YES
96%
NO
4%

Total votes : 25

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:15 pm
An arse spanking, at home and at the hands of the tam that eliminated us in very tight games last playoffs. Not a good performance to say the least!

Baron and Pietrus the best players, yes, PIETRUS.

Monta has to do better than that against average SGs. He should have run amok this game and maybe he still isn't 100%.

Biedrins completely taken out of the game with foul trouble but otherwise did decent, nothing more but decent, in the minutes he played, statistically anyway.

Boozer just knows that the Warriors can't figure out how to defend him effectively and he wil keep doing that every time the two teams play one another.

Kirilenko played a great game,doing everything but scoring real well and looks like Sloan is trying to keep him happy and involved. Okur looks like he is suffering because of it or was he injured?

Belinelli showed gret signs with those two straight threes in the 4th quarter but he has to get more court time than what he did. I can't believe Nelson used fewer guys than Sloan as often! The team is loaded and he must run and gun and use some of the backups often.

The team has to forget this game and prepare for next game. It is important that the the team plays well to start the season

migya make the ring fall on ya

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:19 pm
Quick observation:

Baron Put the team on his shoulder, couldnt ask for more other than (HIT THEM FREE THROWS)

Monta Bad break a couple of times, but also a lot of bone headed mistake... need to play with more control

AB Foul trouble, non factor if you ask me. We need him to contribute, and stay out of foul trouble

Buke WOW, he needs to play more and shoot more

MP Came to play, props to MP...

Bench Nelly needs to put in some plays for Belli, because he needs to shoot. Harrington played strong, BARNES AND HUDSON non factors,
and i hope to see more POB...
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:23 pm
I miss JRich...I thought Azu should have gotten more shots. We are gonna need more from Barnes and Hudson also. Relax though, its one game out of many. I just wish we could play somebody besides the good, but ****ing boring Jazz. We don't match up well with them, and we have to play them 2 out of three games to start the season. We should scrape the clippers though on friday, they are without Brand and livingston.
I have seen the 49ers win a Superbowl. I have now seen the Giants win a world series. I need one more championship in my lifetime to make my life complete...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:24 pm
About Hudson - The guy is not really a PG and likes to shoot too much. He did nothing but hurt the team in the time he played. I'd much rather Mullin have signed a pass first PG than him as that is exactly what the team needs

Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:33 pm
Just got home from the game and well I'm not that bummed. In fact I kinda expected it. The Warriors don't match up well against two teams and two teams only. That's the Jazz and Spurs. We don't have anyone to stop Boozer or Duncan so thats what we get, a butt whoopin! Things that I noticed.

Baron- Looked like the heart and soul, we need someone to step up and be the scorer when he is off the floor. When Baron is out it is a very dangerous time for our team especially with no S-Jax

Monta- Played very well in the first quarter, then struggled a little bit. I did like how he came out aggressive, remember back to the playoffs how he was a complete non factor, at least he showed up tonight. Even though he made some mistakes at least he was aggressive.

Barnes- Wow just a horrible night, sure he didn't play much but when he did he looked pathetic. It looked like he was forcing shots because he wasn't playing that much.

Al- Needs to shoot better, he had some wide open 3's that need to go down for us to be in the game.

MP- Looked very good surprisingly. Didn't make too many bone-headed plays and believe it or not without him we would have lost by 35.

Hudson- I just didn't like him at all, he seems to force shots and thats not what this team needs. I know he is a streaky shooter and definitely tonight was not one of his hot nights. Hopefully he picks it up against LAC.

Other things I think we could have given Croshere some more minutes to try against Boozer, Belly was good with the two 3's in the 4th but need to see more to see if he can play defense. Azu was good but thought he could have been better and more aggressive.

Overall I'm not too worried like I said we just don't match up well against the Jazz. They were a Western Conference Finals team so nothing to hang our heads about. We'll be fine this year against any team not named the Jazz or Spurs.

Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:07 pm
Hmm I know its only one game but i think it should have been closer than what it was maybe a 12 point loss instead of the 19 point loss. But again its only one game so I cant say much about it. One thing I did see though is the energy is gone when Baron leaves the floor no one else has that energy (thats where we miss J Rich) so hopefully when Jax comes back he can bring that with him. So we shall see what happens on Friday.

Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:26 pm
Wow. This team looks worse then last year. I know S-Jack is out but I was really missing J-Rich tonight!!

Same ole dubs. Missed free throws. If we aren't shooting lights out then we are basically killed on the glass and embarrassed.

Why were there NO fast break points tonight?? What happened to we are going to run, run, run?? What happened to airing the ball down the court before teams could get back. What happened to Nellie Ball?? All I was seeing was Midget Ball!! As Charles would put it.

Nellie is really starting to bug me with these lineups. We have two seven footers on the bench and we are getting killed on the boards!! I know both of them are extremely raw but our guys weren't doing a damn thing!!! At least bring them in to spell AB for some minutes.

Everyone was missing shots and our Italian lights out shooter is on the bench the whole game and Troy scrubby Hudson is still out there.

What was the deal with playing Baron and Troy together sooooo much??

We were getting dominated in the paint and Nellie kept going smaller!!!

I mean I could see if it was working and our guys were running the floor but the only ones capable of running were Monta and Baron.

Man, not good. I know these guys have our number but I am now paranoid about this season.

Anyone catch the Blazers against the Spurs?? Man. They were playing very well. They were long at every position. When they get Oden back they are going to be very good.

:banghead:
Born and raised in the muthaf***'n 808 /
Now I reside in the Golden State!

Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:26 pm
(hey. i'm a rookie here. just registered. i figured it was about time to join)

disappointing game but an experimental one as well. nellie's gotta find the new rotation, which will be hard for awhile with sjax out. but it'll come.

i'm still in content state of statisfaction from last year's run, which needs to stop cause it's a new season. and i can't wait to see how jazz fans try to justify baron's post season dunk with kirelinko's blocks tonight, even though they did win the series anyway. (no offense to jazz fans here, i read this forum last spring and you guys did show a load of class, i'm just trash talking)

the intro was sick tonight as well. must have been awesome to see it live.

the team will bounce back. and i'm looking forward to going through the season with you all on this forum. should be an exciting one.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:05 am
Why didn't we play zone against these guys. They have exactly two outside shooters on the entire team. Deron and Okur. (and some scrubs they'd rather not play like Giricek) They were killing our man to man every time down. I am flabbergasted. This is the one team in the league that you have to play zone against IMO.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:05 am
Some points:

When you really look at it, would you still pick the Warriors to win? I mean c'mon, they were without Jackson who's their second best player.

Belinelli and Azubuike should shoot more. These guys can light it up, and they showed signs of what they would offer if they put up 15-20 attempts a night.

Barnes and Hudson were extremely disappointing. I don't know what the hell Hudson was thinking with all the things he did during the game. They both seemed absolutely lost. Barnes has no excuse. Hudson is new, so I'll give him that.

Yeah, I know. You don't like the rebounds and turnovers. But when you face a bruising team like the Jazz, they win the matchup down low so they're going to obviously win the battle of the boards. And turnovers? When your offense is running way over the speed limit, you're going to spin out of control.

There was so many bullsh*t ticky-tack calls. The damn refs should just let them play.

I noticed that Mehmet Okur always pushes his defender when he comes off a screen to shoot a jumper.

And last... I really appreciated what Croshere did. It was the little things that he did that made me respect him. He boxed out, stayed in the play, and shot it when he had the chance instead of passing it away like a role player would most likely do. Croshere did a lot of fundamentally sound things that you'd like to see more from this team. If he can win Nelson's respect, I think we'll be seeing more than 7 min a game from Austin.

It's just one game, gentlemen. We're like 1-8 in the last nine opening nights with our win coming against the Hawks. But even then we had to come back. Once Jackson's back, we'll be gellin'. But until then, everyone not named Baron or Monta needs to step up big time after how they played tonight.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:28 am
Meh. I watched this thing to the bitter end. Monta still plays out of control.
Thunder wrote:Harrington out 2 weeks with bad attitude.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:37 am
richtek9 wrote:Wow. This team looks worse then last year. I know S-Jack is out but I was really missing J-Rich tonight!!

Same ole dubs. Missed free throws. If we aren't shooting lights out then we are basically killed on the glass and embarrassed.

Why were there NO fast break points tonight?? What happened to we are going to run, run, run?? What happened to airing the ball down the court before teams could get back. What happened to Nellie Ball?? All I was seeing was Midget Ball!! As Charles would put it.

Nellie is really starting to bug me with these lineups. We have two seven footers on the bench and we are getting killed on the boards!! I know both of them are extremely raw but our guys weren't doing a damn thing!!! At least bring them in to spell AB for some minutes.

Everyone was missing shots and our Italian lights out shooter is on the bench the whole game and Troy scrubby Hudson is still out there.

I mean I could see if it was working and our guys were running the floor but the only ones capable of running were Monta and Baron.

Man, not good. I know these guys have our number but I am now paranoid about this season.

Anyone catch the Blazers against the Spurs?? Man. They were playing very well. They were long at every position. When they get Oden back they are going to be very good.

:-o You said it well :D

Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:41 am
richtek9 wrote:Wow. This team looks worse then last year. I know S-Jack is out but I was really missing J-Rich tonight!!

It's tough to get out and run when you don't create turnovers and it takes a miracle for you to get a defensive rebouond. The problem is when the Warriors play the Jazz they struggle to get a defensive stop, when the Jazz do miss a shot an offensive rebound happens about 50% of the time thus limiting the fast break points. We will see a much different team against the Clippers on Friday and a similar game as tonight come Saturday. The NBA is all about matchups and quite simply the Warriors do not match up well against two teams and two teams only. The Jazz and Spurs.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:41 am
section223 wrote:(hey. i'm a rookie here. just registered. i figured it was about time to join)

disappointing game but an experimental one as well. nellie's gotta find the new rotation, which will be hard for awhile with sjax out. but it'll come.

i'm still in content state of statisfaction from last year's run, which needs to stop cause it's a new season. and i can't wait to see how jazz fans try to justify baron's post season dunk with kirelinko's blocks tonight, even though they did win the series anyway. (no offense to jazz fans here, i read this forum last spring and you guys did show a load of class, i'm just trash talking)

the intro was sick tonight as well. must have been awesome to see it live.

the team will bounce back. and i'm looking forward to going through the season with you all on this forum. should be an exciting one.

Welcome to the forum section223

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:02 am
Regulator wrote:Hmm I know its only one game but i think it should have been closer than what it was maybe a 12 point loss instead of the 19 point loss. But again its only one game so I cant say much about it. One thing I did see though is the energy is gone when Baron leaves the floor no one else has that energy (thats where we miss J Rich) so hopefully when Jax comes back he can bring that with him. So we shall see what happens on Friday.

it really was a closer game than a 19 point loss. the warriors coulda made a late game run to make it a smaller deficit by keeping in the starters, but nelson did the smart thing by preserving BD. he realized it likely woulda been a loss anyway so might as well take him out and not risk injury.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads