Game Thread: Warriors @ New York Knicks 2007-11-20

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors extend the win-streak to three?

Poll ended at Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:28 pm

YES
100%
NO
No votes

Total votes : 17

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:33 am
true we may be able to run but OUR bigs better stay out of foul trouble or else we will have a long day...

I expect a BIG game from Monta & B'Nelli :mrgreen:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:15 am
migya wrote:About Marbury, what he did is totally against the team concept and his teammates may have lost all confidence and respect in him

But it fits perfectly with Marbury's character... That's another point (against him) that teams willing to trade for him have to consider.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:12 am
EMan32 wrote:
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:
EMan32 wrote:as long as marbury is still coming off the bench...warriors by 12

Expect Marbury to be traded fairly soon

Wth 20 and 21 million on his two remaining years?. It won't be easy...

I can see the Hawks making some sort of pitch for him as they need a good PG, especially to teach Law somewhat. Marbury looks on the way out for sure with his last stunt

i dont think that marbury is the kind of PG they want law to learn from. besides, their pg needs arent due to lacking a good pg...its pretty well established now that law is starting pg, when hes not injured.

if i had a young point guard, i was hoping to groom, i wouldnt want Marbury anywhere near him
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:32 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:About Marbury, what he did is totally against the team concept and his teammates may have lost all confidence and respect in him

But it fits perfectly with Marbury's character... That's another point (against him) that teams willing to trade for him have to consider.

I don't like him either but he is skilled and there will be takers for him as he only has two years left on his contract I think

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:36 am
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:

I don't like him either but he is skilled and there will be takers for him as he only has two years left on his contract I think

:dontknow: It would have to be someone that do not care about the money spent on the team. Not too many, other than the Knicks... It will be easier next year, being an expirer, but that contract is too big right now.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:49 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:

:dontknow: It would have to be someone that do not care about the money spent on the team. Not too many, other than the Knicks... It will be easier next year, being an expirer, but that contract is too big right now.

The guy can still play and when motivated can make a pretty good team a definate playoff one. On the Hawks for example, he would be the scorer and distributor they need as JJohnson and JSmith seem to be the only real consistent high scorers

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:07 am
Thunder wrote:I get the feeling, though, that if the Knicks actually do go huge Nelly won't answer with Wright. Instead he'll do the opposite and just go smaller - that seems to be his approach. It would be nice to see Wright outrun those tanks though.

While I agree with you, its worth noting that Brandan Wright is 200 pounds, flies up and down the floor, and never gets tired. Putting him out there gives us all the advantages of making them run with smaller players, but we don't give up a lotta height.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Role Player
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:20 am
I'm definitely looking for the win in this own. Knicks are, and have been, a mess for a while, and barring a major shakeup, will again have a poor year. And, no, benching Marbury is NOT a major shakeup, but a good start for them.

I also like the idea of using some of the bigger W's out there, and could easily see a lineup like BD, Jack, Al, Wright and AB to bring in some height to fight for boards and still be able to run well. I don;t think Nellie will do it, but this is one of those games where Wrights atheticism will outweigh his inexperience.

Result, W's win and keep the streak alive (at least until they hit Boston).

Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:07 am
This should be a very interesting game. The pressure is really starting to mount on Isiah's back and if the Knicks do NOT win tonight there are those who think he will be fired.

I also just read that Marbury will be back in the starting lineup for the Knicks.

From a Warriors perspective, they just have to keep doing what they have been doing. It is imperative that the Warriors force the Knicks to play the up and down frenetic style of play they like to play. I do not think that will be a problem with gunners like Jamal Crawford, Stephon Marbury and Zach Randolph.

Defensively, Biedrins will have to keep playing as he has been. Both Eddy Curry and the aforementioned Randolph are good offensive players. If Andris can stay out of foul trouble I see him having a solid game. I also expect him to get some baskets in transition beating his defender down the floor.

I would love nothing more than to see the Warriors not only beat the Knicks but give Isiah his final beating as a coach in the NBA.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:41 pm
Warriors by 9. The Knicks will get big points on the inside, outrebound us, but will shoot themselves in the foot with poor perimeter shooting and if they try to run with us, will turn the ball over a ton.

I expect Monta to score at least 18, as I dropped him from my fantasy team (that usually means he will have a good few weeks!)
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:43 pm
Here we go!!!............love playing in MSG!!!..............Dubs by 9.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:13 pm
MAKE THEM FREE THROWS = WIN it is that simple
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:40 pm
God damned Mbenga is gonna have a career high in minutes tonight!!!.............and watch him not feel that boxscore at all.

POB languishes on the bench..................all the while good D is wasted by not being able to block out.
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:56 pm
up by 13 by the half :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:36 pm
F**K............ING...............HELL...................did you all see Mbenga on the break??? open dunk, and it just flew out of his hand!!!...................jesus, I dont like him.

But were gonna win this one so screw it.
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads