Warriors - Seattle SuperSonics (10/23)

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:38 pm
Hoonyo wrote:I don't know what you guys are talking about. There will be no more cuts. There are 15 guaranteed contracts on the roster. Brown, Burke, and Powell (Carlos) were already waived.

Unless they mean cuts as in going to the D-league.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:49 pm
Nice win by the team and using a different lineup as well as Lasme and BWright played a bit. Seattle also looks alright, especially with Wilkins and Wally playing well. If they get both Collison and Wilcox working the inside fairly well and have Wally, Wilkins and Durant playing well also, with their passing PGs Ridnour and Watson doing their job, they could surprise everyone. They need to stay healthy ofcourse and Wally for one just doesn't do that anymore

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:17 am
migya wrote:Nice win by the team and using a different lineup as well as Lasme and BWright played a bit. Seattle also looks alright, especially with Wilkins and Wally playing well. If they get both Collison and Wilcox working the inside fairly well and have Wally, Wilkins and Durant playing well also, with their passing PGs Ridnour and Watson doing their job, they could surprise everyone. They need to stay healthy ofcourse and Wally for one just doesn't do that anymore

Seattle should tank the season since the very first game. They have a nice foundation for a good team there... but don't have enough talent to win consistently.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:17 am
More minutes, more production.

13 minutes for BWright. 6 boards (a team-leading 3 offensive). 7 points (on 3-for-4 shooting). 1 take-away.

6 boards in 13 minutes? Against the likes of Chris Wilcox and Kurt Thomas?? Is there anymore doubt that this kid can ball??

As always, I don't expect a response from this. Especially from people STILL hating on the trade.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:06 am
did not get a chance to listen, but reading recap and boxscore, looks like Monta has lost none of his attacking spirit. 8 turnovers for him continues to raise concerns about the PG scenario, whereas Bellinelli certainly did a nice job with 10 points, 5 dimes and 4 boards in 22 minutes. Nelson may need to have the rock in someone else's hands besides Monta when BD is not on the court, but then again, it is only his first game back. Also solid contributions from Biedrins, Croshere and Harrington. Very nice work from B Wright, too. As a matter of fact, looks like the only one who had a rough night was POB, with a Diogu-like 3 fouls in 2 minutes! A lot of hopeful signs here.
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:31 am
Yeah, both O'Bryant and Baron Davis had their first rough games of the preseason. I'm not too worried about it; everyone's entitled to an off-game.

What's most impressive about Wright's stats is that he didn't even enter the game until midway through the 4th quarter. Imagine if he'd have played the whole game like that. I don't think 20/10/1 would have been a reach for him last night. Kid was major energy off the bench.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:23 am
Wright played his way out of the D league with this game and I couldn't be happier for it. I think the W's will only send Kosta down there for the long haul and maybe Lasme and Wright for short spurts, but not nearly as long as they had POB down for last year. Wright conributes way too much already for him to be in Bakersfield.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:11 pm
Exactly. We could use him for 15-20 minutes a night. He brings so much energy off the bench, it'd be a crime to use Crosshere ahead of him...
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:53 pm
Hoonyo wrote:I don't know what you guys are talking about. There will be no more cuts. There are 15 guaranteed contracts on the roster. Brown, Burke, and Powell (Carlos) were already waived.

I am refering to going down to the D-League. I said it wrong. :wink:
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:15 pm
wow looks harrington..he is maddddddddd

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:17 pm
12 is Lasme, yes?
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:40 pm
yes...lasme
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:48 pm
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Nice win by the team and using a different lineup as well as Lasme and BWright played a bit. Seattle also looks alright, especially with Wilkins and Wally playing well. If they get both Collison and Wilcox working the inside fairly well and have Wally, Wilkins and Durant playing well also, with their passing PGs Ridnour and Watson doing their job, they could surprise everyone. They need to stay healthy ofcourse and Wally for one just doesn't do that anymore

Seattle should tank the season since the very first game. They have a nice foundation for a good team there... but don't have enough talent to win consistently.

Barring injuries, they have enough talent in the right places to win at least 30 games, not that that is anything great but they are not that bad. Thing is, injuries always happen and Wally, a major player for them for them to have a chance of being a winner, is always injured

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:24 pm
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:

Barring injuries, they have enough talent in the right places to win at least 30 games, not that that is anything great but they are not that bad. Thing is, injuries always happen and Wally, a major player for them for them to have a chance of being a winner, is always injured

I agree with that. Seattle's main issue is obviously inexperience, as their core right now is rookies (Durant and Green), who could possibly do something in a couple years. Wally won't be effective on the Sonics because they don't have an offensive big (I don't consider Durant because his main weapon is his perimeter/shooting) to draw double teams.

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:59 pm
DON NELSON
On Seattle Game
"We gave the young kids a chance to win or lose it and they performed really nice ... Seattle is not a good team and they almost beat us tonight, so I don’t know where that puts us. They’re kind of a fun team. They’re so young, they’re going to suffer early until these young guys learn how to play…PJ (Carlisemo) has a tough job in front of him."
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads