and Barnes back, and we make Perovic and Mbenga hurt. :mrgreen:

Be nice if it was that way

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:29 am
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
migya wrote:

or how about this!

We get back our 3 players AL,Hud,Barn, and we make KG,Pierce,Ray Allen hurt....that would be more nice. :mrgreen:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:51 am
This is a tricky game. I actually think the Wizards are better off without the ballhog. The Warriors won't run away with this one.

Dubs by 8 or 9. Jamison tries to step it up in place of Gilbert and ends up going 6-for-18.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:27 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
~W~ wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:They dont suck, but they arent good without Arenas. He is their team.

Caron Butler, A. Jamison, and BLATCHE is pretty effective...

They aren't as good but good nevetheless.... This Blatche kid is the real deal

Blatche vs Arenas..... Compare it. :wink:

Gotcha.... I'm not comparing the two, just stating that they might have lost Arenas but Andre Blatche picks up some of the slack and its not a gimme game at all... NOT like NYK... lol
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:22 pm
~W~ wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
~W~ wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:They dont suck, but they arent good without Arenas. He is their team.

Caron Butler, A. Jamison, and BLATCHE is pretty effective...

They aren't as good but good nevetheless.... This Blatche kid is the real deal

Blatche vs Arenas..... Compare it. :wink:

Gotcha.... I'm not comparing the two, just stating that they might have lost Arenas but Andre Blatche picks up some of the slack and its not a gimme game at all... NOT like NYK... lol

Man, I wish every game was against the Knicks. :wink:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:45 pm

Harrington should be back this game. Hudson could as well. Barnes won't make the roadtrip because his mother's illness.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:59 pm
xbaywarrior wrote:

Harrington should be back this game. Hudson could as well. Barnes won't make the roadtrip because his mother's illness.

I knew about Barnes' family problems. He will be back in the game against Phoenix?
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:51 pm
Warriors will take this one easily I think.

Warriors by 11
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 5:20 pm
Dammit! Why is dumb ass Pietrus always the first off the bench!?!?!?
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 5:37 pm
I dont get why Mbenga always gets in the game, as well. I would put in Wright, the way he has been playing, before I play Pietrus, and the way that he always plays, and I would put O'Bryant before Mbenga.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 5:45 pm
There ya go Nellie! Some non-scrub playing time for the guy that needs to be out there: Brandan Wright. Nice to see him get some PT with some decent players.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:12 pm
At the half, my thoughts are these:

1) Great three point shots. Everyone is hitting them. They do need to start going inside, or they are going to be in trouble, as the shot wont work all night.
2) Terrible defensive rebounding. I'm not sure what exactly the stats say, but they cant be good. Blatche, Jamison, and Haywood are all killing them on the boards.
3) As I said earlier, nice to see Brandan get some serious time. Even though he has three fouls already, he is showing a lot of energy, and he seems to be doing a little of everything, on both sides of the ball. One thing in particular that I like is his offensive rebounds that he doesnt grab, but tips to others. He seems to be on the last few games. Nice to see Nellie trust him enough to keep him in the game.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:53 pm
Great third quarter by Jackson. He just went off. They need to keep dishing it out to him. As for the defense, damn, it looks terrible! They look like a bunch of high school players out there on defense.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:29 pm
Loved the game today. Not really how I expected the game to go, with absolutely no defense on either side, but I will take it. They really need to keep at least one really really good rebounder in the game, and putting two in there is better. They got killed too much on the boards, especially on the offensive boards. Rather have seen Wright get some more playing time, as good things were happening when he was in, but Nellie's way worked. Fun game to watch. Bring on Philly. :mrgreen:
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads