Game Thread: Warriors @ New York Knicks 2007-11-20

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors extend the win-streak to three?

Poll ended at Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:28 pm

YES
100%
NO
No votes

Total votes : 17

All Star
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:05 am
Word from Isiah is that he plans on starting Curry, Randolph, and Lee to go real huge...
I've been a Warriors fan since they traded Chris Webber. Can you imagine how that's like....
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:16 am
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:
EMan32 wrote:as long as marbury is still coming off the bench...warriors by 12

Expect Marbury to be traded fairly soon

Wth 20 and 21 million on his two remaining years?. It won't be easy...

I can see the Hawks making some sort of pitch for him as they need a good PG, especially to teach Law somewhat. Marbury looks on the way out for sure with his last stunt

Yeah, but then you have the problem of matching salaries, and the Hawks only big contract is Joe Johnson, who I guess they'd be reluctant to trade.

btw, I don't know what to think about that lineup with Curry, Lee and Randolph... Might be great for inside scoring and getting boards, but if we manage to impose the run & gun, they're done.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:18 am
krome wrote:Word from Isiah is that he plans on starting Curry, Randolph, and Lee to go real huge...

That would be terrifying on the boards... but too bad none of those big men can play defense.

Zach Randolph should have another 20 and 20 game against us. If New York's guards can get going, they have a chance. And Baron cannot have another 6-for-20 kinda game.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:22 am
32 wrote:
krome wrote:Word from Isiah is that he plans on starting Curry, Randolph, and Lee to go real huge...

That would be terrifying on the boards... but too bad none of those big men can play defense.

Zach Randolph should have another 20 and 20 game against us. If New York's guards can get going, they have a chance. And Baron cannot have another 6-for-20 kinda game.

Don't worry, they won't keep up if they use that lineup. Or: possibly Wright/POB get more PT?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:36 am
Oh, you better believe this game against New York will feature Brandan Wright getting 10-15 minutes. It makes too much sense not to. He's head-and-shoulders quicker than Randolph or Curry... who they'd have to double on the block anyways.

Wright would abuse those two on offense. We're talking 7-for-7 from the field, 4-of-8 from the line, with 8 rebounds. If Wright gets 18 minutes or more, thats the statline I predict for him. His quickness is too much of an advantage.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:54 am
Yeah, I agree. Did you know that Wright leads the league in offensive rebounds per 48, and is third in the league in total per 48?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:57 am
The kid comes in and boards! He averages, like, 2.0 rebounds in 5.6 minutes per game! That's friggin work!
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:22 am
JayPat wrote:Yeah, I agree. Did you know that Wright leads the league in offensive rebounds per 48, and is third in the league in total per 48?

Wow, I had no idea. :shock:

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:44 pm
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:

I can see the Hawks making some sort of pitch for him as they need a good PG, especially to teach Law somewhat. Marbury looks on the way out for sure with his last stunt

i dont think that marbury is the kind of PG they want law to learn from. besides, their pg needs arent due to lacking a good pg...its pretty well established now that law is starting pg, when hes not injured.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:00 pm
here's saying if that NY loses this game to extend their losing streak to 7 games, Isiah is gone after their Detroit game the next day...
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:14 pm
I get the feeling, though, that if the Knicks actually do go huge Nelly won't answer with Wright. Instead he'll do the opposite and just go smaller - that seems to be his approach. It would be nice to see Wright outrun those tanks though.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:21 pm
EMan32 wrote:
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:

i dont think that marbury is the kind of PG they want law to learn from. besides, their pg needs arent due to lacking a good pg...its pretty well established now that law is starting pg, when hes not injured.

The Hawks are weak at PG until Law shows he can be a good one and consistently, which looks far from happening soon. Marbury would give a two year fix, one year at least, and they would make the playoffs.

About Marbury, what he did is totally against the team concept and his teammates may have lost all confidence and respect in him

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:20 pm
This is as winnable a game as there is on this trip. I'd take the Ws plus the points...
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:53 pm
I am not worry if they put Curry on the starting line-up, He is big but he is not as smart as Beans.Also he can't rebound just rely that big fats butt on low post... :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:57 pm
Curry is lazy. They should be able to run on him all day. Biedrins is so much faster than him, and I just dont see Curry running up and down. Also, I'd like to see them put Wright in there just to toy with them. :wink:
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads